Karina The Sorceress Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tanuki
Tanuki
723 Followers

"Address him as Sir," said the guard in a matter-of-fact manner, as if impatient with a slow learner.

"I—I'm sorry, only one, Sir!"

The man gave me a very direct look. "Only one?"

Oh damn, I thought. Stupid me, how could one commit adultery sleeping only with your husband? I backpedaled quickly, "I mean . . . the other man . . . we were caught in the act, so I didn't actually . . . sleep with him. Sir."

The man nodded, accepting my story. "Very well then, on to your sentencing." He looked up at me with a deadly serious look. "Where you come from, female adultery may be . . . distasteful. But here, we look on it very seriously. You're aware of the punishment for female adultery in our district?"

I felt light headed. "Yes . . . yes sir!" I blurted. "I'm very sorry, I'll never do it again, I promise!" I couldn't think of what to say that would sound repentant. "Please, sir, I'll do anything, just tell me what I have to do . . ."

He looked at me for a moment, without much expression. "We carry out the sentence immediately, right up there on that platform," he said. I followed his arm to see a four foot high wooden stage, with rows of benches facing it.

"There?" I asked, incredulous, "before an audience?"

"Oh yes," nodded the man. "It draws quite a crowd, men in particular."

I paled. How could people watch such a thing? "Before an audience . . . you can't! How can you be so cruel?" They executed the poor women on stage, probably with a dull, rusty axe. I was trembling in fear by now.

He didn't seem to have much sympathy. "You should have thought of that before you committed a grave act. You deserve your punishment. Do you not?"

"Y-yes, sir," I stammered, trembling, unable to even protest. Perhaps my usual bravery was a falsehood, easily stripped from me just like my clothing. I could only shake my head, pleading for mercy.

The man was looking at me oddly, and his expression changed subtly. "There is . . . another way, should you choose it. . ." My head jerked up, my eyes wide. He was looking me up and down. I couldn't fathom why he was looking at me that way, but I didn't care.

"Yes, yes!" I babbled, "Please, sir, make an exception for me, I'm very sorry for my crime!"

"How sorry are you, adulteress?" he said, his arms crossed.

"Oh, very sorry, sir!" I wailed. "I'll do anything to show my repentance, please just let me show you!"

He gazed down at me for a few moments, then shook his head. "I can of course get you an alternate punishment, but . . . I don't see the requisite level of obedience in you."

"Oh no, sir," I protested. "I can be obedient, please, just tell me what I should do?"

He looked skeptical, but he gestured with his hand, in a side to side motion. "You kneel before a powerful man. You could do so properly, as a start."

Kneeling properly? It must be some local thing, it didn't matter, I was willing to learn. "Yes, sir, of course. Uhmm, how?"

"Country girls," the man sighed, exasperated. "Spread your ankles, so they are flat on the cushion, then spread your thighs, wide as you can."

I stifled my indignation, for he seemed rather serious, not simply a man enjoying tormenting some prisoner. Seeing a look in his eyes, I quickly obeyed, squatting down on my ankles, then I widened my thighs about a foot, blushing, for this I knew would expose my panties to his view.

"Wider," he commanded, his gaze now fixated down at my hips. "Wider still, and thrust your hips forward if you can . . . yes . . . that's better. Very good, you are very flexible."

It was humiliating, this position, with my thighs spread wide like a harlot, and my back was arched now as well, with my wrists still bound behind me.

"That's an interesting undergarment," said the man. "When you spread your thighs like that, it opens up like a flower petal." I think my whole body reddened, and I could feel the cool breeze flowing up between my thighs to caress my partially exposed womanhood. I shuddered.

The man smiled, which only increased my shame. It was a small price to pay for survival, I told myself. But still, it was difficult, being displayed before a strange man like this. At least he hadn't touched me.

"Your breasts are quite bountiful," he said. "See if you can stick out your chest a little more. Did you hear me? Don't make me ask you twice . . . that's it, good. Your nipples look quite engorged . . . does it arouse you to pose like this?"

"No!" I protested, knowing it wasn't what he wanted to hear, but unable to say yes to such a question. The guard to my left raised a hand to slap me again, and I cringed, blurting "no, sir!"

The well dressed man only chuckled, saying, "why don't you address me as 'master,' ay girl?"

"Yes . . . master," I managed, unable to look him in the eye while saying such a humiliating thing. "Why must I say such a thing?"

"Very well, it's the platform for you, shall I fetch the torturer."

I blanched, picturing a fat, half naked man with a huge axe. "No, please! I'll do as you ask . . . master!"

"Indeed," purred the man. "Perhaps I can spare you the platform after all."

"Yes!" I bubbled, "I mean . . . yes, master!"

"Can you not spread your lovely thighs a little wider? . . . . Yes, that's better, and arch your back, I find your firm lobes beckon to me, ripe for the picking . . . yes, beautiful, offer them to me, just like that. You are nothing but a lowly female, beautiful though you are. Display yourself like this and ponder the magnificent pleasures a man might grant you if you are dutifully obedient. Good, I want you to remember this pose, for you shall adopt it again when you are before the regional councilor. Understood? Very good."

My face burned as I willingly participated in my own degradation. Yet the fear of losing my head was a strong motivator. I could regain my dignity later, while I couldn't regain my head. And then I'd come back with my magic restored, to give them a little payback for the humiliations hoisted on me. At least it didn't seem that I'd have to 'service' anyone with my mouth. That was a fate no preferable to death.

"Ah, here he comes now," announced the man suddenly. "Keep that pose, don't move a muscle! Address him as your Honor!" My eyes followed his gaze. A man was striding toward us, a tall, older gentleman, dressed in fine clothing and wearing an important-looking hat. For a moment, I thought he was going to pass us by, but unfortunately he stopped right in front of me. He was looking at me with some interest, which made me blush with shame at my jutting breasts and widespread thighs.

The man spoke, his voice cultured and deep. "I am on a tight schedule. This is the adulteress, is that correct?"

"Yes, your honor," said the man, nodding toward me. "She has confessed to me."

The man ignored him, instead looking at me directly. "Subject, you may speak the truth. Has this man harmed you in any way?"

"No, your Honor," I answered.

"Has he touched you?"

"No, sir," I said. So that was why he hadn't touched me.

"Good. Now if this man has coerced you in any way into admitting guilt for a crime you didn't commit, you may speak to me without fear of reprisal."

I quickly shook my head, "No, your Honor, it is true, I am guilty, but I . . . he said I wouldn't have to be . . ."

"She'd like to throw her mercy on the court's judgment, your Honor, in hopes to avoid the block." said the man.

"I see," said the Councilor, raising an eyebrow. He looked skeptical.

"She's very . . . eager to please, your Honor, and as you can see, she's very beautiful. It would be a shame to send her to the block, when she is so eager to please." I felt a surge of pride at the word 'beautiful.' My vanity was immune to even the most deadly of circumstances, it seemed.

"I don't know," said the Councilor impatiently. "I'm of the opinion that adulterers should receive the appropriate sentence."

My mouth fell open. "No, please, your Honor," I begged, a tear forming on my cheek as I strained toward him. "Please don't do that to me, I swear, I'll be good, I'll never break the law again!"

The Councilor looked at me, his eyes wandering down my body, before returning to my face, eager for his reply. Finally he nodded. "Very well, you agree to Councilor's judgment in lieu of sentencing?"

I wasn't sure what that meant, but the man next to him nodded to me encouragingly. "Yes, I agree, thank you, Councilor!"

I watched as he scribbled something on a large pad he carried, then he looked up. "Very well, the sentence is three months of full, unrestricted service, after which you will choose whether to remain in servitude, or take your freedom. I would normally encourage females to take their freedom, but from the looks of you, you've already made your choice. Good then, I remand you to the custody of the manager of the Dusty Shield Inn. Good day." Then he walked away, leaving me with the other man.

Relief flooded through me. I'd escaped the executioner's axe, with 3 months . . . of what, jail? Custody of the inn? No matter, whatever he'd meant wouldn't matter much, since I planned to escape once my magic returned. I realized I should ask the Councilor what exactly was my sentence, but he had already walked away.

"That went well, I was worried there for a second," said the man. "I was hoping for six months, but at least it's unrestricted. Most females get 3 months of restricted service. That's not very useful to me."

He was hoping for a longer sentence? "What do you mean?" I asked.

He looked at me. "You seem to have forgotten your manners, girl."

My eyes widened in surprise. Was that obedience thing still necessary, now that I'd gotten off? But I shouldn't complain too much, this man had probably just saved my life.

"I'm sorry, sir," I said, "but could you please explain to me what's going on? What is my three months sentence? And why were you hoping for six?"

The man was looking at me strangely. "You mean you have no idea what sentence you just bargained for?"

I swallowed heavily, an ominous pit in my stomach. "No, I . . . I just didn't want to be executed for adultery," I said.

His eyebrows narrowed when I said that, and he looked at me strangely. Finally, he laughed, a loud, bellowing laugh. "I'll be damned," he exclaimed. "I was wondering why you were so eager. Executed?" said the man, laughing even louder. "Who executes women for adultery? You were to be given the standard 20 lashes on the block, same as all adulterers. And the women don't even get the real whip. Splendid! I guess it's true what they say about dark haired females!"

My head was spinning. "What are you talking about, 20 lashes? The punishment is execution. Isn't it?" The man and the two guards all shook their heads, the lot of them smiling at my ignorance.

"No, of course not. The punishment for adultery is 20 lashes, up there on the punishment block."

I couldn't believe what had just happened. "So, what did you get me," I demanded, "what is . . . unrestricted service?"

The man smiled, reaching up with one hand to touch my breast. I recoiled from his touch. As domineering as he'd been, he hadn't touched me before, and I didn't miss the distinction. "You are to be auctioned off, to serve a three month sentence as an unrestricted pleasure slave. Meaning you are like any other pleasure slave, no protections save your master's mercy. At least for 3 months."

"W-what?" I squeaked, my voice cracking.

"Usually he gives a month of restricted service, in which the women work as maids, or house servants, and they have some protections, and aren't true slaves. But the Councilor has great disdain for lecherous females, look at the way you posed for him, like you were a pleasure slave at heart already! And of course he gets a small cut of our auction earnings. He only gives unrestricted to girls who seem to want it."

I thought I might faint, and my shoulders started swaying. "I . . . I did that because you told me!" I wailed. "You . . . you tricked me! I can't believe it." And the demon, he had set me up.

The man looked concerned suddenly, "Not so loud, girl," he scolded. It dawned on me, that if the Councilor found out I'd been deceived, he might change my sentence. I had to get him back here.

"Councilor!" I shouted, "Council---mmmph!" His large hand stifled my voice, and I struggled as the man moved around behind me, his hand allowing only muffled protests to escape from my lips.

"What are you trying to do, get me thrown in jail? Oh, you're going to pay for that, my little lovely," whispered the brute. He held me still, waiting to see if the Councilor would return. I struggled for an entire minute, trying to shout past his hand, as we both watched the door that the Councilor had left through. Suddenly, the door opened, and my eyes went wide and my heart left when a figure entered the courtyard. But my heart sank when I saw it was just one of the guards.

"Elrond," said the man who held me, "got a gag handy?"

"Sure boss," said the man, moving toward us. I struggled wild eyed as the guard pulled out a leather strap with a large rag tied in the middle, reaching toward my head. I tried to scream when the hand left my face, but the rag was quickly stuffed into my open mouth, and my cries dwindled into pitiful mewling sounds. Then it was tied behind my head, and the two men stepped back.

"Can't have you messing things up, girlie," said the man.

"Damn, she's a fine piece," said the guard, looking at me. I realized my thighs were still spread, and I snapped them shut with a slap, but the two men only laughed. "You gonna auction her?" added the guard.

"She's on 3 month service duty," said the man who'd tricked me. "That would limit her auction value, although she's a real beauty, and her responsiveness is at the top of the scale. It'll be up to Snake. I hope he just makes her serve her sentence out in the brothel. Would take a week's pay, but I plan to use her myself."

That drew more muffled sounds from my throat, as I struggled in my bonds. I wanted to light them all on fire, but all I could do was make gagging sounds. The men just laughed at my helplessness. "Come on, give me a hand," the man said to the guard, "let's get her out of here before the Councilman comes back and wonders why she's gagged."

I struggled with all my strength as they removed me from the platform. I landed a good kick into the stomach of the guard, who only grunted and spun me around, then the two men each took hold of one upper arm and guided me roughly through a nearby door, down a long hallway, around two corners, to another door. When they opened it, they were stopped by two more guards, who held their hands up. I stopped struggling just long enough to hear their brief exchange.

"New acquisition for Snake. Tell him she's got a 3 month unrestricted sentence."

"Understood," said one of the guards. "What about her gag, should we leave it in?"

"Just until you give her to the Snake, you know he won't need it."

They all nodded knowingly, chuckling at my expense. With a smack on my ass, he left me with the two guards, who immediately grabbed me and took me through another heavy, ornate wooden door. The sign above the door said "auction prep." I shivered. A slave auction. I'd heard of such things, but never had the nerve to go witness one. Now I was going to be an unwilling participant.

Alex, where did you go off to?

Tanuki
Tanuki
723 Followers