All Comments on 'Just Talking in the Rain'

by HansTrimble

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Plain and simple

Just a sweet story. The contrast between the awful destruction of the storm and the comforting closeness of a loving relationship says something good about the human spirit.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 10 years ago
Outstanding

This was an excellent story. I can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My gosh

Proper English, a good background (I've been through a tornado. Took out a big box store to the slab.) and interesting characters.

The beginning was a bit abrupt, perhaps you meant that and we were to discover what we needed to know as we read further. It was off-putting at first.

Please write more as the muse strikes you.

Reindeer58Reindeer58over 9 years ago
Simple romance

Excellent tale of two caring people sharing a crisis and falling more deeply in love through it all. Nice development and conclusion, albeit a quick one. I gave it a five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Beautiful

A pity there is not a sixth star.

katibkatibalmost 5 years ago
What?

Oh my! By gum! Where'd this guy, this writer come from? What relief. Finally a gem in the often-surprising, fertile manure pile of Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Speaking of talking…real people don’t talk this way.

"Well, it's hard to tell. If they can leave the power on at the pole over on the corner, your service might not be interrupted. It just depends on how far back they have to go to isolate the wires that are down. But they're going to have thousands of people shut off all over the area, and that line where the pole went down just feeds your little cul de sac, half a dozen houses. So once they isolate those wires that are down, they might just concentrate on replacing poles in other places that will restore power to hundreds of customers at a clip, and leave this street alone for a couple of days. We can wait a bit to see what's happening, and of course if your power is left on, we'll be just fine. If it gets shut off and it looks like a long wait, we'll load your perishables into my car and take off for my house. I wouldn't want to try that trip now, but once the storm has passed and they have a half a day to clear the roads it ought to be smooth sailing. Might even be better than usual because there won't be a lot of traffic."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHansTrimble@HansTrimble
I'm an engineer, widowed, retired from the aircraft industry and loving every minute of my retirement! It's great being able to do what I want, when I want, the way I want. I've found it very relaxing to sit at the keyboard at night, when everything is quiet, and write wha...

SIMILAR Stories