Just a Number?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NRMathis
NRMathis
445 Followers

"Just my parents. They weren't thrilled."

He winced. "Sorry, man."

I shook my head. "I got off easy. They didn't disown me, they just didn't want to hear about it. Anyway, I had a few jobs working at restaurants around the country before coming here about six years ago. The rest is history."

Lance twirled the ice in his glass around with his straw.

"What about you?" I asked.

He didn't answer for a few seconds.

"I live with my dad and my twin sister, Sophie. My mom died when we were five and it's just been the three of us since then. Dad's a high school drop out and I just barely graduated, but Sophie actually has a future. Dad works construction and I took up being a waiter so we could pay for her college."

"It's not fair that your story is so much nobler than mine."

He laughed bitterly. "If you wanna swap, be my guest."

There was another pause.

"When did you find out you were gay?"

"I was a junior in high school when I realized that I had a legitimate crush on my best friend Frank. The problem was that he was both very taken and very straight."

"Did you ever tell him about it?"

"Never. It made me feel bad, since he was happy with his girlfriend. I was glad for them, but there was still a part of me that wanted them to break up, so I could have him. I sort of ended my friendship with Frank because of it. I don't think he ever knew why, but I'm pretty sure his girlfriend could tell."

"Did you reach out to him after you came out?"

"No way. He's still with that girl. They're probably gonna get married. It's better if I just move on."

It sounded more like he was running away, but I didn't say that.

"I told my family the news when I was seventeen. They've been accepting."

I could tell that the conversation put a damper on the mood, so I changed the subject to something else.

Lance was completely green. He'd never even gotten to first base with anybody before me. I wanted to be to him what Jacques was to me, a guide to show him the ropes and prepare him for the future. It wasn't pity that motivated me, though. I wanted him in a way I hadn't wanted a person in years. Still, I didn't think the relationship would last for too long, so I intended to make the most of it as it was happening.

We split the check and kissed goodbye before going back to our respective houses.

*****

We had been dating for about two weeks by Valentine's Day. We kissed a lot and he slept in my bed a few times, but we didn't do anything further. I didn't mind. I wanted to do more, but I already promised to let him set the pace.

I asked him what he wanted to do for Valentine's Day, since we both had the evening off. He asked me if I could make dinner for the two of us. A simple idea, but a good one.

I put my culinary skills to use and made us slow-roasted beef and garlic mashed potatoes. I even lit a few candles and set out some flowers. It was Valentine's, after all. No better time for romance.

We enjoyed ourselves. We ate and talked, but also spent a remarkable amount of time just looking at each other, getting pleasure just from being in the other's presence.

Once we were done with dinner the two of us made out on the couch. It was the kind of kissing where your hands go everywhere and you find yourself involuntarily thrusting your hips a bit. Both of us were fully erect. It was incredible, but I panicked when he started pulling away suddenly.

"Lance, is something wrong?"

He sat down and breathed heavily.

"Did I do something? Are you okay?"

He shook his head.

"I'm fine, it just felt like I was about to come in my pants."

I paused, then laughed.

"Why on earth did you stop, then?"

"I wanted to save it for later."

I sat down next to him. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and kissed his temple.

"Karl?"

"Yes, otter?"

"I want to take the next step. I want to see you naked."

I gave him another kiss. "Sure, just if I get to see you, too. It's only fair."

He nodded.

We got to my bedroom, and I had an idea.

"Lance, keep everything on, even your shoes. I'll go first."

He seemed surprised, but nodded.

I took off all my clothes until I was only in my underwear. Slowly, sensually, I removed my boxer briefs. I stood completely nude in front of him, minus the glasses.

His eyes widened as he took me in. "You're so beautiful."

I smiled. "Walk around me and take a look. You have my full consent to touch me however you want."

Clothed male, nude male is a game of trust, even submission. I wanted to show him that I was completely fine with exposing myself to him. I was happy to let him take charge and use my body if he wanted.

He walked around me a few times, just looking. His eyes kept going back to my cock, which was uncut, 7 inches, and thick. Eventually, he reached out and put his hand on my chest. I felt a jolt of electricity at the contact. He ran his fingers through my chest hair, rubbed my biceps, and teased my nipples. It wasn't long before I was rock hard and covered in goosebumps.

He got behind me.

"Your ass is perfect," he said breathily.

I grinned. I knew my bubble butt was my best feature. It was one of the reasons why I went to the gym regularly.

"Don't be shy, otter. Touch it."

He reached out and held my globes in his hands. When he kneaded and squeezed me, I couldn't suppress a moan.

"How is it, Lance?"

"It feels even better than it looks."

He hugged me from behind, making me feel the thick bulge in his pants.

"Take off my clothes, Karl. Make me feel good."

I turned around and gave him a kiss before doing as he asked. I took off every stitch of clothing, and when I removed his underwear, his erection snapped up and hit his belly. He moaned.

He had a great dick. It was 6 inches and circumcised. Maybe a little skinny, but it suited him perfectly. I stood back to look at my perfect little otter in all his glory.

"You're gorgeous."

I got on the bed and he climbed in, laying on me. I cuddled his naked body, petting him.

"I didn't expect to be this happy." He whispered.

There was a pause, and he took in a shaky breath.

"I'm so sorry. I think I'm gonna cry."

I replied instinctively.

"Cry, otter. I've got you."

He wept quietly as I held him. I didn't know I could have this effect on another person. I had deflowered virgins in the past, but not until now had one trusted me so much, made himself so vulnerable to me. I felt so honored that he let me do this to him.

Once he calmed down, I held his face and wiped his tears with my thumbs.

"What do you want?"

His beautiful brown eyes looked at me so trustingly.

"Please, touch me. Make me come."

In reply I kissed him deeply. I adjusted our positions so that he was on his back and I was laying next to him. I moved my kisses down to his neck and reached for his erection. It was dripping precome and I stroked it gently.

He moaned. I started lightly sucking on his neck, then nibbled his ear. It wasn't after more than two minutes before his breathing got strained.

"Karl...I can't last much longer..."

I kissed his jaw. "Don't hold back. Let it go."

A few seconds later he let out a cry and shot, white ropes painting is chest and covering my hand. I kissed him as he brought himself down.

"That was amazing. I'd never had an orgasm like that before." He looked down and saw my erection.

"I want to make you come, too."

I saw in his eyes that he was sure. I nodded. Using some of his own release as lubrication, he stroked me. I let out a hiss, indicating my pleasure.

After maybe a minute, he looked in my eyes.

"I want to taste it."

I kissed him, and he moved down to my cock. He licked the head, then moved up and down the shaft with his tongue.

"Oh, baby, that feels so good!"

He licked me before tentatively putting me in his mouth. He started moving, applying gentle suction.

"Fuck, that's nice." He added his hand and stroked what he couldn't take in his mouth. He knew the basics, and would only get better with experience.

My climax approached a few minutes later.

"Lance, I'm about to come. You can either pull off or take it in your mouth."

In answer he stayed on and moved faster.

I groaned, and came hard into his mouth. He swallowed as fast as he could, but still a bit fell out, dribbling on his chin. I wiped it with my thumb and took a taste.

We kissed a bit more, and I felt something poke me. I looked and saw that he was primed up and ready for another round.

"Lance, baby. Let me take care of that for you. Let an experienced cocksucker show you how it's done."

He nodded, eyes glazed with need.

I went down and sucked him. I pride myself on my oral abilities. As a youngster, I practiced until I could take ten inches down my throat, no problem. I used my skill to turn Lance into a whimpering puddle. I considered edging him, but since he was new at this, I decided to go easy on the kid. I quickly brought him up, and as a finale took his entire member in my throat and swallowed around his head. He screamed as he came. I pulled back, savoring his taste and drinking every drop.

Once he softened, I drew him in my arms.

He started crying again.

"I'm so sorry," he whimpered. "I've just been scared of sex for so long. Thank you for bearing with me."

I nuzzled him.

"It's okay, otter."

Once he calmed down again, he looked me right in the eye and kissed me.

"I...I think I've fallen for you, Karl."

I smiled. "I've been in love with you for months. Thanks for feeling the same way. That's the best Valentine's gift I could have asked for."

We embraced.

It was nighttime by now, and he had orgasmed twice. He was ready for some sleep. I kissed him on the nose.

"Get some rest, little otter. I need to do some stuff before I join you."

He nodded groggily and I got out of bed. By the time I had let Charlie out, brushed my teeth, and locked up, he was fast asleep. I climbed into bed and held him, not spooning like we normally did, but facing each other, his head against my chest. My lover in my arms, I followed him into oblivion.

*****

The next morning we had our first shower together. We kissed and groped and explored every inch of the other's body.

I had forgotten how nice it felt to have a lover, a partner. We just made each other feel good.

As he left he gave me a kiss.

"I love you, Karl."

"I love you, Lance."

I didn't have anywhere to be until the dinner shift, so I got on my couch and watched some TV. At around 10 AM I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. Curious, I picked up.

"Ye-lo,"

"Hello, am I speaking to Karl White?" A man's voice asked.

"Yeah. Who's calling?"

"I'm Paul Miller, Lance Miller's father."

Oh, shit.

"Oh, hey. Is something up with Lance?"

"No, I just wanted to talk to you about something."

Fuck me...

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I think it would be better if we met in person."

This man is going to murder you.

"Sure, how does lunch sound?"

What the hell is wrong with you?!?

"Great. Let's meet at The Varsity come noon."

Say no or your remains will never be found!

"Sure, I'll see you there."

"Gotcha."

I hung up, my inner voice absolutely going off on me.

*****

The Varsity is a fast-food chain with a famous restaurant in Atlanta. It was a common meal spot, and, thankfully, very public. Paul likely wouldn't just be able to blow my head off with a shotgun.

I waited, nervously picking at my food, for him to approach. I was hoping, praying, for two things: One, that he was older than me, and two, that he and I looked nothing alike.

I got half my wish. He was thinner, shorter, tanner, and didn't wear glasses. I knew that Lance didn't have a daddy complex, or even daddy issues, but me looking anything like his old man would have made things incredibly awkward for the both of us.

Alas, one of his first questions was how old I was, and when I honestly answered with "42," his eyebrows shot up.

"Damn, I'm only 39. He said you were older, but that's crazy."

I didn't have kids, but if I did, and I heard that a man older than me was plowing one of them, I'd probably have more colorful words in mind that crazy.

Thankfully, he didn't seem angry or distrustful. He acted polite, but not friendly. I was expecting to get the "stay the hell away from my baby boy" rant, but he clearly had something else in mind.

"You said you wanted to tell me something, but I've got a question first."

"Shoot."

"How'd you get my number?"

He gave me a wry look. "I politely asked Lance what your number was. Then he gave it to me."

Suddenly I felt like an asshole.

"Oh. Okay, carry on, then."

He took another bite of his burger.

"Lance was positively glowing when he came home today. I asked him about it and he said he's in love with you. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that you're the one he wants to give his virginity to."

Okay, maybe it wasn't too late for him to try to kill me.

"I want to make it clear that I don't disapprove of your relationship with my son. It's not ideal, but he's an adult and can make his own decisions. Besides, from the way he talks about you, I know you treat him very well."

There must be something in the genes of the Millers to make them offputtingly reasonable. It's really weird.

"I'm glad you think that, Mr. Miller."

"I absolutely refuse to hear a man older than me call me Mr. Miller. You'll call me Paul."

"Sorry, Paul."

He sighed.

"I told Lance that I wanted to get to know you. That's true, but I also wanted to tell you a few things."

"Like what?"

"It's about Lance. Promise me that you won't let on that you know them, and especially that you heard them from me. Let him tell you these things himself when he's ready."

"I promise."

He turned the straw he was holding over in his hands, like how his son would.

"When I met his mother, I was 18 and she was 34. She wasn't a cougar, we were just compatible. We loved each other. If you ever wondered why Lance is cool with dating somebody so much older than him, that's probably why."

I did some math in my head. If he was 39, that meant he was 20 when Lance and Sophie were born. They had been together for two years by then.

I smiled a little and nodded. "That does explain some things."

"The second one is a little touchier. Lance is legitimately afraid of sex, but I'm sure you knew that already."

"Yes,"

"There's a reason for that, too."

He drummed his fingers lightly against the table.

"When Lance and Sophie were fifteen, one of their friends was raped."

I'm very happy there wasn't any food or drink in my mouth, because I would have spit it out, probably in his face.

"How-how old—"

"She was fifteen, too. The son of a bitch got the book thrown at him, but the whole experience fucked her up. Fucked up Lance and Sophie, too."

I couldn't form words.

"Sophie is very careful, but I think she's past the initial terror and paranoia. Lance, on the other hand, still hasn't fully recovered. He's still scared by the concept of sex."

I remembered how emotional he became when I got intimate with him. Like his nervousness about losing his virginity, I just chalked it up to him being shy. I never would have guessed that there would be such a dark reason behind it.

"I'm not going to mince words. I don't really want to be friends with you. I don't want to be family with you, either, but we'll cross that bridge on the slim chance we ever get to it. I don't even want to imagine what you do to my son. You seem nice enough, but that's still my boy."

A little harsh, but fair, I suppose.

"Nonetheless, my son loves you and clearly trusts you. He wants you to be the person to prove to him that sex isn't scary. I won't stop things, but I'm just asking you to take care of him. He spends so much time trying to take care of others he neglects himself."

I nodded. "You can count on me, Paul."

He sighed. "I sure hope so."

*****

The two of us continued our relationship. I never indicated that I knew the things about him that his father told me, but I will admit that it made me look at him a little bit differently. He was afraid of the intimacy and vulnerability of sex because he knew first hand how it can be used to hurt another person. That was understandable, but he was obviously insecure about it.

I was careful to not make it like I was taking him under my wing. I wanted to show him the experiences, but I suspected that he'd feel like a pet project if I didn't play my cards right.

We dated, loved, and fooled around with each other. We got a little bolder, eating ass and fingering, but the idea of full-on, penetrative sex was never brought up. He would have to ask when he was ready.

We kept working together, and it just became accepted among our coworkers that we were dating. The girls and women who liked him weren't happy about that, but they didn't do anything about it.

Then we got a new employee.

Trent was a charmer, a good waiter, and beautiful. He was also an arrogant, meat-headed douchebag. I hated him in record time.

It was obvious that he saw himself as a gift to humanity. I won't deny he was attractive. He had good muscles, a charming face, and great hair that always seemed the perfect amount of messy. I'd probably think he was hot if he never opened his mouth. To be fair, he wasn't exactly rude, but he definitely acted like he was superior to everybody else.

He was also a rabid horndog who didn't discriminate. Often, he'd talk about past girls and boys he banged. Casual sex is fine, but he seemed to see his conquests as notches on his belt. Or maybe I was just biased and assuming malevolence where there was none. That very well could have been it, too.

He was a flirt, and could make the ladies swoon. There was a rumor going around that he took home some of the younger waitresses, but I couldn't confirm that. The customers loved him. He's be charming and funny, and they'd tip him well. Most of the things I disliked about him were pretty shallow, though, so my hatred seemed irrational and I kept it to myself.

That is, until he set his sights on Lance.

Trent would flirt with him shamelessly, and like when his female coworkers did the same thing, Lance let it happen. I think Trent was just used to all men and women throwing themselves at him once he expressed interest, though, because he was persistent. After maybe an entire week of hitting on Lance, he asked one of the waitresses about him in the area where the waiters go to pick up food.

"Does Lance have a girlfriend or something?"

"No, he's gay. He has a boyfriend."

He playfully snapped his finger "Rats. I was hoping to get a piece of him."

She laughed. "You're not the only one, but he's been going out with Karl for about a month now."

I froze.

"Carl, the host?"

"No Karl with a K, the chef guy with the glasses."

I quickly scanned my surroundings to determine if they could see me where I was standing. Thankfully, they couldn't.

"Are you serious? He's so old!"

"None of us get it, either, but they're definitely an item."

I was embarrassed, but I figured that it was a good thing. Trent wasn't exactly an upstanding guy, but he wouldn't keep trying to bed somebody who was taken.

I was right. The next day, he stopped trying to win over Lance. That's where the story with him probably would have ended if there wasn't a change in Lance, too. All of a sudden, he hated Trent as much as I did, maybe even more. Trent stopped talking to him, but Lance seemed to get pissed off just by looking at the guy. I asked him about it the next time we were alone.

"Trent came on to me the other night."

"Yeah, but he's been hitting on you for like a week."

NRMathis
NRMathis
445 Followers