All Comments on 'Just For Her'

by worthsqueezing

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
It embarrasses me--

It embarrasses me--

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow--this is amazing--

Just a little scared. Just enough--

I was scared and I liked it!

Then I was in a box-like room

filled with one huge rose--

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is curious--

"A couple of overstuffed leather armchairs and a functional glass coffee table were placed at the end of a hall, [around a bend that led nowhere but to stairs no one used. High windows let in the light, and thick carpet muffled the sound] ... "

The part I bracketed (sp?) is almost exactly like a mysterious section of "The Leopard" by -- I'd have to look up the spelling of his name, now.

It's not just the part that I put brackets around--but this whole quote. The glass, the end of the hall, "around a bend that led nowhere ... and a thick carpet that muffled the sound--"

I wrote about this to one person. If I can still find my nearly ruined--bought at--oh--a used book store--BUT I CAN FIND IT--THIS BOOK AT PRAIRIE LIGHTS--I DON'T HAVE TO FIND IT BROKEN AND RUINED IN THE BASEMENT!

I can call Prairie Lights and order it! A paperback ("paperback writer") from this store!

I'm going to do this now. And compare the above I quoted with "The Leopard."

Rabbit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is really adorable--

but I can't be imagining the echoes (sp?) of the section I quoted's relations to a part of "The Leopard"?

Who would I ask about this? Like, "Hey! Let me show you how parts of this story from "Lit." compares to sections from "The Leopard"!

And if I sent a copy of what I've written here to literary people, I'd just be thought of as "bad," or--worse. Why? I've studied literary analysis all my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I admire men when I believe they're--good.

Heroic--it's like "Casablanca"!

(They don't have to be sexually ""pure" or anything.)

I admire women I think are--

like women I'd like to be--but maybe just in my imagination--

I admit this is sexist--

I think women are subtle, cunning and (note that I omitted a comma after the last word before "and") sometimes deceptively dangerous.

I think if women are as fascinating as I've portrayed them, above, then--I need to--get up to speed? I don't think anyone thinks I'M "subtle, cunning and ... deceptively dangerous.")

It's called stealth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous