All Comments on 'Justin Thyme Ch. 20'

by REGG60

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
martingeemartingeeover 9 years ago
Well Done

Well done for taking the leap to continue this story i look forward to more chapters please don't be in a hurry to conclude it.

BigChiefBigChiefover 9 years ago
House name

I had an idea for the name of the house: Thyme'N Place.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
thank you for keeping this tale alive

I very much like the story, and look forward to where you are taking it. Private feedback also sent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent....

So glad that you are carrying on this series as it is one of the best series on Literotica.

swr47swr47over 9 years ago
English Composition/Plot Details

The previous author had excellent English skills. You have mistakes in spelling, tenses, punctuation, and word usage scattered through out the piece. Proper language skills create a polished story that is a pleasure to read. Poor English makes the reader wonder why they bother. Most of the errors are easily corrected. Please edit and polish before you release chapter 21 to honor the previous author by writing at his level. The Thyme family includes a savy lawyer and a high dollar realtor. The issues of zoning and work permits would have been considered before buying the property. Having Justin put them on his list as being forgotten puts the whole project in question as a total write off. Worrying about them simply clutters the flow of the story.

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80over 9 years ago
needs work and editing

First I want to applaud your taking the time and effort to continue the work of another author. It takes a lot of courage, love and appreciation to take on another authors work. Now I warn you, prepare for a bashing. First off I have to let you know I was unable to complete your story. I may come back to it for further review. I noticed in what I did read numerous grammatical errors and a few spelling errors. A good editor will be able to help this, however, simply rereading, especially reading aloud will eliminate most grammatical errors. Make sure to read carefully and slowly and sound it out. Content, be careful when writing speech patterns, actions, interactions etc. If you want to stay true to the original story and author you need to consider careful how his characters would talk, act and interact. Examples, you used arse which is United Kingdom slang. Justin is not only American and Texan, but upper middle class educated Texan, which means he would use minimal slang in his speech patterns and certainly ass vs arse. Dad is not one to speak without thinking it through, literally does not have foot in mouth disease. Not that they would not have revealed the gold to Steph, it just would not have slipped out of dads mouth. There is more I could add just from what I read and what I haven't, but no need to get annoying about it. It's a longer process, but I suggest rereading the story and outlining each character. That would probably be a waste of time considering you've most likely thoroughly read and enjoyed the story so please reevaluate what you know about each character and adjust from there. I once again commend you for taking on the task of continuing another authors work. Brandon Sanderson did it when he took over for the passed Robert Jordan and his beloved Wheel of Time series. Most argue that he did a fantastic job while some believe he departed from the way the story was meant to be told. The same will happen here only more so. Take your time, evaluate carefully everything you write and consider does this sound like the previous chapters. Good luck and you have my respect and appreciation.

RecHikerRecHikerover 9 years ago
Thank you

First, I offer my condolences to the family of Callicious. In my humble opinion, he was one of the great authors here on Literotica. I've followed his Justin Thyme story from the beginning and have loved how he develioped the story line over the first 19 chapters.

Thank you for continuing the story, there were so many loose ends which needed to be finished. I won't repeat what has already been said, other than to encourage you to find an editor to help you bring chapter 21 up to the same standards of Callicious's writing. You have big shoes to fill and I hope you take the comments posted as positive criticism.

RecHiker

beau6beau6over 9 years ago
Thank You!

I'll echo remarks that have already been said by others.....thank you for continuing the saga of the Thyme Twins. Chapter 19 as the end was an unexpected surprise. Now I understand the original Author has passed and also offer my condolences to his family and friends. I also agree your writing style is definitely different than the original and a good editor can help you smooth out the rough edges with grammar, etc. I think it's ok not having the exact same style as the original Author since you are your own person. However, staying as close to the same story line will not only do justice to the characters the original Author intended, but give you an opportunity to put your own stamp on a wonderful story. Thanks again, and I look forward to your next chapter. Happy New Year!

billyjim55billyjim55over 9 years ago

As I woke and looked to right and brought up todays stories, I was elated to see chapter 20. Following from the start and have it listed and saved as one of my most favorite stories. Ii was sorry to hear about the death, nice of you to step in and continue a wonderful story. you did a wonderful job on it , ty/ I now have 3 great stories again to follow, rec's, fat-dads and justin thyme. being alone and totally disabled, you just dont know the joy it brings me to see new chapters come up for these 3 stories. I look forward to the next chapter of this continuing saga. / bill

celticwolf08celticwolf08over 9 years ago

I will echo some of what has already been said I'm glad to see the story continued, it needs some work with the assistance of an editor, and please take time to consider what Callicious would have done if he was the one writing. For example in previous chapters while either Steph or Rosemary was having sex with Justin the contact between the two remained non sexual and supportive. I think Callicious had went out of his way to keep it that way and with you having rosemary touching Steph's boobs during sex with Justin in my vision was sexual and imo something that Callicious would not have done. While I like the idea of three being a true Threesome I don't think that is where it was headed.

Simply put you have big shoes to fill Callicious was a top notch writer and I don't mean to discouage you just to give you pointers to remain true to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
EDIT, EDIT, EDIT!!!!!!

As nearly everyone has already stated, you need to edit your work. And the editor needs to have at least a high school education. This work has a good foundation, but was not ready for the public. You should have waited until February, allowing time for an editor to go through it with you and time for several re-writes.

swr47swr47over 9 years ago
Spellcheck

Spell check only compares spelling to the list programed. A word is often mis-spelled but still matches a spelling in the list. Common words are:

to too, taut taught, your you're. If two words sound alike, they are likely to be transposed by spell check. It can get even worse if you use a voice recognition program. In short you need to edit the story. It is better to have another person edit for you as your mind tends to see what you think you wrote and not notice some errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

love this story more chapters with less time between them please

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm happy to see that this story is being finished but sad because of the passing of Callicious. I like how this chapter went but I agree with what the others have said about you needing to find an editor and if possible one who is familiar with the series.

tomjohnstontomjohnstonover 9 years ago
Don't orry

Hey RGG60, Don't let these guys get you down. It's easy to be a critic when you don't have to answer to anyone. !! I'm glad someone picked up the baton and is running with it. Good Luck.

Moley78Moley78over 9 years ago

Good Chapter glad to see it is continuing, as I really enjoyed finding out what was happening. Yes a few mistakes but to be honest looked past them as I was enjoying the story. Keep it up and look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Callicious

Nice to see someone pick up the storyline. Like the others, I too think that you need an editor. Are you English by chance? Here in Arizona, where the story is based, we use the term ass, not arse, also your jumping between 1st 2nd and 3rd parties made me put the story down after about 1/2 of chapter 1.

Just my$.02 cents worth

tomscardstomscardsover 9 years ago
glad you are attempting this.

i am not going to mention editing and spellcheck. enough has been said. i believe that i must be willing to overlook some things for a decent story.

i was not aware of the previous writers passing.

you can tell that a different person is writing it, but the jist is there. and i feel that it will come around.

the only thing that was said that made easy sense for you is to have a proof reader. they will not see things the way you did, and will catch a lot of the minor mistakes.

looking forward to more chapters.

thanks,

Tom

ChasBChasBover 9 years ago
Looking Forward

I too was saddened to recently learn of the passing of Callicious. I am also happy someone is continuing the Thyme series. I agree with ironsoldier80 and others about the need for editing before publishing to clear up spelling, grammar, person and tense mistakes. There were spots where a semicolon, or even a period and capital letter would have made things clearer. Butt is another word for arse, by the way. Also, I too thought the hint of lesbianism was a bit off. The sex scene just seemed to stuck in there, and didn't really move the story along. REGG60, your style is your own, but I thought this chapter had much of the feel of Callicious work. Good. My big problem is that I didn't see the story GOING anywhere. Maybe you were just puttting your stamp on it before continuing - OK. I'm looking forward to future chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Re; Don't orry

TomJohnston, you have a lot of nerve with your comment about "Don't let these guys get you down" when you have horrible spelling in your own comment. I hope you don't write stories because yours would garner no votes on a spelling level.

That said, the critics are giving the author opinions and constructive criticism. The fact that you don't like it shows your maturity level. It's easy to be a critic of other critics when you have a maturity level of an amoeba.

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Thank you...thank you...thank you!

Thank you for "taking up the mantle" of this series...one of my VERY favorites ALONG with its author! He will most definitely be missed. I had both the privilege and sense of loss before he left us when he corresponded with me advising he would not be able to continue...so I am looking forward to this resumption of a unique and entertaining story. Your effort is good and most appreciated, but I do have to agree an editor/proofreader will make it better. Thanks, again!

XXMuffDiverXXXXMuffDiverXXover 9 years ago
Tough Shoes To Fill

First I offer my condolences to the Family of Callicious as I was unaware of his passing. His passing has left You with Huge Shoes to fill, so please take most of the criticisms to heart but also realize that it is tough to follow a legend and there will be stumbles along the way, so My applause to You for attempting the continuation of this wonderful story. I look forward to many more chapters with each one improving.

Thanks for your work in keeping this story alive

hpldwghpldwgover 9 years ago
Glad to see more of this story

It was great to see a 20th chapter of "Justin Thyme" when I checked out the website earlier today. Like all the other fans, I was disappointed when the series ended somewhat abruptly in July. However, it was VERY sad news to find out that Callicious had passed away. My sympathy is with his family and friends as they grieve his loss. I am delighted that Regg60 has taken on the work of moving the story forward. There's a lot still to be told, of course! I am not a writer, and I will not critique chapter 20. I'm certain that more of this terrific storyline will be enjoyed by all the fans, even if the writing style and syntax are not exactly the same as what we have been accustomed to. Regg60, good luck with this task! I'm pulling for you, and I will be watching eagerly for ch. 21!

singleotsingleotover 9 years ago
Can't read it.

It would be better if this story line died out than to see it butchered this way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You ruined it.

Callicious had a great story going. You may have good intentions, but you slaughtered the story. Have you heard of an editor? A lot of your mistakes could have been edited out. Spelling, punctuation, and grammar are important to writing a successful story. Please don't continue to destroy Callicious memory.

CalliciousCalliciousover 9 years ago
Please give Regg a chance!

It is very difficult stepping into the shoes of any predecessor no matter what the industry, craft, trade, or art. As a technical writer, not a novelist I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to try to pick up such a wide ranging story cold and try to carry on behind one who had such a following as my Dad did. I'm very grateful, and I know the family would be if they could wrap their minds around Dad as a writer of erotica, for the comments and emails from his readers. Dad is now gone, though, and one of his final comments to me before passing is he was disappointed not to learn how the story ended. He told me if someone wanted to take up the story as long as he followed the parameters Regg iterated at the beginning of his endeavor that I was to give my blessing and encouragement.

This will be the only time I will comment on Regg's writing in fairness to him. I don't want to be caught in a comparison mode, it would not be fair to Regg. Each writer has his own style. That even shows in technical manuals. All I ask is please give Regg a fair chance. Give him your fair evaluations, but please keep it in the vein of a critique rather than a comparison. I know Dad always appreciated those who took the time to help him write better. If you think Regg is missing on something please take the time to show him how to do it better, but don't discourage him from taking up such a challenge. Help him get the feel and encourage him to do his best rather than tearing him down over trifles. I wish him the very best

Son of Callicious

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Promising pick up

You have a promising start to picking up the thread from the original writer.

However, you need to work on spelling, grammar, punctuation and capturing the original writer's writing fluidity.

As far as story development, you are faithfully following the thread and wishes of the original author, just get an editor and if you need to take the time, take it to make the story as captivating at those of the original author. If you can do that, the fans will be clamoring for it the next chapter, just make sure you do not rush when the story is published if you do not have to.

JamesgivesloveJamesgivesloveover 9 years ago
Mixed Emotions !

First, I am truly sorry to hear of the passing of Callicious. I admired his writing very much and read all 19 chapters of "Justin Thyme". I even sent an e-mail asking about other stories he had written because I enjoyed his work so much. I offer my deepest sympathies,to his friends and family, for their loss. REGG60, I for one, think that you did a very good job with keeping with the spirit and tone of the story and I enjoyed chapter 20 very much and I am looking forward to reading future chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good but need proof reading

I enjoyed chapter 20, however I think it could have been better if the author took the time to proof read and correct spelling and grammatical errors,. Or had someone do it for him. I hope he continues this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sad and Glad

Do NOT rush, a little more description during sex scenes and a little less dialogue. Or just more description in between conversation. I felt like Justin wasn't even in that scene. My condolences on the original authors passing, I fell in love with his work. More in depth detail allows for the reader to create the world, the atmosphere, and the feelings better. Allowing for a more enjoyable reading experience. It is exciting being able to be a part of something so revered, so take your time. These are some very large shoes to fill, good luck.

Quadruple proof read everything for errors, misspellings, and flow quality. Possibly focusing on one characters point of view a little longer. With a little less first person character jumping. Experiment with third person views. Also to keep with a storytelling feel try: "such and such to the where and yes" said Justin "yes to the where and such and such" replied Justin's father/dad. Versus: Justin" such and such to the where and yes" Dad"yes to the where and such and such" (I apologize for the lack of actual dialogue, simply meant as an example for placement and paragraph flow)

I do hope that my criticism is constructive and helps with further writing development. Possibly if not embarrassed and you have someone who's judgement you trust. Have them read it over before posting/publishing. Start with paper and pencil, transferring finished product to computer. Prevents errors when you don't have to constantly scroll to re read and gain flow.

italianguy82italianguy82over 9 years ago

I'll try not to be biased, though it's not easy, having enjoyed Callicious' story. It's very difficult to reach the same level of the original story, but the impression I got from reading the story is that you hardly tried.

In the introduction, you're saying that you were able to release this chapter earlier than planned: well, please, next time use the spare time to read, re-read and read again the text, asking someone else to read it as well: spelling, spacing and punctuation mean a lot when reading a text, they should be used correctly in order to communicate the meaning.

Written and spoken language are different: when you listen, "their", "there", "they're" sound almost the same, but when you read, they're different. When you speak, you automatically have short/long pauses between two clauses: in written text, commas, colons and other punctuation should be used for that purpose; when I read a lot of consecutive words, I must read the same sentence twice or thrice, trying to understand where one clause ends and the next begins.

(This goes for technical manual and documentation as well, which I do as part of my job. I have it easier than you, because I don't need much imagination.)

Last remark, but this one is more a personal (style) opinion: when relating people's speech, you could choose something more "fanciful" than just writing the name of the speaker and then their speech between quotes. This style almost gave me the impression of reading a draft version of the text.

That being said, I'm happy you wanted to continue this story: I loved it, and I hope it will get better and better.

curiousvisitorcuriousvisitorover 9 years ago
please try way better

First of all, let me offer my condolences to the family, I loved all the stories Callicious wrote, and I dare say, he will be sadly missed by everyone who read anything from him.

I like the idea of someone taking up this story and continuing it, but please not on the level this attempt was.

Even Chapter 19 which I and many others complained about that it was a bit rushed was written a thousand times better than Chapter 20.

I am sure that while lots of us complained that Chapter 19 has too abruptly finished many story lines in one chapter, I am perfectly sure that no one had a complaint about the style of Chapter 19.

We now know the real reason behind it, however sad and tragic it is, and I am glad that Callicious could at least finish Chapter 19 as he wanted it.

Reading a Callicious story, you always wanted to read and enjoyed reading every line, not only the dialogs, as you learned more and more about the characters, their lines of thought, their feelings, why they said what they said.

I cannot help but say, that the writing style of Chapter 20 is simply dry, mediocre and to my mind ruins a so far wonderful story.

It is not only the huge amount of grammatical and spelling errors, the out-of-character phrases used.

Characters in Chapter 20 simply have no character, reading this chapter feels as if I was listening to actors learning their lines together, simply reading out the lines the first time. At least to me, there was simply no life, no feelings in the characters in this chapter. It felt simply a thrown together set of lines and events without any context.

Please try to improve (a lot), get an editor and provide a background to the dialogs and events, too.

If you are not willing to continue in the same quality as Callicious graced us with, please, do not continue. Do not ruin this story to us, please.

I think I say it in everyone's name, we would rather remember the beautiful work of Callicious even if some of us felt it incomplete, instead of having to think on how it was destroyed by someone who did not care about his legacy.

Also, please, don't take this as a personal attack, this is simply a long (and probably not complete) list of things you need to improve.

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope for all our sakes, that you heed our requests.

DRGRIFFINDRGRIFFINover 9 years ago
Well Done!

To the family of Callicious, my sincerest condolences for your loss. He was an incredible author and will be sorely missed. I have enjoyed everything he placed on this site.

To our new carrier of the Justin Thyme series, thank you for continuing the work started by Callicious. My only observation is that the writing should be run by an editor prior to publishing. There were a few mistakes, but not enough to detract from the storyline.

Again, well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Didn't Meet Expectations (Very hard to do)

The biggest thing I noticed about the passage is that it seemed rushed and unprofessional. The paragraphs didn't flow together and there was very little correct grammar. I would recommend at least showing it to other people and allowing them to proofread your works before publishing them. There is a reason it took Callicious so long to post new segments, that being the hard work put into them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just too rushed, and inconsiderate of the original author's work

This should have been properly edited, sanity-checked, and proof-read several times; by this author's own admission, it was brought out because he was impatient to get the ball rolling on the continuation, and that impatience shows in the sometimes slapdash approach and lack of care and continuity of style in presenting this continuation.

This author just doesn't seem to have the feel for the ebb, spin, and flow of the original story; while it shouldn't be slavishly aping the original author's style and mannerisms, it should at least echo and resonate with it, while also reflecting this author's own style and approach. That feel for the original story is just not apparent; too much of this author's own approach is seen here, swamping the narrative and effectively disconnecting it from the story it 's supposed to be continuing.

To be fair, comparing this author with Callicious would be invidious; he's not Callicious, he's someone else, attempting to take this great story through to it's proper conclusion, for which he should be commended. Having said that, however, I found myself uninvolved and too distracted by the numerous spelling and grammatical errors, and the sometimes inappropriate word-use, to ever settle comfortably into the narrative. A lot of improvement is needed, because as this stands, it's just not good enough.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 9 years ago
So sorry

To hear of Callicous's passing, such a great writer, I enjoyed his Justin Thyme stories so much.

I know it's hard to fill his shoes and I don't mean to be unkind but you didn't do very well, what you wrote was three pages of people talking to each other that was about as exciting as talking on the phone.

Not expecting a lot of sex filled pages but a little more action would have been good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sorry, but you really need an editor.

Your punctuation was poor. Too many sentences were run-ons that were missing commas and/or periods. I am sure others have pointed this out by now, as well as wrong words being used ('arouse' instead of 'arose', 'away' instead of 'a way' are just two examples). I have also read most of what Callicious wrote, and I do not recall any scene where the female characters interacted in even a minor sexual matter. In addition, with a lawyer and a realtor in the family, and the fact that they have already asked other girls to sign a tenant contract, I am sure they have already cleared any permitting problems (after all, at least a couple of the girls are supposed to move in before the begining of summer classes). Also, do not forget about the guy who is going to be running the electronics shop that Justin and Jim are opening in their new location -- a guy who has taken an interest in Rosemary (and Rosemary seems interested in him). I am sure that, if Callicious had carried this out, the two would have become involved in the future.

If you wish to continue this story, and honor Callicious, please get an editor, and remember to use U.S. terminology in your writing ('ass' not 'arse'). In addition. do not rush to publish.

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 9 years ago
I see promise...

Hearing of the passing of Callicious explained why he dropped the story, as well as saddening me greatly. He is one of my favorite authors, and I have read all his stories with great relish.

Taking on an author such as Callicious is an ominous task. Although I agree with the need for an editor! Your writing style is substantially different, but I think that there is promise with where the story is going.

Please continue the process.

Rapier875Rapier875over 9 years ago
A good start !

I wondered why Ch19 was so poor after a brilliant first Chaps 1-18, now we all know. Sorry to hear of his passing, he was a very good story teller.

Now, to Ch.20 ! A commendable beginning, I am thankful to you for taking this on, it is a great storyline, and you've made a good start in taking it over. The text flows well and I like the way you put a persons name at the beginning of their contribution, it does make it easier to follow the flow of conversation.

With so many threads to the story, it might take a while to move them all forward, but I'm sure you'll get that under control soon enough.

Keep at it, I am really pleased you are doing this, it will be good to see it continue.

Take it steady, get it proof read before publication, some of the errors are avoidable, they're more annoying than anything, so don't lose sleep over them.

Looking forward to seeing Ch21 very soon.

But in keeping the various threads moving forward, don't forget to spice it up with a reasonable smattering of sex here and there, there are so many possibilities with all the girl lodgers, let your imagination run wild as I'm sure you can!

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks REGG60 for ch 20

I was glad to see the new chapter of Justin Thyme. I started reading it with an open mind. Frankly I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised with the story line, but would have to agree with many of the other readers who took the time respond to your posting; you really need to either edit better yourself or get someone who is qualified to do the editing for you. I think it has been said at least once before, it is difficult to edit your own writing because you read what you are sure you meant even if it isn't what you typed. Please don't be afraid of taking the time required to get it right.

Thank-you for picking up this story and please try to keep the going in the direction callicious started off in, but don't forget to let your thoughts come through too.

Oh by the way, 'arse' works just fine for me for me and I'm not from the UK...cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awsome

your doing a great thing please don't stop the story .its not all about the sex its the love your conveying

DwinohDwinohover 9 years ago
Glad to see this story continue.

Great start! I am so glad to see this story continue. One comment though; please, please, please do not get Rosemary involved with anyone other than Justin and Stephanie. Their relationship is too special to spoil it with another man. Just saying'.

DwinohDwinohover 9 years ago
Stephanie and Rosemary

I have no problem with Stephanie and Rosemary becoming involved sexually. After all, they love each other, are involved with Justin in a three way relationship, so it only makes sense that at some point they become lovers also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Appreciated

It is greatly appreciated that you decided to take up "book 2." A couple suggestions though. Contact one of the editors that volunteer their services here on Lit. There are some errors that would be easily caught by a good proofread and the story is reading more like a movie script than a novel. The story is being told as an anecdote from Justin's perspective so it should be in the past tense with non-dialogue sentences giving indication as to who is speaking. Also, "arses" as an example, profanity was minimal as an excited utterance in the prior author's stories, not casual conversation pieces like you have in your story. And as nit-picky as it is, "arses" is not an American term used, especially in the Southwest. It's just an incongruity that is more annoying than a deal breaker for readers when you pick up someone else's story.

Now, I know I am "anonymous" but I would be registered and volunteer as an editor/proofreader if I had the time. Your new chapter shows great potential, keep it up just get some help. We all need it when it comes to writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great chapter

Hello Rgg60. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of callicious. I enjoyed the each of the chapters that were written. I'm happy to hear that you have received the permission to continue with the story. On that note I must say that you have done a great job in this chapter, I have taken a liking to all the characters involved in this story. I have laughed and cried and really felt for each of them. I must say that your first chapter into this story was no exception! I hope to read many more chapters in this story with you at the helm. Keep up the great work. If I had an account with the the site or I would be using it to write thisfor now, I thank you as a Canadian trucker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Vast improvement

Your self-editing has been good but you really need an outside set of eyes to read through your work. Just on case in point. When the Thymes and Stephanie are discussing plans for the house, Stephanie makes this statement: "but personally I don't think boyfriends should not be permitted to use the pool,". I'm sure you didn't intend for the double negative in this instance. I wish I had the time to help you but there are volunteer editors available. You really are doing a good job, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Keep it going

I like the story keep it going

TigersmanTigersmanover 9 years ago
Good story

You did a good job of taking up someone else's work. I enjoyed the story but one thing bothered me. You desperately need to find an editor or let someone close read your work before submitting it as you have way too many run-on sentences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice work

I love that you took over the story and hope that the next part is ready soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I hope the rewrite is better than the first attempt because I had all kind of problems with it. Attitudes of the characters, language of the characters, style of the writing, and the spelling mistakes. Much of it was not in keeping with the story line.

Justin was never concern with how much money was at his disposal. The amount of respect shown each character within the story has not been upheld and the swearing between characters is not inline with the original authors writing.

The use of the term of endearment "little one" is way over used throughout. In the 14 or 15 chapters that Micheal and Susie are a major focus of the story line. That term may have been used two or three times. Now within one chapter is is evoked over ten times; over used would be an understatement.

One other thing, Justin's main focus throughout the story started with Justin placing a bear in his sisters room and spying on them. Even though it took a minor role after chapter 6 or 7 it was brought back up as part of the last chapter and should be explored as a continued story line.

I could go on but will read the rewrite and then comment again. If it has not improved I would ask for you not to continue on and I would give it a two rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Keep it going

Are you going to keep this going or not I hope so if not you should let us know thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
plz dont leave it as cliffhanger :-(

Justin Thyme is one of the best stories I've ever read. I expected Ch. 21 comes in valentine's day, but unfortunately it didn't. U can spend at least 2 months before you submit, be patient, don't burn up and think what you want in the story. Don't spend too much time on other things.

Like others said you think need an editor or write better next time. (if there is too much error again then you need an editor)

And one thing. Never ever get Rosemary raped by Brian or someone else because i'm concerned it will happen someday and she's my favorite character.

Sorry if my English is bad and hope this helps:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
thx you

can truely appreciate that you restarted this series, i was left empty when the origiinal series had ended not knowing weather he was ever going to make another chapter. I am sad to here he had died, but am so happy that his memory will for ever live on in the continuation of this series. Make it your own without changing the iriginal. . PS: tell me when you release ch. 21 i hope it comes out soon and will go on hopefully untill justin proposes to steph at Michael and Susan's wedding

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love the fact that you are continuing the story

Thank you for keeping the story going. I look forward to reading more chapters that you write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Thank you for continuing the story and look forward to many more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks Alot

Thanks alot for taking over this story. Its been months now since you released this chapter. I hope you release the next one soon and remember that we really appreciate your work. Also remember thta that girl is suppose to be staying with them while they are fixing the house. Maybe you write this story all the way till they go to college.

DustyDevilDustyDevilabout 9 years ago
DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NAY-SAYERS!!!!

First of all you have done an excellent job of continuing the story thus far. Second as others have pointed out please do not leave us hanging in suspense for too much longer. I look forward to reading more sooner rather than later please. Thanks

Rllgn69Rllgn69about 9 years ago
Great Story

Great to see that you plan to continue this story. I hope you release additional chapters soon. Thanks again.

gasbrowngasbrownabout 9 years ago
story needs telling and finishing!

your rewrite was good please continue the story of justin thyme and his family and friends!

bluemtnsmanbluemtnsmanalmost 9 years ago
okay !

Good start with following the original author's style. The proof reading still leaves quite a bit to be desired though, mainly with run on sentences.

I do hope you will have another chapter submitted soon. This has become my favorite story here on Lit.

Peace always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
any more?

how soon can we expect more?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
More?

I sure do hope you plan to continue this wonderful story line, I was excited to see this new addition months ago and i check constantly hoping for the installment. Please don't leave us waiting too kuch longer

Rapier875Rapier875almost 9 years ago
Chapter 21 ?

It's been nearly 6 months since we saw chapter 20 appear, can you confirm that you are working on chapter 21 and when you expect it to be ready ?

I enjoyed your first chapter upon taking over the authorship of this story and really hope you will be continuing with it.

Thanks !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
more pls? :\

I hope you won't stop here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
hi

I hope next chapter is out soon

gasbrowngasbrownover 8 years ago
justin 21

your revised version is easier to read. i commend you for taking over the storyline and continuing the justin thyme saga. it really does need telling. so thank you for number 20 waiting for 21 22 23 24.....

CecepCecepover 8 years ago
Justin 21!!

Plz post new chapter, it's been 8 months!

Rapier875Rapier875over 8 years ago
Where is Chapter 21 ?

Even if it is not ready to publish yet, can you just confirm that there will more ?

But the waiting is just murder !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The End?

Writers like you piss me off. Write the story where the original author ended, get readers who take time to review and fave, then you promised to continue but blow them off and don't bother to let them know you're resuming the story or not. WTF was the point of writing it to begin with?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
JUSTIN THYME

Was very surprised to Fi d such a well written story on this site! If your not a writer you should be!

mazofrankmazofrankover 8 years ago
I like your writing, but...

Thank you so much for picking up on a wonderful story. I can tell you've put lots of work into it. I don't have the imagination or balls to attempt to fill another writer's shoes. That said, I do feel there's room for improvement. Please PROOF READ! I found so many small errors that could have been corrected easily, even from the first few paragraphs. Use more contractions. It would aide in the "flow of speech" style the original author intended. Lastly,be more slow and descriptive with plot points in the story, to keep with the original story style. I've tried to be constructive with my comment and don't intend any meanness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What happens now?

Where are u? Please come back. ;-(

Rapier875Rapier875over 7 years ago
What's happened to Chapter 21 ?

I was really pleased to find that you'd taken up the challenge to continue with this story, but it's now been two years since Chapter 20 appeared and there's no sign of the next instalment nor any word from you on when we can expect to to see it.

Please don't say that you've changed your mind and that one extra chapter is all we are going to get ?

Do let us know please what is going on !

oldpackoldpackabout 7 years ago
Regg60

You need to continue this series which you picked up from the late Callicious. It will take time for the flow to come together and forget about the idiots who are either lacking in talent or just to cowardly to take up the mantle to continue this story.

Please don't just write one chapter and then chuck it away because of idiots.

Clancy31015Clancy31015almost 7 years ago
Continuation?

This is a good story and when you continue a series from one Author, there should be a follow up story to the first story you write in the series continuation. Maybe write more chapters concerning this series, these characters were just starting up and should be continued, if not by the current author, then by someone else willing to carry the torch. I want to know what happens during their four years of college.

Clancy31015Clancy31015almost 7 years ago
?????

If REGG60 isn't going to continue this story series, why doesn't someone else take the story from Chapter 19 or 20 and rewrite chapter 20 to the best of their abilities and then continue it with further chapters, just as long as the person maintains the request made by the original author's family. This series is too good to kill off, maybe do what movies do and give alternate parts for Chapter 20 and continue on as far as possible while attracting new fans, maybe Fan Fiction would catch on in this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love the rewrite man

Please continue this great story and thanks for doing the character thing at the end. Loved also were the story is going.... Don't forget there is the girl that is supposed to be there while they are fixing the house, I believe?? Maybe she will have some fun with Justin?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for continuing one of my favorite stories. I await the next chapter!!!

keobanion0keobanion0about 5 years ago
When you narrate in the present tense...

...You lose me immediately.

It simply screams 'amateur'!

I would have loved to have seen a continuation of these characters and their adventures, but not in the ham-fisted way you chose to tell the story.

I didn't last three paragraphs....

cursrahcursrahover 4 years ago
good story

I found that this is real good and I hope you continue the story

WistfulSeniorWistfulSenioralmost 4 years ago
So Happy To See These Characters again

I am so happy to see these characters brought back to life again. You did well in carrying on with the conversational style and the details of daily life infused into the story. I did find the need of a spell and grammar check a bit distracting, but it did not detract from the enjoyment I got from seeing the story of these wonderful characters continued. I truly hope you continue to extend the lives of Justin, Rosemary, Stephanie and all the rest. Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I truly enjoyed your wrap up of the story i hope this finds you in good health and would continue the storey or find someone else to continue it if you can't.

houstonbeanerhoustonbeaneralmost 3 years ago

I like the rewrite. Hopefully you'll continue the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAUW ....

please continue with chapter 21 ?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Last chapter was lame

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous