Ivanovs Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cantar smiled, and knew she never said what it might mean if it did not work. "And if it doesn't Aunt Eugenia, I'll never be a mother, will I?"

Eugenia took a breath, and looked her in the eyes. With years of wisdom, she spoke. "Cantar, you have lived for over five centuries. You have done things most people your age dream of. Do not let your life be defined by one biological act. My son was left alone at age three, another woman, a wolf became his mother. Your oldest brother was abandoned by his father, yet Claus raised him as his son. You can be a mother. You don't have to birth a child to mother it, Cantar." Eugenia stopped for a moment, "Remember that my niece. You don't have to birth a child to love it and be its mother."

Cantar nodded and accepted her words. Amerie joined the conversation and the women talked. Eugenia mixed the drink, and both Cantar and Brenwan drank. With an hour they were both in pain, Kale started to lash out at the older woman when his wife stopped him. He and Claus helped both women lay down. Eugenia stayed with them as they hurt. She asked that the other adults leave the room. Soon both women began to bleed. The stench was horrible. It smelt like death. The bloody discharge went from red to black.

Cantar screamed, and her body expelled the most heinous black blob. The stench was rancid, horrid. Eugenia called and asked Amerie to help her. Placing her in a position to give birth, Eugenia sat between her thighs and she fought to breathe through the horrible stench. Cantar, felt as if her body was being rent in two. Donning thick pair of latex gloves that Claus had found for her, Eugenia saw a deep purple growth ease out of her niece's body, and she carefully extracted it. The excrement was the size of a small child and the smell permeated to room. Cantar was still bleeding, but she needed to be cleansed. So Eugenia dropped the blob in a basin, and took a moment to clean her niece's body of its residue. She removed the extra tissues that had grown and prevented her from carrying young. Eventually, her bleeding slowed and stopped, and she knew the poison was gone.

At this moment, Brenwan screamed, and Eugenia repeated the procedure. Kale sat outside the room, wanting to rush in and stop her pain, but Claus kept him calm. At the end both women knew the poison was gone from her as well. Eugenia smiled and for the first time since her nightmare began centuries ago, she thought, Essie, you didn't win. You tried to break them, but you did not win. Soon, both women were recovering.

Eugenia explained to Kale to let Brenwan rest few days and when she felt ready they could resume their love lives. She then talked to Cantar and told her that she believed that the drink worked and she'd be able to have children one day. Claus had a maid to change the soiled linen and he and Kale burned the excrement and soiled bedclothes.

Cantar hugged her aunt. She trusted her but she wanted to be sure. She'd find Thomas and ask him to check her blood to be certain. Sensing her thoughts, Eugenia smiled and encouraged her, "Yes, call your friend and have him analyze your blood. Tell me if you're cured."

Cantar told her that she would. She left the room and called Thomas. She wanted to tell him how things went as far as her parents were concerned as well. He returned home a few days ago, but she could tell he was concerned about the outcome of the events. Having dialed his number, Cantar waited for him to answer. She was about to give up and leave a voicemail.

After six rings, his soft baritone voice answered, "Hello, This is Thomas Macavi. May I ask whose calling?"

"Hey Thomas, it's Cantar. I wanted to tell you what has happened. Mother was beheaded and father died yesterday." She stated.

"Cantar, I'm so sor-," she interrupted.

"Mother has a sister, who is also an herbalist. Aunt Eugenia made a drink to cleanse the poison from us and Thomas, I think it worked." She inhaled. Thomas waited.

"Can you check my blood and see if it's gone, Thomas. I know you're not an internist, but maybe..." she froze. He could refuse. She knew he only helped because as a scientist he felt obligated. But, would he be willing to simply help her?

"Cantar, of course I will. I can be there in a couple of days alright. I want to meet your Aunt and learn about the extract she used," he explained.

"OK, and Thomas thanks." She meant sincerely.

Thomas smiled, Cantar Ivanov was way out of his league. She was mean and nasty, and seemed to enjoy tormenting him. But that was ages ago. After learning about her mother, he understood her better. It did not get past him that she was also extremely vulnerable and beautiful as well. "You're welcome, Cantar. I'll see you in a few days."

She hung up, and for the first time since learning about the true nature of her mother, Cantar felt happy. He has every reason to hate me. And he could have refused me outright, but Thomas is a nice guy. I will find a way to make up to him how I've treated him in the past. I hope we can be friends, she thought.

She returned to where Eugenia and Amerie were talking and told them Thomas would be here in a few days. Eugenia was happy for her niece, because she knew the solution worked and her body had been cleansed. However, she understood her need to have her friend check to be certain.

Brenwan listened to everyone talk and noticed that Kale and Claus were in deep conversation. She wondered about the wolf pack. They'd met one of the wolves, the night at Gernick's. She'd held his son. The pup was so playful and she loved holding him. She wondered would they ever meet the rest of the wolves or would the segregation continue.

Kale and Claus had finished talking and he and Amerie wanted time alone. So Kale joined his mate and peaked into her thoughts, as Claus and Amerie spoke with Eugenia and Cantar.

Love, I hope we get to meet them one day, but if not. They are important to my brothers and a part of us now. We will keep them safe. Kale whispered in her thoughts. Brenwan nodded and hugged her husband. If his brothers only knew how much he wanted to be a part of them, they'd never doubt his loyalty.

*****

Garrick arrived at the compound and told Gernick that he had Jonathan with him. Nicolette met him and collected her son. Nina and Margaret were with Julianne so Nicky took the baby and joined them. Julianne and BJ were overjoyed to see Jonathan, and covered him with kisses. Soon an Omega came and took Jonathan back to the Alpha home where the other kids were staying. The alpha twins, as the oldest were the unofficial baby sitters, and they took their roles seriously. Theo, Javier, and Nickie squealed when Jonathan arrived and the four babies had fun crawling around playing, much to the dismay of the Omegas watching them, they wished bedtime would come soon.

Kim had some test ran on Lars and found that his seizures were treatable. She ordered an IV and an overnight stay. She needed to speak with his brothers, but was nervous about being in the same room with the handsome blonde one. Kim walked to the waiting her room, her eyes gravitating to him.

"I need to speak with Mr. Kelvic's family," she spoke as she entered. The brothers were instantly alerted. "Your brother will be fine. He has a lesion on his brain that triggered the seizures. I am treating it, and if the medicine works the episodes can be controlled. He will have to take medication from now on and-," Krill stopped her.

"My blood did not cure him. Why? I don't understand." He asked, as everyone turned to face Kim, waiting for an answer.

"Mr. Kelvic, this tear just occurred. It might close and he'll be fine, but more than likely it was caused by stress of some kind." She explained.

Krill felt guilty instantly, "I worried him. I should have called." He looked at his other brothers and started to apologize, but Manson would not hear it.

"Krill, he's going to be fine. Besides, I owe you big time. I met my mate." Manson stated as his eyes locked on Kim.

Kim was speechless. Then she remembered she was the healer here. "Gentlemen, I want to keep him a couple of days, but I believe he will be fine." She explained, "He is in his room, you can go sit with him if you would like. This is Deanna." She introduced the nurse that accompanied her. "She will take you to him." Kim then turned to leave. Shari was back, and she had a few more patients to check.

Once she left the room, she knew he followed her. He asked, "What time are you done?"

Kim turned and her voice caught. "Mr. Kelvic, please spend time with-," he interrupted her.

"It's Manson. Listen Kim, I am not leaving and you know why. I have waited for years to find you, so your ice queen routine won't deter me. Now, beautiful," he whispered as he gently caressed her cheek. "What time do you get off?"

Kim was enthralled. He was so good looking, and strong, before she could control her tongue, she croaked, "Seven, I get off at seven."

Manson smiled, "I'll see you at your office at seven then." He leaned over and kissed her temple. Kim gasped. Manson turned and followed the nurse that was taking them to his brother. His brothers saw the smile he was wearing and they'd tease him later. But for now they needed to make sure Lars was alright.

Gernick and Nicolette were coming back from checking on Shari and Garrick. They saw Kim and she told them Lars was fine but she was keeping him a couple of days. They went to his room and all four brothers surrounded the bed. He'd just awakened, and was laughing at something Phillip said. Apparently he'd told him that his healer was Manson's mate. Krill was laughing at their antics and Nicky had to admit, he was good looking. She felt Gernick's hold tighten on her waist. Love, I'm married not blind, she sent her annoyed mate.

Gernick replied, Ok, the next time I admire a lovely female, you can't get jealous. Nicky laughed, and the brothers looked at them.

Lars had learned that Nicolette was instrumental in getting him here, so he smiled at her and spoke. "Your actions saved my life, Mrs. Ivanov. Thank you. If I can ever repay you, I will."

"First of all, my name is Nicolette, or Nicky to me friends. Second of all you don't owe me anything, I'm just glad I could help." She explained, as Gernick held her a bit tighter than normal.

He then looked at Gernick, "Don't worry about Krill. All the girls like his pretty face. It's sickening, I know." And the men laughed, and Gernick relaxed. Gernick and Nicolette spoke with the brothers and told them they were heading back home. They extended and invitation for them to stay, but the brothers wanted to be nears Lars. Elise, can you accommodate the brothers tonight? Nicolette asked her alpha. She knew they were visiting Julianne and the twins, and she wanted to make sure they could accommodate these guests.

Nicky, Javon and I are on our way. She informed her. As they talked the Alpha's walked in and told the men, they were welcomed in the compound, but all four could not sleep at the medical center. As Lars was staying a couple of nights, one brother was welcomed to stay with him each night. The other three were more than welcome to stay as a guest at their home.

Nina and Thaddeus walked in, and Krill was floored, as was his brothers. She and Nicolette connected, and they understood. Nina was her sister. She would never harm him or his brothers and his respect for Gernick's mate grew. Thaddeus approached Krill and brothers, and told them that they were truly welcomed and if they needed anything to let him or another pack member know. Javon watched their reaction to Nina, and he smiled. These men were honorable, and if he was not mistaken, the pack's alliance had just grown by five.

The four brothers knew instantly that these vampire and wolves of this pack were connected. Krill, they are like us. They are family. Lars sent, and Krill nodded. He knew Gernick had a reason for refusing to allow Nicky and his son to come before the council, and now he understood fully what his reasons were. One of them could stay overnight with Lars, and he knew Manson would want to stay.

Nicolette and Nina went to the Alphas to collect their children. The children were all in a pile asleep. Nicky extracted her son, as did Nina. Celia had picked up her two earlier. Margaret had collected BJ and Julianne's young ones. She was now staying with her daughter, and would visit for a few weeks before returning to Louisiana. Nicky and Nina parted ways, and headed home with their mates.

The men visited with their brother a bit longer until a nurse informed them that it was time to leave. Manson volunteered to say with Lars, and Phillip and Terse would stay at the Alpha home. Krill decided to take Gernick up on his offer and stay with him. He felt welcomed at the compound, but his mother was there and he needed to be with her as well. A theta escorted all three men to the Alpha home and Krill made sure his younger brothers were comfortable. He then vanished back to Gernick's home. Gernick met him and the men talked. He then escorted him to his room and bid him a good night.

Krill lay in the guest room in his cousin's home. Yes, he considered Gernick his cousin as well, even though they were not really blood relatives. He was the brother of his cousins and in Krill's mind that made Gernick family too. He needed to check on Momma. He went to his mother's room before retiring, "Momma, Lars will be OK. This healer is amazing. She is kind as well as beautiful. She is also Manson's mate. He's in good hands."

Eugenia was so relieved to hear from her son, she whispered, "Thank goodness. I was so scared this time." She asked, "She is Manson's mate? You like her."

Krill smiled, "Momma she is beautiful, and he is a lucky wolf. The pack, they are... I mean I felt at home. We all did. The Alpha and his wife, they remind me of Ma and Pa. I need to call them and let them know what has happened. Do you think they would consider joining a pack? This pack... I like them Momma."

Eugenia hugged her baby. Krill was all tough and, manly on the outside. He was a fierce warlord when he had to be, but at the base of that was his love for his family. "Call them and tell them about Lars. I know Bea is worried. You can bring up the rest later." She kissed his temple. Krill smiled. His mother was safe at last. No one would hurt her.

"OK, go to sleep old girl. You need to rest." Krill stood to leave. "I'll call them now."

He returned to his room and called his were parents. As suspected they were up, not resting. Ma, Pa, Lars had an episode. He is fine. We got him to a healer at a local pack. She is amazing. She found the cause and has the medicine he needs to fix it.

Krill, thank Luna. I felt something was wrong, but I also knew that it would be alright, Ma replied. Now this healer, you speak of her with affection, is there something we must know?

Krill chuckled, Yes, but I'll let Manson explain. I can say you will love her when you meet her.

Pa chuckled. Ah so the oldest fell first, I'm sure she is special then. How is Eugenia? That sister of hers- Krill spoke. Esmeralda's dead. I took her head. Ma, Pa, she hurt so many people. How can someone be that .... Krill stopped, he didn't want to dwell on that bitch anymore. My cousins accepted me and Momma, they bear no ill will towards me. She poisoned her husband and he died yesterday. They are going to be fine, and having Momma here helps.

Krill yawned, As soon as the doctor releases Lars, I will bring him home. I promise. Manson might not be back, but that is understandable. Ma , Pa, rest now. We will call back tomorrow. I love you.

We love you too son. Rest now. You are safe. Ma whispered and they disconnected. Across the house, Krill heard Jonathan cry out and then the rustle of feet. His cries were soothe, and he smiled. Gernick was blessed. One day, he'd meet his wife and like his cousins and now his brother, he'd move heaven and hell to make her happy and keep her safe. Soon he drifted off to sleep.

*****

Julianne and the babies were home. Four weeks had passed, and Margaret needed to go home. She tried calling Lakota, and he was polite but distant. He even spoke with BJ and Julianne congratulating them and sending them lovely gifts for all five children.

Last week Levin and Reina came and visited. Margaret wanted to ask Reina about her brother, but she was afraid. Reina was helping Julianne bathe the girls and Javier one night when Levin spoke with her. Margaret broke. Levin held his friend and told her it would be alright.

Reina walked out and saw him holding the other woman and was surprised that she wasn't jealous. She could not feel bad for her. Margaret hurt her brother. If she felt bad at all she should.

Reina, that's unfair. They need to work this out, love. They need our support. Levin sent his mate who was instantly contrite.

I'm sorry love. It's hard knowing how much she hurt him, she answered.

You need to look at this from her side to understand her reaction, Levin sent. She has her reasons. They make sense to her.

Reina knew that Levin understood Margaret better than anyone. But she knew her brother. The last few weeks were brutal for him, and she feared if something was not done ... Well she would not finish that thought.

"Reina, I'm sorry. How are you feeling? Are you taking your vitamins, resting?" Margaret asked relinquishing her hold on Levin as the young Alpha madam approached. She knew they were expecting their first child.

"Yes, Margaret, I am fine. How have you been?" She liked Margaret; she just wished her and her brother would get themselves together.

Margaret looked away, and Reina realized that she was hurting just as much, or maybe even more than Lakota. Reina hugged her, and whispered. "It will be alright. I'll smack him around and make him come to his senses," she promised.

Margaret laughed and embraced the younger woman. She whispered, "just don't bruise his handsome face, alright?"

Both women laughed, and Levin held his mate close. He was happy and wanted the same thing for his friend. He understood that she was terrified, but Lakota was not Oscar, and she deserved to be happy. He knew they'd work it out, and it would be hard to watch. But if two people were destined to be together, then Lakota and Margaret were it.

*****

When Gernick and Nicolette returned home, Claus told both of them that he would join the council, and they'd relocate to Asia. Nicolette was ready to protest immediately. But Gernick pulled her into him. He then congratulated Claus. This man had dedicated his life to him. It was time he had a chance to have a life of his own. "You'd better visit, and we'll visit you, OK?" Gernick whispered as he embraced the man he considered his dad. Claus met with Cassius and accepted his appointment. A meeting was called and Krill had to leave his brother to attend. He liked Claus and looked forward to working with him.

The next few months were tense. Claus and Amerie went to Asia to meet with their constituents. Claus was worried that he'd have opposition and he did, but it was not anything he could not deal with. Then they saw their new home. It was lovely, and Amerie was excited for her daughter to visit her new home.

Amerie moving to Asia was hard on Nicky, but she refused to let it show. She had everyone fooled except Gernick and Nina. One weekend after Claus and Amerie moved, Nina popped in for a visit with Nicky. She didn't tell her she was coming. Gernick told her she was in her studio, and he was concerned. She had blocked their bond.. Nina popped in and found her best friend crying her eyes out.