All Comments on 'Jake and Toby Ch. 06'

by kmillerk1

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

delightful. a pleasure to read.? just the right amount of nooky . however i know you need sleep but i need more to read flower so get the caffine flowing and get typing l o l . you have three days while away with hubby .lol. .i got your email this morning you are six hours a head so as i type this it must be around 6pm your time.? as its just before noon uk time . have a good evening keep up the great stories. look foward to reading more. regards big jonathan

kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years agoAuthor
Correction to Big Jon :)

I am 5 hours behind you, so it was 7 AM here, when it was noon your time, and I was lying in bed thinking about what I was going to write next on Adam & Steve and Dave & Leroy. I have already half a chapter done on Jake & Toby. :) (But you all can wait a bit for that.) (That's when I would insert and evil grin here, but I can't. LOL)

canndcanndabout 9 years ago

I was really happy with this chapter. It showed that everything isn't perfectly understood between partners/lovers. You can't mind-read. I think it showed them both working at things and working to make one another happy. These two really are sweet together, but not the 'everything is perfect with no work' type of story couple. I like how they communicate and clear things up when something it coming between them.

As for the scene with Jack...it went really well. I really loved how Toby was so decisive when he told Jack to go home and that they were DONE. That said, I wonder if Jack can raise any problems while they are out in his neck of the woods? I somewhat doubt it b/c these two are really tight. Like Doc, I found it strange how different he and Jack were. I was surprised that Jack was as flamboyant as he was. I would have liked Doc to ask Toby about that. I think it has more to do with Toby having never really let himself develop a type or determine what he liked b/c jack was always there.

I loved how you added the passive-aggressive barb of 'remember you had your chance to go' a few times from Toby. it showed that whether or not he claimed to understand if Doc wasn't ready to meet the parents, that it hurt and bothered him. And hey, he's human. I think that the fact that jake surprises him out there will make them closer. Looking forward to the trip, though I am kinda dreading the homophobic uncles.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I very much disliked that Jake turned down Toby’s offer to go to CA to meet his family - and then planned to surprise him by following him out there. This may seem romantic and sweet, but it was clear that Jake’s resistance to make the trip hurt Toby, and made him upset. His comments leading up to the trip were clearly coming from disappointment and a bit of anger. Toby has suffered for weeks thinking Jake didn’t want to come and then made the long flight out there all by himself. I agree with Janice - why didn’t Jake just agree to go initially or at least be honest and upfront with Toby once he decided to go. While it probably won’t backfire, these kind of surprises mixed with some dishonesty can sometimes not go as planned and Toby could be very turned off (even feel foolish) when Jake shows up and it was all a big facade. I just don’t like these kind of surprises. Almost feels like he’s been lying to him for weeks and found behind his back. I just hope the neither the uncles nor Jack try to ruin this trip.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkmillerk1@kmillerk1
I'm going to stop writing for a bit. There are several reasons for this. 1. In and out of writer's block. 2. Lit keeps returning my stories because they think that AI has written them. (So, warning, it's not just me; a lot of authors are getting flagged.) 3. I have things to ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES