Jared and Norah Ch. 02: Club 74

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wondered if she was going to give details, and whether or not he was about to be set upon by someone giving him the third degree. While he understood the need for her friends to know she'd be safe, one more thing delaying them from being naked and alone was intolerable.

A tap on his shoulder startled him, as he thought he'd know the direction from where Norah would arrive. Only it wasn't Norah, it was Jay. Shit, he'd completely forgotten about his brother. Dammit.

Jared quickly schooled his features, but it was too late, Jay had seen the confusion and consternation on his face. He looked at Jared questioningly, arching a perfectly groomed eyebrow, saying "Were you expecting someone else?"

Jared smiled, hoping now that Norah would be a few minutes longer, so he didn't have to explain. His brother was way too shrewd, and knew him too well. "I'm glad you're here, sorry I was a bit late. So what was so urgent that you needed to see me?"

Jay started to speak, but was interrupted by Norah tucking her hand into Jared's arm and saying "I'm ready to go."

***********************

Norah felt Jared tense as she touched him, her eyes darting to his face. He looked away from the man in front of him, giving her a brief but taut smile. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the other man give her a swift appraising look, then shoot Jared a glance of surprise.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize..."

"Oh, you're back already..."

They both fell silent as their words crashed over each other simultaneously, the resulting pause awkward in the extreme, until it was broken by Jay's words.

"Jared, who's this lovely lady?" Jay was speaking to Jared, but his eyes were focused on Norah, assessing, but not unkind, his hand outstretched to her. Automatically, Norah extended her own and found it clasped firmly between the other man's.

Resignedly, Jared replied, "Jay this is my friend Norah. Norah, this is my brother Jay."

"Enchanté, Norah", Jay responded, bringing her hand to his lips and kissing the back of it. Until Jared plucked it from grasp, with a muttered but amused, "That's enough."

Jay straightened with a knowing glance at Jared, asking "How long have you two been..." he paused for emphasis, "Friends?"

Jared gave him a look telling him to cut it out, which Jay blissfully ignored, as Norah replied "Not long." She paused a moment reading the look between them and turning to Jared. "Did you need a few minutes here?"

Jared nodded at Norah, at the same time that Jay said "Not at all." Jared looked at him in exasperation, saying "I thought it was urgent." Jay smiled broadly, beaming a smile at his little brother. "It'll keep. Call me when you're able." Jay turned to Norah, resting a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Norah, it was a pleasure, I hope to see you again soon." He turned and started to walk away, further into the club.

Norah watched Jared's face and could tell he was torn between staying with her and going after the other man. She squeezed his arm to get his attention, saying with a smile, "Go talk to him. I'll be waiting right here."

He looked at her with relief, saying, "Promise?" At her nod his smile widened and he bent down to kiss her cheek, sending little frissons of electricity against her skin. "Back in a flash."

*********************

Jared caught up with Jay at the end of the bar saying, "Not so fast. You called me down here and said it was urgent. What's up?"

Jay smiled at him knowingly. "Who's Norah?"

Jared scowled at him. "A friend. But you already know that. Why did you get me down here?"

Jay smirked, "She seems nice. Very nice." Turning to look at the woman in question at the far end of the bar, he waved when he caught her eye. "Is she nice, Jared?" he asked his brother.

Jared looked at the Norah, who, after waving back at Jay, was studiously not looking their way so as not to intrude. Jared's face softened as he looked at her, something that was not lost on Jay. Jared let out a long breath, turning back to his brother with a look that quelled any further teasing, "Actually she's amazing."

Jay held up his hands in surrender, "Okay, okay. I'll behave." His expression then turned serious. "You being careful?"

Jared nodded mutely, raising an eyebrow at Jay, saying resignedly. "Yes, I am. Don't worry." Jay nodded solemnly back at him, concern in his eyes. "I always worry about you. You're my little brother." He patted the other man's arm. "And after...well, I just want you to be happy."

Jared hugged him, saying in his ear. "I'm fine. And I really do want to hear you out, but I also have a lady waiting." He took a step back, looking his brother in the eye. "So what's going on?"

********************

Norah was relieved when Jared returned, his expression lighter than when he'd left her side. "Everything sorted?" she asked, selfishly hoping that whatever had passed between the two men hadn't dampened Jared's desire. Jared nodded at her, smiling, before throwing a casual arm around her shoulders and squeezing her briefly in a half hug, looking back at his brother who was looking at the two of them. With a tilt of his head to the other man, and receiving a two-finger salute in return, Jared turned his attention back to Norah, moving them toward the door.

"Okay sexy, let's go get you naked."

************************

12