All Comments on 'Join in the Dance'

by Nameless_Rose

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
sharkandpensharkandpenover 13 years ago
Thanks for posting

I am not sure about her motivations for going to the club-- yes, "normal" people go clubbing, but usually for dancing (without lots of practice, she couldn't dance in the shoes, and I don't get the feeling she wears them a lot), and usually with groups of friends-- so I was intrigued as to why she kept going back dressed in revealing clothes (and if she had looked around I have the feeling she would have seen a lot of club goers more covered up that she is) only to scare away the men who approach her? Kind of a weird thing to do, particularly for the victim of an assault.

I am happy that I do have a lot of questions about the character, I like having questions after I've read something. Has she had any boyfriends? Boyfriends she's refused to go further with, been on any real dates or has she just been waiting to have sex for the first time in the private room of a club with a stranger? I really am very intrigued with this character (hats off to you, for the good writing) because she's a bit of a weirdo.

I don't want to give the impression I did not like the writing or the story, I did. I just didn't like the main character much, and that's okay. I think some of the best stories are about characters who are naive, or strange, or unapologetically rude-- we certainly aren't supposed to love everything about these types of characters. I'm not sure that you intended for her to be anything less than likable and nervous and sweet, but I don't think that matters much.

I am also impressed you were able to maintain present tense, I think it's one of the more difficult tenses.

Thanks for posting

hopkinscmhopkinscmover 13 years ago
Although Interesting...

I don't think this story belongs in the Romance Category. I've commented on this before. Romance is more than just sex, it the story of how two people fall in love and with the end result that you hope they stay together forever. This story might have been better off in First Time or even Erotic Couplings. It was a good story, well written but I'm just not sure it belonged here. Thanks for the read though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Delightful!

This is one of those few, surprising stories that are well written, well conceived, very sexy but much more. Nicely, nicely done.

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
Excellent story superly written

This story is nothing short of fantastic. It deals with more than just two horny sex-crazed characters but a legitimately frightened young lady with the caring hands of a chivalrous gentleman. The story is deep and erotic at the same time. The author presents us with Sophie's troubled point of view in her plight to be normal after repeated attempts at socializing at the dance club. The author presented a strong anatomy of Sophie's damaged emotions and total lack of trust and inhibitions. He shows Andre as a chivalrous prince with soft compassion and dating to comfort Sophie in her plight to be normal again. The interactions masterfully homogenized with erotic sex and the flowering of a young ladies self concept to great relief of the readers especially this one. Thank you author for your genius.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous