All Comments on 'Jocks & Cheerleaders Ch. 01'

by steamoil

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
needs serious work

The author needs to revamp and do some correcting of terms that are of localized ism's form. Things like "maths" isn't good and improper as it's just "math" also look for terms that have just local meaning only not known elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Oh 'serious work' anon

you'd better get yourself some education. 'Maths' is the universally - well, maybe without that small area of the world called the US of A - accepted shortening of MATHEMATICS (notice the plural 's'!).

The only 'ism' that is in this story is the word 'chauvinism', and as we can see from your own comment, this is NOT an attitude confined to small, local areas. It is - again - a universally - this time explicitly NOT excluding the US of A - found attitude, especially among badly-educated, over-confident males, who think their small horizon constitutes the WORLD.

I hope you can understand the difficult words.

fosdadfosdadover 13 years ago
don't let the other comments bug you too much!

I realize some people may have been put off by the maths part, but you have the beginnings of a nice sweet story here. There are a few parts that could use some polishing, but hey, you had the nerve to publish! Keep it going and find a good proofreader for the polishing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous