All Comments on 'Justine'

by kurtknout

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great first half

The first half is great - the second unnecessary. The shackles story part does not fit the characters you build so interesting in the exposition. Simply cut it out and use it for another story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Poor

Promising start but you stretch the fantasy too far too quickly. You build up some interesting characters and sub plots then ditch them. The whole shackles thing is a joke and the rape uncessessary.

The exploration with the old man is a great thread so why ditch it. You know she's going to return.

You let all the students off of the hook too.

Very disappoinging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

It was good during the first half, and Professor Justine Jousse is a very interesting character. Loved the detail you put into describing her. Makes me wish she was my professor.

However, I'd have to agree with the other users with regards to the second half, as it fell flat compared to the first half. I didn't really mind the rape part, but the reference to slavery in America was unnecessary and detracted from the literature.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Undecided

I really don’t know how I feel about this, it’s full of holes for Justine to have been mistreated by the ‘bondage Dr.’ who appeared to have been running a legitimate business is plain weird. A discussion of limits and planning the scene should have happened. Or was he offended and just winged it?

The classes experiences were fascinating and I thought the story had amazing potential but then it spiralled out of control really fast. It was a very unexpected direction and lost its realism, I mean come on would she have been left alone in a classroom? The rape was predictable given she was alone and subsequent humiliation way over the top. Amy’s shibari uncle should’ve been done for rape but given the cultural implications it could possibly have been amended to him being shunned by family and community.

IMHO A fitting conclusion would’ve been, Amy got counselling and help, Jamal was messing around and produced the key after half an hour and flunked the class (he didn’t do the assignment after all). Finally Justine goes on to explore her sexuality with an experienced (but different Dom/Top), they bump into the bungling Dr at a party/club and he gets suitably snubbed.

So still a a bit of a loss on rating I finally opted for 4*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous