All Comments on 'It's Too Cliché...Right? Ch. 11'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This is a great cliff hanger. Haha. You had assured us that the plot would thicken with more drama and you didn' t disappoint.

Eagerly waiting for the final chapter and the next story from Evan's POV.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lovely story

I'm a 45 straight housewife who for the past ten days has been getting up early to get all my chores done so that I could then sit down and have a cup of coffee and biscuits and read a new chapter!!! Why? Don't no why but I love this story and your characters.......can't wait for Evans version too..Well done 5 stars for every chapter written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

It has been a very very long time since I have been this addicted and attached to a novel and its characters!

I check in nearly every couple of hours to see if you have updated because I am so hooked!

You are definitely talented and thank you for sharing you talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I'm enjoying the crap out of this story!!

Reader777Reader777about 7 years ago

Wow! This is a masterpiece, especially this last chapter.

sm1982sm1982about 7 years ago
Really Brad?

So Brad would've told the very same friends who he forced onto Evan and even stated they were also Evan's friends as the relationship continued to give Evan the "cold shoulder" after he broke up with Evan? He knew from the jump that Evan was complicated.. and now knowing why he has trust issues still expects Evan to come out for him? Evan would've been better off with Jake because that dude knows how to keep a secret and he never allowed pressure from the very same friends he shares with Brad to reveal names they didn't already know about..and where is Brad's compassion for Evan after hearing why hid mom was shot? And I still can't get over Brad being the co-called SGA president, who under normal stances probably would NEVER pressure anyone to come out/re-come out when they aren't ready but feels it's perfectly acceptable to do so to Evan smh and unless Evan told Kirstie to send out that text, what she did goes again the school's no bullying rule + being a safe haven for all students. I'm leaning heavily towards Evan told her to text it because most of those students are asking, "Who's Evan Trevorrow?"

LeannimalLeannimalabout 7 years ago
💔💔

Heart is totally breaking after hearing Evans coming out story! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter. Especially now that the school gossip has thrown Evan out of the closet again! Yet it was a screenshot of the text message, so who was it that actually wrote it?? And why? Hopefully Brad and the crew will be there for Evan, actually I should say hopefully Evan allows them to be there for him!!

And is the next chapter the last! Or is there a sequel???

judojonjudojonabout 7 years ago

Dam how things can go so side ways. Who would have known you sure had tears flowing down my face.Can so relate. Brings such sad thoughts. You are such a great writer this story is so well put together. As others say cant wait for the next chapter. Thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Totally understand your creative process. I've just been completely absorbed by this story and selfishly want more now lol. But you've become one of my favorite authors on here so well worth the wait :)

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Thanks so much guys. Your nice comments make me extremely happy but also scared at the same time. Doubt starts to set in, wondering if the ending would live up to the expectations. The only thing I can do though is wait and see.

@Reader777: Masterpiece? That's really high praise. Thank you so much, though.

@sm1982: I can tell that maybe you don't really like Brad. Lol. To be honest, I wrote him like that on purpose. I wanted him to make mistakes and realize his shortcomings. It's so often that many people don't see their flaws and I really wanted Brad to be like that, only seeing his mistakes after his breakup. Initially, when this story was still in its infancy, I was thinking of making the conflict something like Evan freaking out after almost getting caught with Evan which led to the breakup. I decided against this because I didn't want Brad to seem too perfect and Evan too much of the bad guy. Perfect characters are just not what I want for my stories. People are flawed, and these flaws make them more believable. Brad has made some questionable choices, but so has Evan. It's just that we don't know what those choices are in this story. The take away is that he realizes his mistakes but does not pretend that it automatically makes everything else okay. The problems with their relationship were real and knowing why Evan was like that doesn't mean they disappear. As for Kirstie, I'll leave it for the next chapter.

@Leannimal: Glad you're enjoying the story. Yes, the next chapter is the last, but it isn't the end of Brad and Evan's journey. There is going to be a sequel, though not for some time, so there will be a little bit of a wait for that. Sorry.

Thanks so much again for all the comments. Last chapter coming tomorrow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Drama

We knew it was coming. Very creative in revealing Evans story. Sadly , somewhere in the world this scene has played out in real life. So, my heart wants to wrap Evan up and hold him forever in his pain, but real healing comes from the pain we live and how we cope with true love and support from those closest to you (your) heart. You have captured real life well in this story. Brad needs to hitch up his boot straps and go to Evan and lay it all out along with his heart. It's what Pearson's do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loving it

I'm practically biting my nails in anticipation, great story. Thanks for how fast you are updating. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
My mistake

Like another commenter on ch. 12 said, I did the same! I was rushing through my morning routine daily just to check for a new update on this story first thing after I woke up. It's so good! I was almost late several mornings trying to read through the whole chapter before getting to class, but it was so worth it! Then later I had to go back and reread the chapter to make sure I didn't skim over anything important. Lol I was the one commented on the football from ch. 12, that's understandable. I hardly know anything about football either, I just thought it a little odd that it was only mentioned in the first chapter. That's my mistake, I should've checked the previous chapters for it before assuming. Lol Thanks for clarifying. And on the comment you posted of the third story being about Jake and the aforementioned character, am I right to assume it might be Blue? Or would that cause too much drama with Evan supposedly already having been there, done that? Then again, drama is what teenage life is all about isn't it? Love your work, this is by far my favorite series of yours to date! Danni876*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really dislike that Evan was not the one to tell his secrets to Brad. They dated “in secret” for nearly half a year and during that time Evan should have trusted Brad enough to have a totally honest conversation, not just give vague snips of his past. Even when faced with Brad breaking up with him, it still took Evan weeks to even speak a word to Brad. I get he needs time but that all happened 5-6 years ago and Evan clearly missed out on some much-needed trauma therapy. It’s a sad story for Evan but it’s an unfair mistreated heartbreak for Brad. I understand why Eric felt he had to tell Brad all of it but it was a betrayal of Evan to do so. Just wish these two had been more honest all along with each other. Would’ve avoided a lot of unneeded hurt of both of them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous