All Comments on 'Jake and Toby Ch. 05'

by kmillerk1

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story

glad to have you back-always excited when you update one of your stories.

OnimpulseOnimpulseabout 9 years ago
Very Nice!!

Great to hear that you're doing better and dating, just be careful and allow love to come to you...on YOUR terms, with a love equal to the beautiful love within you. And...this was a very nice chapter!!! :-)

canndcanndabout 9 years ago

great chapter. This really showed the depth of the relationship they're forming. The care jake took of him was really sweet. I am looking forward to them saying how they feel (while not drugged to the gills lol). I have to say, I am surprised they haven't said it b/c Toby was very willing to say in the beginning that he was falling for him. I expected he might say it first b/c of that. Hopefully it will come out soon. don't do the cliche birthday thing...my vote is for a separate time.

I am super intrigued about what happened with Rick. What could it have been that he left like he did? Did he hurt the doc or do something wrong to someone and lose his job? the comment he made about Jake being able to afford it in the note he left was suspicious given he was older than him. Was he another doctor? I can't remember if you said. The familiarity Alan had with him makes me think so. I hope Jake opens up soon b/c Toby trusted him right away with the info about his ex. I don't know what he is waiting for. Is it something so painful that he doesn't want to re-visit it or is he afraid of Toby's reaction? Why not tell him when it seems others think it is important he does? I also think he should b/c if he was in the hospital and others know the story, it would suck for Toby to hear it from someone else.

Well, I enjoyed this chapter and look forward to more.

kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years agoAuthor
Response to Cannd

Hello,

I have written Jack in, he is coming up in the next chapter or so, I have written the part (actually almost after I wrote chapter 1) but don't know where I am going to enter it.

About Rick, OMG, I know something is there, I just don't know what yet, I have my thoughts of what had happened but haven't written it yet. But I don't think everyone knows, I think just people close to Jake knows about Rick (e.i. Janice and Alan) so I don't think Toby will find out through the hospital grapevine.

Thanks again for the comments

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 9 years ago
Trust and honesty

I am loving how this is progressing and with every day moving forward how closer Jake and Toby are developing, but Toby was honest about Jack and so that means Jake needs to give the same respect to Toby and let it go before they can really have a proper relationship

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I really don’t like the cloak and dagger mystery around Rick. Toby was very honest about very painful and unflattering things with Jack and that was very early in their relationship. They are much more serious now and still Jake is keeping a big secret from Toby. That doesn’t bode well for openness/honesty in their relationship and frankly makes Jake seem a little immature and sketchy. Whatever it is, tell him about it, talk about it and put it behind them. That kind of communication drama sucks in these romance stories because it is so unnecessary. The longer it’s secret, the bigger repercussions it will have when it finally comes out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkmillerk1@kmillerk1
I'm going to stop writing for a bit. There are several reasons for this. 1. In and out of writer's block. 2. Lit keeps returning my stories because they think that AI has written them. (So, warning, it's not just me; a lot of authors are getting flagged.) 3. I have things to ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES