All Comments on 'Joy on Stage Part Ch. 03'

by OzEliot

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really well written

Enjoyed this story, even though I never read the first parts. You do a great job writing believable and entrancing dialogue.

gamemaster2787gamemaster2787almost 10 years ago
Not my cup of tea

Sadly I did not like this story... mostly content wise. It is written well, but content wise I did not enjoy it. She seemed almost too willing to do whatever was necessary to get the role and then keep it... I could never date an actress like this. She'd be giving up too much of herself to get a role. Cutting her hair deciding she's okay with being naked. She did them and it didn't feel like she was she at the end. I'm not sure if what I've said has made an sense... Anyhow well written but content wise not my cup of tea.

BigBeanieBigBeaniealmost 10 years ago
Kind of drifted away at the end.

The writing is good. The plot started out promising, but then faded towards the end. I see now why the first two episodes included so much about the flat-mates, but what we're left with is a story in the exhibitionist category where the major erotic scene is a threesome, not exhibitionist-driven. Maybe it would have done better in a different category.

I had the slight sense the author had got bored / stuck with it and just wanted to finish it off.

I didn't like the way the show had been advertised in a porn mag and so upset Chelsea at the end of chapter 2 was just ignored in this episode. As if it never happened. Why write the scene to ignore it afterwards?

I'll definitely give this authors next story a good read. There's lots of promise here. I think you need to pay more attention to the main story you're trying to tell. Yes, you need background detail to make the characters come alive, but too much and the main story can get lost in all the background.

OzEliotOzEliotalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Too bad it doesn't please everyone, but thanks...

It's disappointing when readers feel disappointed, and to anyone who does, all I can say is that I wrote the story that I intended to write. What I find mentally engaging and, yeah, hot.

Shaping expectations too specifically and then meeting them makes for boring writing, as I see it. I try not to do that. I try to write a sexy story with enough plausibility to make it feel like it could happen. I think some people found this story exactly what they wanted, maybe they just didn't bother to comment. There are hundreds of readers out there and every one probably has a different expectation. Meeting them all would be impossible.

I feel that the story is ultimately about Chelsea growing as a person. Does she make mistakes? No doubt she does. I don't believe that, in the end, she would consider appearing nude in a play one of them. Actors and actresses exploit their bodies all the time for their work. Many of them are in ways we find socially acceptable, others make people uncomfortable. They can't satisfy every expectation either, so they seek to do what they are comfortable with, and sometimes they push their own limits. I admire anyone like Chelsea who can do something that challenges their character.

An actor cutting his hair for a role, even in an extreme way, or appearing nude in a production would hardly be dooming herself or himself or giving up too much. More likely, they would be more comfortable with it than Chelsea. Part of the appeal of exhibitionism, to me, is reluctant acceptance.

Again, thanks for the time to read and comment, and I hope a difference of opinion is understandable.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

Your story grabbed me from the very beginning. I had to remind myself when I finished it was in the exhibition category. It ended up, for me, being a story of a young womans growth and reaching for something she wanted. With nudity and some damn hot sex thrown in ;-). Excellent job all the way around.

bozorinobozorinoover 8 years ago
Great Writing

I would simply disregard all of the negative comments. The entire story hangs together well, and sounds almost real. It's amazing that some people expect every story to be personally written just for them. I like the depth of characterization for the various people and that it was not all boringly predictable like too many stories.

This is one of the finest stories, even if not the topmost erotic, because it's simply another component of a really good story.

This means that this story would do well anywhere, not just at Literotica -which is something that cannot be said about most stories here.

Thanks for a great story !

OzEliotOzEliotabout 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the encouragement

Bozorino, thanks very much for taking the time to praise what I've written. It helps keep me going when people think what I've written is worth reading.

JeanCFNMJeanCFNMover 4 years ago
Very late to the comments but

We thought the whole thing was a good read. so many stories are just wham, bam and thank you maam but this had a real story line which held together well. The sex was good and there was some comedy.

It also described feelings and intimacy.

GiuliaNapoliGiuliaNapoliover 3 years ago
A Truly Great Story

This story taught the reader about a different play of emotions, a different evolution of thinking, and did it within the context of a great story line of angst, self-discovery, searching for meaning in work and life, and the reaction of young people to the vicissitudes of life and relationships. I don't see how a reader could ask for more. OzEliot, you have my praise, gratitude, and cheerleading for this wonderful story, its exploration of visceral, tough, raw emotions and reactions. I realize I've only discovered this some years later, but I hope you're inspired to give us more of your talent, insights, and fine writing. Thank you for your art. Some of us get it. Some of us appreciate it so much.

MFFMMFFMover 3 years ago
We want more!!

All three parts were well written, and like any good story, leaves the reader wanting more.

I’d like to know how Vaughn felt while sharing the view of the underside of Chelsea’s crotch with the rest of the audience when she tipped her ass up. How did he handle the news when she told him she had just fucked her two roommates as well as her co-star? What were his feelings of jealousy? If I remember correctly, this was his first view of his new girlfriend naked, which makes it all the more poignant.

About Chelsea herself: it’s always refreshing to read, even in fiction, about a woman who takes life on her own terms, but I’d like to know more about her feelings. In the story you wrote that she was concerned about her clitoris becoming visible to the audience and about them seeing her fluids running down her leg. (Maybe you could write a sequel where she discusses, after the fact, what her feelings were. You could structure it as an interview with the local arts paper.) Did her clitoris make an appearance?, if so, what were her thoughts about that? Did her boyfriend tell her later that he was jealous? … or that he saw fluid running down her leg? …or that he could smell her sex from the front row? How vulnerable did she feel when her underside was exposed to the audience?

Was there a cast party after the final performance, and, if so, did she attend it nude? Did her family ever see a performance, and if so, how did she feel about it?

Maybe a separate story, written from Rosemary’s point of view, would be interesting.

I really like your writing style, and your attention to character development. Soon I’ll be reading your other stories, and watching for any follow-ups to “Joy on Stage”.

Good luck in your writing—-keep it up!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOzEliot@OzEliot
Longtime writer, longtime fan of "dirty" books. There's a reason normal people skip right to those parts, right? What's fantasy is fantasy, what's real is real. I'm a fiction writer. If it sounds like it's fantasy, it probably is. If it doesn't sound like it's fantasy... then...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES