All Comments on 'Jogging Memories Ch. 08'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Where did that ending come from?

Introducing characters in a final chapter???

Awful.

Delete this and start over.

gravyruggravyrugabout 7 years ago
Could be better

The big reveal was clunky and confusing, and could've been (probably should've) a separate chapter, with Tommy telling the story. It felt like you were tired of writing and wanted to get to the happy ending bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What the hell happened

I have been riveted to this story, waiting each day for the next chapter, then on the final chapter we get an epilogue that left me wondering if I had inadvertently opened another story. I am so glad that I wasn't the only one left confused. How did Tommy/Bob and his first wife manage to get back together? he was whisked away from the BBQ and refused visitors, How did Emma find out about Richard and Jennifer. I know Tommy/Bob said my memory has come back and some changes need to be made and that was it.

Dubby49Dubby49about 6 years ago

The three previous commenters have said it all. New characters introduced to pair off all the characters.

BTW awards in the Royal Victorian order are given for personal services to the Crown. A knighthood, if any, would be of the Order of the British Empire. Unlikely for a junior diplomat to be knighted.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 5 years ago
Just read this whole series again!

A really good entertainig read!!!!!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Not a very good ending to a very good story. A lot of unanswered questions and unsatisfying pay-offs. Why did Tommy/Bob reset to right before he left as Tommy when there was no real trauma involved? Yes there was a tragic event but he choose to leave, seems odd that would be his memory "save point". Nothing really done satisfying with the ex-wife and Richard despite them both being a big part of the story, she barely had any follow-up and Richard just had his wife leave him that he didn't seem all that in love with, little consequences for their cheating behavior or his killing of Emma's baby. Tommy getting back with his ex ex wife seemed out of left field, he left her after murdering a girl and then they just got back together happy, it felt like a happy ending he did not deserve and one she wouldn't want knowing what he did. Them getting back together had no build up either, it might have been more believable if Sally had been visiting him while he was in prison. And the murder of the girl, even accidental, definitely made Tommy/Bob far less likable. A terrible human being who got a girl killed and ran away from his supposed love of his life who became an equally terrible person who was willing to allow his wife to run around with some slimy guy he knew killed the guys wife's baby while trying to get into his wife's pants. 4s and 5s for the rest of the story, 3 for this part and I was tempted to score it lower.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wtf? Isn't Sally married? How could she be with Tommy?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

That's a shame. Good story, just got very confusing in last chapter, almost like there should have been more chapters in between.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow. Talk about failing to stick the landing. Yes it was telegraphed for a while that Sally is his one true love and they would reunite. Ok. But there is little to no closure on anything else. The epilog is a misfire. Read like a totally different story. The author built up these amazing complex characters and then ends it with inane side chatter. Yes he went to prison. Got it. He confused and admitted his crime. But didn't Sally need to understand more why he ran away? What he thought was a sacrifice for his family? And yet she says nothing, since surely she felt abandoned. And Jennifer's other affair with the teacher from two years ago came out of nowhere. Explains his reduced libido and his new resolve to jsut wait til thr kids are involved. He coukd probably forgive the first time, since his wife was drugged, but he does nothing yo Richard? Yeah he keeps his enemy closer, for all the good it did him when he got blindsided by their second act. Early on we were led to some empathy for Jennifer with first a really bad mistake and a drugging (that she didn't know about till later) and then supposedly ten years of dielity, except rug pull, she wasn't faithful. She screwed the teacher she met at PTA meetings. Huh? Who else did she have sex with? Any emoathybfornher and a husband who refused touch her for over a year was summarily smashed and shredded learning she had other affair(s). Really? No discussion of this? It just happens off page? And now she is seeing a dentist she used to work for? She was probably screwing him too. Any empathy the reader may have had for Jennifer is casually expunged and simplifies his path to Sally. Was that even necessary? With his new personality, he couldd have easily just confessed to Jennifer that he did not lover her like he did Sally. Sorry I am a different person now. Bob is dead. I am Tommy. But nope. The additional reveals of another affair. Hoe many more. Seriously after being a major character in the beginning, Jennifer becomes an afterthought. Brick gets more dialog time than Jennifer after the midway point. Therr were many holes and missed opportunities at the end..the first few chapters were in some ways brilliant. But then completely missed thr landing on the dismount. Sigh.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
975 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES