All Comments on 'Just Go With It'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Awesome story

ender2k2kender2k2kover 7 years ago

Your stories continue to impress. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dirks Bently

Reads like a music video

auguy86auguy86over 7 years agoAuthor
Was wondering if anyone would pick up on that...

You are correct, anonymous; Dierks Bentley's "Somewhere on a Beach" music video was the genesis of my inspiration for this story, certainly in the setting, rough outline, and the appearance of the characters. Only a so-so song, but fantastic music video. Give it a watch, if you guys feel so inclined! Thanks for everyone's readership and feedback!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Geez! You are so wordy!

So many unnecessary details. "I grabbed my luggage, extended the handle..." The only reason I stuck with it is because I don't have much of a life, other than reading Literotica and watching sports. Sigh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved the details

I liked the details - they made it easy to form a picture.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
nice romantic story

but I could not believe the super macho Carlos, the local with a bad reputation, who was 86ed after starting a bar brawl, would agree to a beach volleyball match to defend his honour and prove his manliness.

btw, whatever happened to his non-refundable hotel reservations?

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 7 years ago
Nice, enjoyable...

...and fun to read. Please more of these..

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 7 years ago
I envisioned Josh like this

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/187633/205303414/stock-photo-overweight-man-sitting-on-sofa-eating-bowl-of-fresh-fruit-205303414.jpg

auguy86auguy86over 7 years agoAuthor
The thing about Carlos is this

I forgot to add a short paragraph explaining that Carlos is also a well-known hustler in beach volleyball, and beating two Americans would usually be child's play for him, but for the fact that Derek was just a good as him and Josh could his own. Sorry that I missed that before submitting; I'll fix that on an edit. As for the non-refundable hotel reservations, Josh basically had to eat the cost of that, though I think he'd agree that it was money well spent.

googliciousgoogliciousover 7 years ago
Romance!

Dude, you wrote a true Romance, which is the category I love. I was just lucky enough to find it in a Top List and took a chance, as EC category is not a favorite for me. Please write another Romance (one guy, one girl and love for each other). and put it in Romance category. 5*

auguy86auguy86over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks googlicious

I did consider putting the story in the Romance category, but I felt it would get better exposure in Erotic Couplings, particularly for a contest. It nearly worked, too; I think I placed 4th or 5th in the Summer Lovin' Contest... not that I wrote it for that purpose. I had the inspiration for a romance like this, and the contest got me thinking that Cancun would be the perfect setting for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice story!

Nice story. Well done.

By way of feedback, just two observations. First, running into his best friend in a bar in another city was unrealistic. I think you could've finessed that a little, by having him know that Derek would be in also be in town for a gig and and looking him up, or they're having been there together sometime in the past, etc. I also thought Becky's immediate interest in him, based only on a minute's observation, was also a bit of a stretch, but I think that could've been managed by just adjusting that seen a little.

Again, nice job.

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 7 years ago
Great story

Maybee a little easy, but was fun reading and romantic.

Thanks.

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 7 years ago
Better Late than Never

I am a fan of your other stories and just happened to notice this one on your list. Great romance, even if its in the EC category. I was a bit disappointed when it seemed like it was just going to be a "summer fling" and all but applauded when it ended the way it did. One nitpick, does Becky have black hair or brown? Both were mentioned in the story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Was sweet and perfect good job!

LegallySaneLegallySaneover 3 years ago
Couldn't

get through half of page one. Gold digging bitch....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@LegallySane may not be

Could you go into a bit more detail about how you came to that conclusion? Because I just don't see it. About 1/3 of the way through page one, it says that "almost all the guys that typically approached [Rebecca] were ... tall, good-looking, [and] total assholes that cared nothing about the brain beneath her pretty face. ... [M]ost of the men there ... appeared to be cut from the same cloth. All except for one, however." This is a pretty clear indication that she wants someone who values her brain, not a typical thought from a gold-digger. In the next paragraph, she sees his face "showing a glimmer his true personality...." Again, not something a gold-digger usually cares about. In the following paragraph: "... [Josh is] certainly not the typical manly-man with rugged good looks, [but] Rebecca found herself attracted to him nonetheless." And in the paragraph after that, she thinks that Josh "really looks like a nice guy... awkward, but honest." All of this comes well before the halfway point of the first page; indeed, it comes in the first five paragraphs in which Rebecca appears. Then, just before the POV switches back to Josh, she promises Derek that she won't hurt Josh. According to my scroll bar, I'm not yet halfway through page one. Try it again, and pay a bit more attention this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, I echo the sentiments that it belonged in the romance category, but still enjoyed. Was sad that it ended when it did. Would love a continuation to Becky and Josh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent. Although it deserves a follow-up in lieu of an epilog. Thanks fir a great read!

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[24.07.22]

Anudder winnah my dude!

Sweet und Romantique!

11/10 Volley Balls!!!!!

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[02.08.22]

I didn't think about this the 1st time I read this story, buuut since they were in Mexico - couldn't you have forgone the whole making bacon for breakfast trope and gone with chorizo instead?

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Great story. Very satisfying ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...

SIMILAR Stories