Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After scrubbing every inch of our bodies, a few special spots came in for extra attention too. We finally emerged from Sam's room to hear Jeff in the kitchen bitching about there being no hot water again. I couldn't help myself.

"Don't worry Jeff. I'm sure you can find yourself plenty of that, easy enough."

A girl sitting at the counter opposite Jeff - I'm guessing was another housemate - spat her drink across the bench in a fit of laughter.

"Oh Jeff, you just got owned, big time," she let with a smile. She stood up and walked over towards me with a big smile on her face, looking at me like she knew me. I was wracking my brain trying to think if we had spoken to anyone when we got back last night - I drew a blank.

Throwing her arms open and around me, "Hi I'm Saffi, Sam's sister."

"Hey, Saffi!" Sam let out behind me.

He walked around me to his sister and gave her a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Um," I took a double take, my mind was clearly not communicating with my mouth. For some reason, I'd assumed that Sam didn't have any siblings, but clearly, he did -- idiot!

"Sorry. Hi, Saffi." I was a caught off guard. "Nice to meet you," I said as I stuck out my hand to shake her's and was pulled into a hug from what was on closer view, a very female, but strong resemblance to Sam. How the hell I didn't spot that first up?

"So, you're the Fireman that my little brother is always talking about, hey? Glad I finally got to me you, Jamie." She continued with a heart-warming grin, much like the one Sam pulls off.

"Sam is clearly a fan, Mr. Fireman."

Simply and easily she pulled me a little closer and whispered into my ear, "Jamie, don't hurt him. He's all 'Mr. Easy going', but it's an act. He has a heart of gold. It's fragile and I love my brother, ok?"

I squeezed Saffi a little harder with my arm that was wrapped around her waist, replying "Would never - he's a great guy." We exchanged eye contact before breaking.

Turning back towards Sam, "I like your sister Sam. I'm guessing you get the whole bossed around thing by older sisters too, right?"

Saffi looked at me while walking over to the counter. Grabbing a cloth, she started to wipe up her ejected drink with a cheeky smirk on her face, as if I'd triggered a distant memory.

"Do you have any sisters or brothers, Jamie?"

"Yeah, I have two older sisters and an older brother.

"Oh, so you're the baby too, Jamie, just like Sam."

She poked her tongue out at Sam, which he just plain ignored.

I couldn't help it. My face went bright red, and I ran my hand down my face.

"God, what is it with older sisters? I swear they're so much worse than a Mom.

..o0o..

"Hey, Jules. Thanks for coming." I kissed her on both cheeks.

"Aww, Jamie, wouldn't have missed lunch with my old high school buddy for anything. So, what's going on?" Julie offered as she hugged the life out of me.

"Oh, you know, divorce, met someone, having fun, got my ass kicked at work from the ex-father-in-law and, of course, you'd heard that from Mom. Laughing, I continued, "Guess you heard that I'm going on a holiday to the States too, right?"

"Ha-ha. I did hear about you running away. Lucas is your partner in crime over there, I guess. You two have been like brothers all your lives, more than your own brother, really," Julie smiled. "Well I guess you're first cousins and all."

"Yeah, Mason is only my brother because you can't divorce siblings." I grinned. "Lucas would have been so much better as a brother rather than a cousin, though. He can be my brother from a different mother." We both burst out laughing at that.

We took our coffees outside and sat at one of the tables in the garden. Mike brought out our ploughman's selection plate - some of the finest cold meats, cheese and antipasto this side of the Mediterranean.

Ok it was time to kick this off.

"So, Jules', I've got something to tell you."

The look of horror on her face was enough to almost make me chicken out.

"Hey, nothing is wrong with me! Sorry I didn't mean to scare you!"

"Oh, thank god! I thought you were going to drop the 'I'm really moving away' or something worse, like you're getting back with your ex."

"Nah, no fucking way."

Oh, crap how do I do this, I pondered, looking straight at Julie.

"Ok-so..." last time Mason did some pretty stupid shit, and both of us were the last to find out. Seemed everyone else knew first. It's a fucked thing to find out like that, plus I still want to kill him, but...

I took Julie's hand in mine and leaned a little closer.

"Jules, I'm so sorry to have to tell you," I stopped and looked to the heavens for some help. Julie was my old school friend, the closest that I could be to a girl or anyone, really, without being involved romantically.

There was no sugar-coated way to do this. I just had to rip the 'Band-Aid' off. "I busted Mason last night, with someone else. It was very public - the guys were there, too. They spotted him first."

Taking a deep breath, I continued. "In fact, half the district was as well. It was very, very public. I'm so sorry, Jules." I'm guessing Old Mrs. Creeley at the dry cleaners already knows.

Tears started to roll down Julie's cheek. I moved my chair side on to her and pulled her into a side hug, placing gentile kisses on the top of her head, holding her.

She rested her head against my shoulder, crying. I stayed silent for a few moments, giving Julie time to let some of this wash over her, although it would have been like waves crashing against rocks, rather than rolling up a sandy beach at the moment, no doubt.

"Jules, the only reason I didn't kick Mason's ass when I saw it was Ty and Sam grabbed me." I grimaced, taking another deep breath. "Plus, I didn't want to make this about me. I only thought about you Jules, and how that prick-brother of mine was hurting you. I'm so sorry, Jules, I really am."

I just sat there holding one of my dearest friends in my arms. Julie let out 3 years of hurt and pain, crying into my chest. I gently rubbed her back and told her how she was too good for that sonofabitch.

She was shaking. I reached over and grabbed some napkins off the table -- I know they're not Kleenex but, in this instance, anything was better than nothing - offering them to Jules. She didn't even look up at me, just held them to her face. I just held her even tighter.

It was taking all my strength not to join in with my best friend crying. There were several unshed tears in my eyes. My mind was racing. How was it that a member of my family - my brother for fucks sake! - could do something so hurtful, so selfish, to someone so undeserving as Julie. Sure, Mason and I had our differences, but really! I just shook my head.

Did he have to be a total bastard to everyone that liked or loved him? Where did this come from? None of us, or our parents, are like this. I can't even say he was the milkman's kid, because we all looked so similar. 'Variations on the same theme' my teachers at school would say.

I swear to god, if I lay eyes on the sonofabitch, I'm gonna do shit I'll regret.

Mike had started to walk towards us, being the great host. He was bringing us a second round of coffees. When he saw how Julie was, he quietly placed them down on the table beside and signalled with his finger that he was going back inside.

We sat there for most of the afternoon, chatting, and slowly emptying Mike's pastry cabinet. Julie was crushed. That bastard never deserved anyone as good as her to start with.

Finally, Julie asked me if I had any pictures of the other woman. I looked at her surprised.

"You really want to do that, Jules?"

She stared back at me with a steely look on her face.

I relented and showed her the selfie taken with Sam. My prick brother was in the background, full lip-lock with his new, completely oblivious to my presence.

Showing Julie, I said "I'm sorry I took this. I was going to post it to the family chat group, but sanity and Sam, moreover, stopped me."

I was somewhere between embarrassed for thinking of dropping it on someone -- especially Julie -- like that, and angry at myself. Jesus! I can be a child in an adult body at times.

"Jamie, can you please send me that?" she requested, pulling me pack to the here and now.

"Really, Jules, no..."

She had a 'do or you'll die' look on her face, so I did. Hearing the swoosh of the message sent was almost painful. Although Mason had done the wrong here, again I felt bad for Julie, Mason, to a degree, and our families. This stuff never goes down well.

"Jamie, I told Mason that if this ever happened again, I'd kick his pathetic ass to the curb and I meant it!"

Julie clenched her fists in frustration, I think -- I wasn't sure.

"This time, I'm not going to let that bastard get away with it... Jamie, can you drive me back to my place. I have a little job that I'd like to you help me with." Her eyes were fixed full of rage and hurt.

"Sure, ok, I'll get the bill. Meet me over at the truck if you like."

I headed in to pay the bill and say bye to Mike. She was pissed, and I didn't want to add to the list of people in my family that were on borrowed time. Mike had a questioning look on his face. I put my finger to my lips, signalling that I couldn't say.

He understood and offered a "take care" to the both of us.

..o0o..

The drive back to Julie and Mason's place was quiet. Julie just looked out the window a few times, commenting on how the color was fading from the gardens as winter closed in. We pulled up out front.

"Come on, you've always wanted to throw your brother's crap out. Well, now's your chance."

I quickly followed Julie inside. I wasn't sure exactly what she meant, but the first thirty seconds in the door made it pretty clear.

From nowhere, Julie appeared with a huge black trash bag and started sweeping things off various bookshelves and countertops through the house. She dropped the first bag on the floor, then grabbed a second. I was fixed in place. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Was I supposed to stop her? Offer her advice? Maybe Julie should just think about this a bit. Or do I help get this SOB out of her life.

She made the decision for me.

"Jamie, don't just stand there, take this bag and go into the master bedroom. Throw everything of your brother's into the bag, and I mean EVERYTHING."

The trash bags piled up out the side of the house pretty quickly. Two hours later, Julie had pretty much thrown all of Mason's stuff in to the driveway.

I did have to stop her a few times from setting it ablaze, though the thought of his stuff being all burnt up was appealing. I smiled inwardly. Once Julie had finished, she took off her wedding band, setting it on top of one of the trash bags, then snapped a selfie with the bags and ring in the background.

My cell phone beeped a few seconds later. A message from the family group had come in.

When I opened it, there were two photos from Julie to everyone - the selfie with Mason, Sam and myself, plus the one Julie had just taken, with the by-line, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Mason, I want a divorce."

I'd just finished reading the message when Dad called me.

"Jamie, what the hell is going on? How long has this been going on for and why didn't you tell your mother and me? How is Julie? Wait don't bother. I'm on my way over!"

I didn't even get a chance to say a word, he was gone before I could speak. I looked up at Julie and told her that Dad was on his way over. Her face was a mix of anger and apprehension. I guess she wasn't too sure how this was going to go with the old man.

Mason had always been able to get away with so much more than the rest of us with Dad for some reason, same as I was able to with Mom, I guess.

I walked up to Julie and hugged her, "You ok, Jules?"

"Yes and no. I guess this is going to hurt for a while. I just don't know what to do or feel, Jamie."

What felt like only moments later, Dad pulled up in the driveway, with Mom riding shotgun. Julie stiffened a little, so I held her closer, telling her that it was going to be ok. There was no way I was going to let Dad make excuses for that fucktard this time. If I ever had to make a choice between Julie or Mason, so sorry for you Mason.

Dad jumped out of the truck and closed the distance between us quickly. His face was full of concern for Julie. As he got closer, I saw the unshed tears in his eyes break free, one rolling down his cheek.

"Oh Jules, I'm so sorry that my son is a bastard."

He looked at me for a second. "Not you, James."

"Julie, sweetheart, you don't deserve this, you really don't."

I stepped sideways a little as Dad grabbed Julie into a hug, rubbing her back and comforting her. He mouthed "thankyou" to me. There were tears silently rolling down his cheek. Mom came up and joined their hug.

She was taking in the pile of trash bags behind Julie and looked at me. I signalled that it was all Mason's stuff, she looked surprised. After a few minutes, Dad suggested that they go inside and talk. He wanted to help Julie as much as they could, and, although it was painful for her, him and Mom too, she needed to put Mason behind her now, take some timeout for her.

Clearly, he'd learnt a thing or two with my divorce and the mess that was before, I guess. They've known Julie for as long as I have. They're good friends with her folks too, so a few people are going to feel wounded by this.

As I was walking back inside the house, my cell started to ring. It was Adam about the apartments. I'd clean forgot about the time and the meeting.

"Hi, Adam. I'm sorry about missing our appointment, man, but something came up."

Dad heard me say Adam.

"Oh Jamie, I've left a folder on the kitchen counter at home for you, with property prices, tax information for your meeting. There should be enough there to help you with Adam."

I was shocked, "Oh, hold up a sec, Adam." Looking back at Dad a little confused, and shrugged my shoulders at him, he waved me off.

"I can be there in half an hour, if that's ok?"

"Jamie, am happy to wait. You're my last appointment for the day."

"Ok Buddy, I'll see you soon," I said hanging up and slipping my cell into my pocket.

"So, is it all ok with Adam, Jamie? Your Mom and I have this sorted, so go and meet with Adam, and get some dinner while you're out."

He smiled, "We're having dinner with Julie and want some time with her son, okay?"

I headed over to Julie and gave her a kiss and hug, then Mom and Dad in turn.

"Thanks Dad, you've been great about this. You too, Mom."

They both smiled and put their arms around Julie, walking into the living room together.

12