All Comments on 'It's Too Cliché...Right? Ch. 08'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I was kind of expecting a little more drama in terms of how Evan would react to being forced out of the closet. But then again this series is about breaking all cliché. Anyway I loved this story just as much. Great writing. Most importantly thank you for being punctual about the updates. ^_^

P.S. congratulations, your story is now in the hall of fame list!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Congrats on making # 1 on Hall of Fame List for chapter 7!

Awesome job, your talent deserves to be recognized.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What's going on?

I've so enjoyed your other stories. I keep trying to give this one a chance but with ch 6 it's like you lost it, like you turned a strange corner. It's become nonsense.

Reader777Reader777about 7 years ago

This was a great chapter as have been all the previous ones in spite of what the last anonymous responder says. I love this story and think it is very well thought out, composed and presented. (Not everyone likes the same style). I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters. Thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another 5*

Ok, unsure if this anon calling the story nonsense is the same one commenting rudely on ch. 6, but regardless, could you please just stop already? I'm sure you have better things to do with your time then writing rude comments about a story you obviously don't like. If you don't have constructive criticism or few encouraging words to share, then don't comment. No one made you read the story, so if you don't agree with the way it's going, stop reading it!

Anyways, little beef aside, wonderful job on another 5* chapter, musicfreak. I'm loving how the story is progressing and the little steps Evan's making in their relationship. Also, congrats on making it to the Gay Male Hall of Fame! So proud and happy for you! Anxiously awaiting ch. 9, thanks for sharing! Danni876*

judojonjudojonabout 7 years ago

Dont let some people tell you what it is that you are relaying to us. I think your writing is some of the best on here. I do love the way you brought them back together. Am such a sap for love .Cant wait for the next chapter to come. Thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Growth

It is so great to see the growth the characters go through here. I had hoped that Evan and Brad would not lose the fledgling relationship they are building. And I see here that all the people involved have learned to be more accepting and kind. And both Evan and Brad have made real efforts to speak to each other, continue their kissing, and mend the hurts that were inflicted. Obviously private time together for cuddling, kissing, and fondling and sucking will help!

Keep them loving, and keep them exploring their sexuality. I love it when they are naked together, and Brad is so turned on by Evan's beautiful body with the hairy chest and abs and beautiful cock. Let's keep them going and growing further in love.

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Guys, don't give the anon a hard time. He had apologized for being mean in the earlier chapters and I will never hold it against someone who dislikes my work. After all, like some of you said, not everyone will like my style of writing and that's okay. To the anon, I too would like to apologize if I was defensive previously. I understand that the writing style of this may be different from my previous works, but I've grown as a person and a writer, so naturally things would change. No hard feelings?

Anyway, on to more lighthearted news. I seriously can't believe that chapter 7 made it to #1 on the hall of fame, albeit for a extremely short time but I was expecting that. The short part, not the getting to #1 part. Haha. It still seems so unbelievable. Still, the fact that I currently have a story in the list of best stories on this site is extemremly humbling. After all, it's better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all, right? Haha.

As for the story, I understand some of you may think that there wasn't much drama in this chapter, but this was just the tip of the iceberg. Introducing glimpses onto the enventual conflict that is sure to come. So if you're craving for more drama, this was just there to whet the appetite, so to speak. Haha.

Again, I seriously cannot thank you guys enough for all the love you've given this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great dialogue writing.

The delineation of the characters through their dialogue is so wonderfully natural. The interaction between Brad and Evan and the dialogue amongst the rest of the members of Brad's group reflects their long and close friendships. I can't wait for this story to continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Keep it coming.

Good progress for Evan. I think Jake and Brian got off too easy. But, in real life, with real teenagers , immaturity still reigns. Love how the story is going. Apprehensive about drama sure to come. Let's have it! Thanks for a good job. Your writing is good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

You don't reply to emails on your feedback. Not fair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Joe G

I am one to get up during night time hours to see if your posting has hit for the day,

It takes a special person, and that you are. I don't write, unless I have enjoyed the writings, but you more than want me to come back, and even reread your good writings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice progress

It is cool that Evan is taking risks, he has some issues to solve, but he should talk to Brad about it, both Florida and that Blue guy. Since even his father thought he was dating Brad some chapter ago, I'm guessing his friends abandoned him after either a coming out or being caught experimenting... I'm also guessing that he had something with that older Blue guy and that he hurt Evan.

Feeling sorry for Brad though, his feelings are at stake as well..

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

I seemed to be a spoiled record repeating this over and over again, but seriously thanks you guys. The fact that so many people are telling me that they check back everyday for the latest update really makes me happy. Has me thinking 'damn is my story that good?' But I know I shouldn't doubt myself and just go with the flow, so I just accept it and blush. Lol

I'm glad you think that the friendship between the gang shows through, because I was trying very hard for that to come across. As I mentioned before, this is my first story where a protagonist has quite a number of close friends, my previous works usually having no more than 2 or 3 at a time. So I'm glad you guys think the characters are well developed.

I'm sorry if I don't reply to some email feedback I receive. I swear I have never had the number of personal feedback as I do with this story and sometimes I just miss replying to some. Also, some email feedback are anonymous as well so I can't reply even if I wanted to. So, if anyone has ever sent me an email feedback which I don't respond too, just know that I really appreciate your kind words and I do read your messages.

As for your prediction for the story. You're correct...and wrong at the same time. Lol. I won't tell you which one is which. Haha.

So, only 4 more chapters to go before this roller coaster ride of a story is over. Thanks everyone.

baikalisanbaikalisanabout 7 years ago
Mmmm

5⭐️S yet again. Totally love it as I said previously. Very sad to see so few left. I save your updates for my "relax in bed and read before sleep" daily happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I legit cried for half a second...

At one point, when Brad was leaving Evan's house, their exchange made me tear up.. 💙 gosh I don't want to reach the end of what is written..

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66about 7 years ago
As always another brilliant story

I love this story and how this is developing

cyan18cyan18about 7 years ago
It's gettin' better

I love the way this story is turning out,i can't wait to read the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The scene at the lunch table during Evan’s first joining was not realistic. They all knew who much and for how long Brad crushed on Evan. There is simply no way that the first impression they would give him is to rudely ask if Brad bottomed, with whom, Jake saying that he wouldn’t even do that with him, and then asking directly if the two of them fucked! There are so many things wrong here - and would simply not be things they’d bring up with a relative “stranger” that you knew Brad was trying to impress. Brad’s sex life, his preferred roles and sexual history, personal questions about their intimacy?? None of this would be brought up in front of Evan - immediately, in a joking and accusatory manner, just no way. The scene was so unrealistic that it ruined the whole chapter. And if in the wildest stretch of imagination had happened, there is no way Brad would simply brush away his anger and forgive them all so quickly. Come on…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous