All Comments on 'Jealousy'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 194 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very nice

I like this story. Different from the rest. Instead of hiring detectives, buying surveillance equipment to catch his wife with another man, and planning on hiring a divorce lawyer, this husband actually tries to save his marriage by talking to his wife, and giving her the love and attention she deserves.

Great story, keep em' coming. (pun intended)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very, very nice

A really loving wife and loving husband. Very refreshing.

It's stories such as this that I still click on "Loving Wives" stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Super Story

You did a great job!

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Great Story

Probably every marriage has a turning point and if it is recognized, it is bypassed. This is a really great story About such a recognition and the resulting actions.

Really enjoyed this. A loving wives special!!!

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Nice Story

You did a good job of taking a tense situation and turning it into a happy ending. That was a very uplifting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Great Love Story

jack_straw:

I do believe this story should have been under romance 'cause that's what it's about. You told a fine tale of a couple in the mid-marriage doldrumns who were each able to understand the problem and take the necessary steps to rectify it, even as the serpent reared it's ugly head to provoke some turmoil with his version of the apple. A great story. Thank You! Ronnie W.

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
A masterpiece

Thankyou! A story with a sensible woman.

A bloody good story well told.

So far above the dross we are continually served in this genre it is almost unbelievable.

Thankyou again for a fantastic story.

A few more of this ilk will not go astray.

fregenfregenover 18 years ago
Lemonade

Terrific story. Nice to see a husband taking the positive action to turn his marriage around. Nice to see the wife respond and also take action.

Yeah, it took a negative event to make him see the light but he took the lemons and made lemonade.

Thanks for sharing.

noone269noone269over 18 years ago
Excellent story!

The best I have read of this type in some time. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Fine story

Of course Dutch not spending any time in jail, or at least court, for the assault moves it to the realm of fantasty. Dealing with the Paul problem in a realistic manner might make for a more interesting story. Maybe less satisfying, though.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
this story

makes me glad that i added you to my favorite author list. not all stories have a happy ending, and rightfully so. in real life not all lives have happy endings. but some do, and so did this story, it deserved to. keep up the good work, already looking forward to your next story. please don't keep us waiting too long.

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Good Read

Liked the way things moved along. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Enjoyed

I enjoyed from start to finish. It was nice reading about a man straightening his relationship before the pain of betrayal. Susan adding to the fix of the relationship without giving grief to Dutch was also great.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 18 years ago
Very Nice change of pace!

Jack Straw, excellent story! It's nice to see a story where the husband gets proactive in a positive way, not just by barging in and disrupting the potential affair, but by realizing that changes needed to be made and by making them. I think about how this story could have ended very differently if he had just barged in that first night with his anger showing and possibly driven her into Paul's arms.

You have taken a different approach in this story and its wonderful.

Keep on Truckin

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent real life story

WELL DONE! Great story, everyone should read and then go work on their own marriage! Enough said!

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Good

Its nice to read a story where a husband stops the peoblem and possible cheating before it happens. Maybe with people reading more stories like this. More people would try to fix their own marriages unstead of letting it end up in divorce

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
FANTASTIC...

Time we all survey the homefront!

charleybearcharleybearover 18 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed this story very much.

It was possible for Dutch to step in and make the changes necessary to salvage a troubled marriage. Susan loved him and the minute he showed he wanted to make their marriage better she jumped at the chance.

If she had already cheated on him it would have been a different animal however. Proactive is a great thing before the dire dammage of an affair has taken place.

I am all in favor of happy endings in stories like this one.

Keep up the great writing.

Charleybear

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 18 years ago
You did a great job.

It was a real nice story, and you did a great job telling it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent Story

I liked the characters, the plot and the outcome. A winner all the way around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great story

Wonderful story. Thank you

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Congratulations!

Rarely do we see a story which breaks the mold. You have presented a wonderful addition to the collection of classic stories in Literotica. With this story the standard for other authors is set markedly higher, with all readers being the beneficiaries. Congratulations on your achievement!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Likely Your Best

Your talent has always been very high, so you know where I'm going don't you. Expectations are reasonably higher for those who can - in this case entertain with respect and credibility.

Lessor writers evidently must get down and roll in it to get the short term attention they crave instead of challenging themselves with growing and taking on more serious work - then making mistakes and driving forward through the hard work.

So you are measured differently than you were and they are.

I had a teacher who asked why I was satisfied with "B"s! In that same vein, you no longer have to be a "B" do you!

In this story, you were deep, introspective and gave every key character some respect or consequence - we could relate to or aspire to what you espoused - we got your point with arousal and a view of a credible horizon - then sunset. Not that every sunset needs to or could be pleasant. It's the way you handled the situation, them and us. Did the theme help - perhaps - it did raise emotions but you sheparded with clarity and respect and consequence - it was credible and so were you!

Thanks Author - you are appreciated, respected here and felt to be credible here and I hope for more of the good stuff driving these comments from you - with high Regard

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Superb

Something a bit out of the ordinary. A sweet told tale with points well made. A marriage needs to be nurtured as this story illustrates so well. Hats off to the author.

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Excellent

Excellent, excellent piece of writing. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

RussHRussHover 18 years ago
Ratings tell the story

This is one of only a few on Literotica that I've seen with ALL ratings at 100%. A fantastic accomplishment. Jack_Straw you are to be commended on a terrific piece of work.

I've enjoyed your work up to this point, but I'm afraid you have set a new standard for yourself. From here on I will be looking for this type of story from you. A tough act to follow.

Hear, hear, Author.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
Thanks Jack

for this REAL "loving Wife" that does not fit the cheating wife ,creampie eating ,Oh honey I love you so much but I've just got to fuck his big black monster cock and It's only sex darling, your the only man I'll ever love bullshit.

Thanks again.

Hell, I may even go tell my wife how much I love and appreciate her. Might even get lucky tonight, who knows?

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
A fine piece of storytelling

A simple story told exceptionally well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Smart, Honest, & Mature Dialogues

This is one of the few more serious attempts by any author having two typical spouses talking, both smart but both also frail; luckily, both also know their weaknesses and strengths, or know them to some good degrees.

"When I saw you kissing another man like that, I got angry but I also go to thinking: 'I had better change and treat her like my beloved wife; it might be too late already, but I will do my best to convey to her my love of an appreciation for her over the years she's been with me.'"

It was done in a "tight" situation, which results, briefly, in her swearing at him: "Oh, so that's WHY you became so loving all of a sudden, eh?", but immediately she got to thinking, too,,,,

"I'm sorry it happened. Even if really minor, I felt bad right afterward, knowing it's something I should not have done. But, y'know, we've started to drift further and further apart, with our work and all that.... Not entirely your fault; mine, too. I guess, not unlike you, I've also taken you for granted. Either of us, despite what we might think during more rational moments, COULD HAVE done something terribly unforgivable, especially during festive moments with others when either one of us is not there."

Both look at one another, knowing, as frail humans, that, yes, anything could have happened --- but, more importantly, they both also know their marriage and their life-time partnership are more important to them than any outside sexual activities, because they've seen their own parents life-long devotion to one another,,,

"I want to grow old with you," she says looking tenderly at him.

"You remember how Dad died some 18 months after Mother,,, I guess he couldn't live without her" (that was a reference to his parents and especially about his beautiful, strong, and dedicated German mother who suffered tremendously during the WAR but who survived to live a long, good, loving life with a good man.)

(It's so real to describe how his being named "Hans" pissed him so much in lower grade school years, he punched some boy for "calling" him that! I remember my own hated name as he did! I didn't hit anyone but prevailed in having that hated named cancelled altogether!)

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
One of My Favorites

This story remains one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
So true, it's scary

My husband & I both read & loved your story. You tell our tale better than we ever could. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Perfect!

You rock! The story left no loose ends, didn't leave out anything, and seemed very realistic. I finished reading it and felt really good about things (well maybe a bit sorry I haven't met anyone like her, but here's hoping...)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wow!

a very fine story.i've been married for over 50 years and you have given me ideas to help me get to 60 0r 70 years.thank you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
EXCEPTIONAL work... magnificent !!!

wow... what a great story... amazingly well done with a strong smart woman character that was not also an axe murderer...

Just Fabulous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
From one Jack to another ...

I must have been out of town when this came out 'cause somehow I missed it.

This was quite well done. Both characters were clearly defined and strong. The story flowed well and was pretty much error free. I particularly liked that you didn't have these 40 line paragraphs. Very easy to read.

Godd dialogue - basically everything a well-written short story should have.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
i love your story,but who was in the wrong

didn't the husband see wife acting a little slutty,if the shoe was on the other foot what would've happen.the world has change,look at 9/11.a man tell us he attack our country and we don't attack his country.a man attack my wife i attack him.that a good thing to protect your family at all cost.some people say revenge is not right,but i say it stops the next person from fucking with you.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Great story, thank you

Superbly told, jack, thank you. Your prose was nice and tight and you did a fine job with the dialog. Flashing back to get the backstory into the tale was handled well and that's often tricky to do without disrupting the flow of the story.

The characters were nicely drawn and we got to get to know them, understand them and empathize with them. They're likeable people and we see them for who they are: just plain ol' average folks doing their best to make what they can out of life and love. Paul's character is stereotyped and we're made to feel unsympathetic towards him. It's not bad authorship but it's commonplace. To improve your authoring, try making a "bad guy" who's likeable. I can't do it when I write but I've seen those who can and it makes for excellent fiction.

The plot is uncomplicated but it keeps our interest as we watch Dutch struggle with his feelings and watch Susan teeter on the edge of infidelty. Their marriage is strong because it's built on trust, love and communication. When things start to head south, both Dutch and Susan hear the alarm bells and they act positively and decisively by talking to each other honestly and truthfully. It feels realistic and it gives the story an aura of credibility that isn't strained. I like happy endings and this one was quite pleasing.

Excellent fiction this is. This 100's for you, jack_straw, for a story well-told. I thank you.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
A Great tearful ending

That was moving and it tells a story that if you snooze you lose the woman that you love so much .

Pat .

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
wife strong and stupid,put self in harm way

when drinking involve weakness comes out and the wife being by herself left self open.kissing men not your hubby,without hubby around is asking for trouble.hubby fucked around playing games, when they were out side smoking he should knock the wolf out talking ugly about his wife.jealousy not for protecting your wife from pussy hound.jealousy is watching wife flirt with pussy hound and she to stupid to see the forrest.

NucleusNucleusalmost 17 years ago
My name is not ...

...Jack, but I have a little objection from writer to writer. I like your stories. They're almost entertaining. In this story I guess, the introducion of Dutch's parents isn't necessary as introduction (In this complexity). It's too prosy. I think the background is important, but only for you as writer, not for the readers. The story don't flow in this part.

<p>Anyway, full house from Germany</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

ReduxBlueReduxBluealmost 17 years ago
Well written

Everything flows well, the characters are well drawn and likable, but ...

There seems to be a real sense of inequity here. The wife went further over the line than the husband, but the husband made most of the concessions. She admitted she was skating on thin ice, but blew it big time going out without hubby all the time. Why didn't she invite him? A wife (or husband) shouldn't have friends that push the envelope of fidelity. The Christmas party dance scene was really wrong, after getting firmly back on track, why would the wife allow someone to monopolize her on the dance floor? Why did she allow herself to take sides against her husband after the fight? Too many broken pieces here, she needs to be much more contrite. Working too hard and 'mentally cheating' are too totally different mindsets.

Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Very good!

Reminds us mid-lifers of what we have. Both husband and wife re-connected. Thank you for taking the time to write such a well balanced story. You have a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
One of the best!

Wonderful story,beautifully written, great character definition, and real adult dialogue between husband and wife. Great story, Jack

60 year old George

randallangdonrandallangdonover 15 years ago
Just wonderful

I loved this story. You are an outstanding storyteller and really made me feel for these people. You made them real and easy to identify with.

grogers7grogers7over 15 years ago
Real story about mature couple in love

I'd like to think that most married men would be this mature. I know some who are. It takes a long time to find a good wife, and life is short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
the wife is disgusting, period

she is a lier, she flirts and kisses another man, and I'm sure she had no plans to tell her husband, the quickest wayt to determine adultrist bahavoir is to decide if you would do it in front of your spouse, we all know the answer. Then instead of taking her husband's word, she immediately sides with the asshole... one that she already knows is trying to fuck her... she only takes her husbands side when 100% proof is presented to her. This is not a marriage. This is a story that presents the type of behavoir you would expect form a young couple dating for a few months. Once again you can tell the story is created by a men who has a low opinion of women. This wife has no strenght, no ability to figure things out herself, and of course he made a point to let us know she felt guilty about her unfaithful behavoir.

dagoatmandaviddagoatmandavidover 14 years ago
nice reed but

liked the story but after 36 years of mariage ive seen almost all our freinds breakup and split over one or the other feeling sorry for theirselfs. And turning to others instead of each other. JUST AS IN THIS STORY SHE SHE STARTED GOING OUT WITH OTHER PEOPLE TO FIND WHAT SHE WAS MISSING INSTEAD OF TALKING TO HER MATE. She also never came clean when he first asked are we in trouble?She should of said we love each other but we got to work out our prolbems before things get bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
again

this is the second time i have read this story. i too came home early one time. not like you handled your situation, i went colder than ice. i walked into my favorite watering hole, saw this dud holding my wife's ass and kissing her i took hold of her arm gentley and pulled her away. the dumbass took a swing at me. "BAD THING!" i was in special ops, from '66 to '70, and went "tdy" to the "nam" 11 different time's. i unloaded on his ass. spent two day's and nite's in jail. he spent six and a half week's in the hospital, and over six month's in rehab. all charge's were droped. a couple dozen of my friend's said he starded it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nope n no again . . .

The lead male character, as usual for this fem writer, is depicted as a WUSS and by that means a wimpy pussy whipped sucker. Suggest writer MOVE ON and gain some maturity to realize what current life in the US is all about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
the difference

The wilingness to actually be open to the other, ultimately

Orionman17Orionman17almost 14 years ago
Introspective with positve recommedations for me . . .

a husband married to a loving wife like Susan. Thank you for your well-written story about 2 equals in a marriage. I enjoyed it very much.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Every married man should give this story some thought.....

It is easy to lose the magic in a marriage that has become stale. Unfortunatly, we often don't see it till its already too late. Thanks for a wake up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I'm a married man and gave it some thought

and still couldn't understand why he didn't confront her right when the kiss happened unless he is a secret closet cuck and wants to see his wife kiss other men.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
A fine story

With something to think about. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice to see that Susan could finish what her husband couldn't ..

.. of course, Dutch couldn't trust her when Susan was acting like a fucking "Whore on the make"! Geez, what a pathetic story of Dutch, the wimp husband, who couldn't make up his pathetic mind when his "slut" wife was on her way to a cheap "hook up"! Next time don't "dick around" and just make Dutch be what every reader of this story already knows .. a Cuck and a Wimp who has to have his "dense, slut wife" finish for him ... whatever "finish" may be?!?

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
An old hide story

So I stopped reading and I skipped to the end and rated it 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
A story of wonderful people

So I stopped reasons, skipped to the end, and gave it 5 *****.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

as wife say "You know, Dutch, you really need to do something about that temper of yours". where did he have temper ??????????? if he has temper hi may have kick there ass first time when he saw them.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
It really is a good story

I'd be tempted to give it a 5 just to counter Dworcuck's score but this really did deserve the 5 I gave it. It's nice to see a proactive response by the husband to head off the problem rather than just document it for weeks or months and then wind up with a divorce because he didn't have the 'nads to act in time to begin with.

I also liked the writing here as well. Good character development with believable dialogue.

Good job Jack. Please keep writing.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Read!!

It gives you something to think about in your relationships. Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NIGHT AND DAY

the torture remains inside. TK U MLJ LV NV

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Realism and heart

I enjoyed this a great deal. It goes to the truth of relationships. It has all the classic LW story elements, except it has no cheating, and it has a couple who truly love one another and realize that they have to work on their marriage. Plus, it shows how a seducer works-and should serve as a warning to husbands and wives about guys who are "work friends" and seem to be getting a little too familiar with the wife. I have seen this all too often in my life. It gets dangerous.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
A story on the edge

First, kudos for making a female character who isn't a worthless hormone tramp with no sense of self worth or introspection. Oh God do you realize how rare that in this catagory?

Second, I really bought all of the characters. I loved the husband who had enough sense of self to realize that maybe he wasn't God's Gift to Women. Maybe the smoke had involved him fanning the flames. I would have added a section where every Friday he made sure he took his wife out to short shank Paul, but maybe I missed it.

Hmm. That would have been an interesting scene. Dutch pushs date night on Fridays. Paul, seeing that he is getting denied access, tries to get her to lock into going out on a Friday. When his wife tries to beg off, he pulls the 'guilt' play. "I planned something special with you. Is hanging with your friends more important then that?" She makes the call to Paul and he offers enough of a snit to make Susan introspective about his motives.

Sorry. Shouldn't put my oar in the water.

This was brilliantly written and just long enough. I didn't find the section on his name too intrusive or irrelevant and added a bit of depth to Dutch's character. Why he viewed the relationship the way he did. It humanized him the way we really didn't get with Susan, so her reactions were always a surprise, albeit a pleasant one. (See first paragraph)

Thank you

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Oops

The way I go on about editing and rewriting, you'd think I'd do better.

The scene I envisioned.

Hmm. That would have been an interesting scene. Dutch pushs date night on Fridays. Paul, seeing that he is getting denied access, tries to get her to lock into going out on a Friday. When his wife tries to beg off WITH DUTCH, he pulls the 'guilt' play. "I planned something special with you. Is hanging with your friends more important then SOMETHING SPECIAL WITH YOUR HUSBAND?" She makes the call to Paul and he offers enough of a snit to make Susan introspective about his motives.

Sorry and I'll try harder

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Read

I wish there were more stories in LW's like this one. Real characters and true emotion. Not just some cuckolded husband who is humiliated and degraded. This is the kind of story that could actually happen. Keep them coming.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
FD45

I agree with your suggested addition. It might have made for an even better story. I haven't seen enough of these types of stories (stale marriage, wife starting to look outside the marriage (but not cheating....yet) for fun, companionship, etc., seducer gets involved, husband becomes alarmed, husband begins to try and 'win' wife back, seducer steps up the attack, crisis occurs, marriage survives), and I like your work. I would like to see your take on this type of tale (not a rewrite, or even a reimagining, but rather your interpretation of this type of plot line), with the device you suggest. Jack Straw did a great job with this one. But, I like the idea of making the wife realize the seducer's intent with a little 'outside stimulus' from hubby, rather than from a direct confrontation.

FireFox59FireFox59over 12 years ago
Nice

Glad to see a old favorite getting a little attention again. Sadly these type stories are few and far between on Lit now a days :(.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Oh come on..why should he have to win HER back..

She WAS intent on cheating. Get real folks. If he wasn't a wimp he would of cut his losses and walked away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
kings of LW?

cuckold kings maybe, or Kings of Cuck. SirThopas (as a writer he is a king) summed it up saying "the beaten cuckold craves revenge" and revenge stories exemplify that truism. I manage people for a living, guys comment here in reaction to real life. Easy to sort the losers and the winners based on comments alone.

In every cuck story there are 3 players; cuck, bull, wife. Readers identify with one. Figure it out from there and deciphering the comments is easy. Most guys don't realize they are acting out this dynamic (in spite of various comments pointing it out) but most guys don't comment because they aren't trying to disprove a positive.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
Gave it a 5 star

LOL, WOW while I am a member of the BTB crown. And it might not seem like it but I am a fan of a lot of writers here. I'm not against anything but cuckolding. If you're a swinger more power to you, threesomes, foursome and gangbang are fine as long as that's what your into. I like how the husband in this story did what he had too, to protect what was his and if she couldn't understand that, then like he said fuck her to. But I am just a vast hater of cuckold men, that's just me. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The way a reformed alcoholic hates a drunk

"Admitted cuckold hates cuckolds" defines the schism plaguing this category. The legions of closet cuckolds bring shame to all cucks by constant denials. Huecuck is a reformed cuck who took the first step, admission. Too many cucks still in the closet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Yeah Huedogg's taken the first step, admission. He's struggling with the next step though, 'acceptance'.

You've been cucked, Huedogg. Cucked hard. Accept it. To hate cucks is to hate your fellow 'man'. I say men, and obviously that doesn't count if you're wearing satin panties..

phd70phd70about 12 years ago
A GOOD Lesson

Wife should have been more upfront about her feeling that she was not appreciated and that Dutch needed to work harder at being her Companion, Lover, and Husband. Also, nights out with 'the girls' seems to be a warning of a marriage in need of work.

At least Dutch got the message before the situation deteriorated! Good for him. Story was an excellent reminder to those who are neglecting their relationships and families! Thanks Jack_Straw! Dan

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
As They Escorted Him Out She Stayed To Make Sure Paul Was OK

This part really angered me & I think says more about their relationship than most of the rest of the story. Still, he doesn't call her on it so I guess it doesn't bother him. It would bother me....alot. She blatantly disrespected him in front of her coworkers. How could he ever face those people again knowing that she had more concern for the douche trying to get in her panties than for her own husband? Would like to have seen that addressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
UAre the most insecure douche in

a category filled with insecure douches. no way a fancy little tart like you has ever had a real fight but a trained boxer can seriously hurt a guy and a civil suit with that evidence = poor house for Dutch.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
A nice story. I think it's unrealistic to believe or expect that a marriage can remain as fresh as when on the honeymoon.

But, I'm glad Jack didn't take the usual path of the husband blowing up and pissing the wife off at the first sign of her attention being diverted to a potential lover.

The predictable actions that come from the tit for tat in that sort of escalating battle can be interesting but it is used to often in Loving Wives Stories.

This could and probably should have been listed under Romance. Loving Wives typically has the "cheating wives" type of story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I personally think

that a married woman or man has absolutely no business dancing with someone else. If your spouse can't dance, live with it. It won't kill you to sit it out. Dancing is just vertical sex, we all know that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

if bigguy323 was in front of me i would have slapped the sorry motherfucker around. goddamn nancy boys, am i the only real man left on this shitty planet or what?

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
if he hadn't come home early

She woul have screwed the asshole.

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
I just cannot fathom

allowing a spouse to have a "girl's night out," "a boy's night out," or "going out with the gang from work." My former wife used the term "a bunch of us." I later learned that the bunch only included her and her boyfriend.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

actually it was a good story without cheating so i can go with it. paul got his ass kicked, she did not cheat and she and hubby rekindled the heat. works for me.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Great Story

Marriage has to be maintained, you have to work on it and sometimes fight for it.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
I loved this story

There must be millions of marriages out there where this scenario has played out just like this. There should be more stories like this.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

This was worth a solid four stars and if we were able to vote in greater detail, I would've probably given 4.5 to 4.6 or so.

After reading so many slut-wife stories in this category - not that I don't enjoy them, because I do most of the time - it's always refreshing to read a tale where the wife isn't unfaithful and where the husband's only thing to live for is revenge.

The content of this story reminds me of the trials and tribulations almost every marriage goes through. My kudos to every husband and wife out there that can find their own happy ending in the face of adversity. Our world needs more of you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
At last a story I really like

It is so refreshing to find a story where the husband is not some wimp cuck tree hugger. I also loved that the would be seducer got knocked on his ass.

This tale actually reminds me of something that happened when i first met my wife. She told me off at the time for acting as she said "like a neanderthal". But later confessed that she had loved it. And the added bonus is that we still laugh that the little prick that thought he was going to grab a piece of my wife is probably still running.

Well done please write more of this.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
What a crock of shit

Why does it always have to be the husband that must "win his wife back"? That implies that she is the one pulling away. What did he do anyway? Work to provide for his wife?(Apparently wives can't provide for themselves) So, in order to do this, he works away from home, from time to time. What a bastard! Why is the wife always blameless, and doesn't have to do a thing to help the marriage? She was lonely because hubby was away at work? Does that mean HE wasn't lonely? Did she ever mention her loneliness to him, and ask him to stay home? Did she do ANYTHING to help her marriage? Or is helping the marriage the sole responsibility of husbands?

A lot of commenters are saying how glad they were that Sarah didn't cheat. OF COURSE SHE CHEATED! Just because she didn't fuck her boyfriend(and that is exactly what he was to her), doesn't mean she didn't cheat. She repeatedly put another man before her husband, behind his back, while he was busting his ass to make a living for them. Why did she go out with Paul and co every week, yet not once invite her husband? Why did she NEVER tell her husband about Paul? Why was he under the assumption that those were girl's nights out ? Why did she lose weight to make herself more attractive? It certainly wasn't for her husband, or else she would have mentioned it! Even if hubby was clueless, and didn't notice ,she would have dropped hints, and fished for compliments, and become angry at him for not noticing. SHE kept it secret! Why did she buy sexy, revealing dresses that her husband never got to see, yet she wore them especially for Paul. This wasn't letting off steam from work, she was going home and making herself sexy for her dates. Why was she regularly dancing with Paul, and ONLY Paul? Was she reserving herself for him? She danced slow dances with a man not her husband, and regularly allowed him to grope and feel her. Why was he the one getting intimate, tender goodnight kisses? Were ALL her friends and acquaintances getting these kisses, or were they reserved solely for Paul? When she went to that party with her husband, she left him alone, to hang out with her buddys, and it was very telling in the way way Pual became angry when she refused him a second dance because her husband was there. Obviously Paul was accustomed to much more! The MOST telling thing was when her husband became jealous, and Paul tried to keep her husband away from her, SHE allowed him to do it,without objection! She only objected when her husband insisted they go home! She defended Paul, and ignored her husband. When her hubby defended himself, ALL her concern was for Paul! And she STILL refused to hear husbands side of it! She only relented when she realized that hubby was leaving without her, and there was the possibility of an impending divorce!

As I said, just because she hadn't gotten around to fucking Paul (and she was definitely heading that way, AND she knew it), doesn't mean she didn't cheat. Sex is just the final, and ultimate betrayal in cheating, but it's not the only act of cheating. She did just about everything else! NOT a happy ending!

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Not jealousy, zealously!

I really enjoyed this, especially your analogy of a marriage as a garden; but Dutch was not a jealous man. He was zealous, which every good husband should be. It isn't easy to perceive the difference between the two because often the only difference is the motivation for the actions taken. Zeal will always be motivated by love; whereas, jealousy is an expression of hate. The bystander looking on, will most likely assume the guy attacking the guy wanting to dance with his date is a jealous jerk. He cannot see the difference between a possesive asshole and the loving husband protecting his marriage. I can't emphasize enough, how important it is to understand this. The character Paul in this story is an evil man and as such his intent is to destroy good. The good here being the love Dutch and Susan share. The world abounds with Pauls, and they all want to ruin your marriage. Don't let them get a shot at yours because you don't want anyone to think you are a jealous jerk. Be zealous; and defend your marriage!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Warm and fuzzy ending, but she was lying or stupid.

So she's dancing, drinking, and partying with the notorious (remember his friends comments) company pussy hound, and she claims she doesn't realize she's being seduced? His friends thought he was going to nail her at the Christmas party, so there must have been an obvious run-up between the two of them. And what is she doing out partying with the people she works with all day, instead of spending the evening with her kids, whom she only sees after she gets off work? He caught her in the nick of time, this time.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
krosis666 (06/10/14)

You said it all better than I could, but these things stood out to me while reading this story. A marriage is both a contract and a covenant. Husband was negligent a little; wife was purposeful in violating it. We all get a little negligent sometimes, but there is never an excuse for doing it on purpose.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
IT ALWAYS BOILS DOWN

to lack of growth together. TK U MLJLV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

a great tale with a great moral. Five stars.

Tux_No_TieTux_No_Tieabout 9 years ago
Applause! Applause! JackJ

Jack Straw.. well done.. I love a roller coaster ride.. and you provided some nice dips and surprises.

About the time I thought Dutch's jealousy temper would cause him to blow it at the Dance hall is first night back.Then when Paul dropped off Dutch's wife at her car.. I thought damn woman .. keep your panties on. I loved his actions when he talked to his wife, realized his own short comings and made amends to reinvigorating their marriage. The party as another "oh crap", Dutch is going to blow it.. but he walked away from Paul after the smoke. then another coaster drop when he punched Paul.. and then blew it with telling is wife what he saw the first night home.. I was so pissed that he could not keep his trap shut.. had to show his jealousy and sneaking around on his wife. But after he hit paul,,, I was in hopes he would save himself by telling her what he heard.. and off he goes half cocked and going to run.. you did well in the wrapup. Like your taste in writing.. Will read more.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
don't know if i already commented

If I had then bear with me if you will. First, he was right to step up or lose. He was neglecting home front and had, and I stress this, had partially opened a door. She however is far from lack of blame. They were both at fault to a degree, but, she had disrespected him by talking and spending time with a man other than her spouse. I don't care how bad it is, there is no reason for her to talk about her marital problems with another man friendship or not. She could have talked with her girlfriends about some of this stuff. He also should have been taking more of an interest in her and his family, and to that end he got the wake-up he needed. She knew she was wrong when she saw him home early. It looked as if she was mending her ways but no mention of whether the outings had stopped or not. If not then she should have separated from him at the least. I enjoy reconcilliation stories as much as the next guy. And the ending does seem sincere on her part. But just a few holes there from this being a great story instead of just a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Krosis666 and his wife live in a cave in Afghanistan, he keeps her on a short lead but she still manages to creep away most nights and fuck other men while he is reading stories on literotica and getting confused by them.

she comes home and he does not even realise he is getting cream pies.

As for the story, very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Okay story with a fairy tale ending.

But I think he was too late when he saw her at the dance club. I think she was already sleeping with Paul and that they put on a show for her husbands benefit so that she could throw him off the track. She's cheating and he's too big a fool to catch them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A cluck in the dark!

If I caught my wife kissing another man on the mouth in a night club parking lot, I would dump her in a minute. There is no excuse for disrespecting a spouse. If there are martial problems, they should be discussed. It is amazing how so many writers create these characters that have no communicating skills. I'm sure she would have cheated, if she had not been caught. When I was a kid, I overheard a guy trying to get a kiss from a married women. She told him she did not kiss anyone but her husband. I always remembered that, and made sure my wife knew that this was a deal breaker before we got married. I think a lot of people confuse jealousy with handling your business.

rick_ohrick_ohover 8 years ago
The best line in the story:

"Does the caveman think he's going to get some pussy, now that he's vanquished his mighty foe?"

Good character development, and handling of events.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5*

Good one.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Jealous

WELL why was there EVER ANY REASON to be jealous. SHE CHEATED in her mind so her cunt was wet as ANY cheater. dump the slut WIMP!

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
Wake up call

First thing dutch should have called her cell to let her know he was coming home early. Secondly the wife should have been checking phone for missed calls due to having two kids at home alone. Third once he found her at first club he should have cut in on slower song and held her tight, to make her feel special. Fourth a spouse making regular drinking trips with coworkers without spouses isn't good. I'm glad he finally stood up and took a stand for family.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous