Keeping My Promise

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Now before you think I am using you to gain this money I have something you have to read," she said as she handed me a signed document.

I took the papers from her hand and read them. Looking at her with some puzzlement I re-read it once more.

"Is this what I think it is, Emily? Are you are transferring to me the remainder of your entire trust?"

"Yes. I spoke with the attorneys and they have assured me it is perfectly legal. There is nothing in the terms of the trust that prevents me from doing this if I desire. I have signed it, it has been properly notarized and the attorneys handling the trust have the original document. You have a certified copy of the original."

"You will receive the second part of the trust the same day we are married. The final third will be yours when you give me our first child."

"Emily, I can't accept this from you. I just cannot . . . ." I started say before she interrupted me.

"You will accept it. Part of the wedding vows we will be making to one another will include the phrase 'for richer or poorer' this is just the 'richer' part. I love you so very much. Without you in my life this money means nothing," she said crying as she hugged me tightly.

"All right, Emily, I'll accept this but let me make one thing perfectly clear to you. It will not be my money it will be OUR money."

Ten days later we were married. Both the wedding and reception were held in the Baughman Center a stunning, elegant contemplation space in the heart of the University of Florida campus. Designed to bring the picturesque outdoor setting inside, the soaring windows and delicate natural materials echo the serene Florida surroundings. From travertine marble floors to the hardwood paneled ceiling, this is one of the most peaceful, beautiful spots in almost all of north Florida.

The ceremony was a small intimate affair with immediate family, a few close friends and colleagues.

My sisters got their wish and were bride maids. I asked Professor Frasier to be my best man and George Samuelson was one of the groomsmen.

We recited our vows before the pastor from the local Lutheran Church just as we had practiced the night before at the rehearsal. When it was time to exchanged rings I said.

"I, Frederick Wolfgang Steiger, take you, Emily Marie Thornton, to be be my lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold until death do us part."

Then it was Emily's turn as she placed the ring on my finger she recited her vow.

"I, Emily Marie Thornton, take you, Frederick Wolfgang Steiger, to be my lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold until death do us part." Then she continued, deviating from the rehearsal vows, by saying.

"I promise to love and cherish you, for the rest of eternity and beyond."

I don't remember much of the remainder of the ceremony until it came time to kiss my bride. Her kiss drove all rational thoughts from my mind. All I wanted was to begin the honeymoon right then and there. The reception, however, did go on as planned although I couldn't tell you a thing about it.

Emily and I decided to spend our honeymoon at an undisclosed B and B in St. Augustine. A week later we returned home, I went back to work and Emily occupied her days by shopping for furniture for our new home.

********************

I awoke from a troubled night filled with the same nightmare of that tragic day over two years ago when the love of my life almost died. The spot next to me in bed was empty. I could hear sounds of my new husband, of only one month, in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the two of us. He soon returned carrying a tray with coffee and buttered toast.

Sitting on the edge of the bed he handed me a mug of piping hot coffee and a slice of toast. After I finished my coffee he placed my empty mug on the night table.

"Was it the same nightmare?" He asked.

I nodded my head yes. "But it has only happened once since our wedding."

"Emily, its been over two years now. You have got to let it go. It wasn't your fault no one blames you least of all me."

"But I blame myself. If I hadn't been so selfish, so self centered it never would have happened. All I ever thought about was me . . . me . . . me. Everything I ever wanted, I got."

"Truth be told I'm not unhappy about having the nightmares. They serve to remind me of just how much I could have lost."

"Now I just need you to hold me."

My husband got back into bed, rolled over to me and held me tightly in his arms whispering the same comforting words in my ear as he had the night before as he calmed me down from my nightmare.

I began kissing him as my hand began caressing his naked shoulder. My fingers lingered lightly over the scars left by the two bullets that had struck him as he lay on top of me protecting me that afternoon so long ago.

Looking into his eyes I whispered, "I love you so very, very much Rick. Just hold me, just hold me and never let me go."

I then rolled onto my side and Rick snuggled up behind me. When I wiggled my butt into his groin it triggered the desired result.

"Rick, it appears something has come up between us and I have the perfect place for it," I whispered. As we were making love I posed a question.

"Sweetheart is it too soon to start making babies to fill up all these empty bedrooms?"

He stopped in mid-stroke as he contemplated what I had just said. A split second later he renewed his efforts with even more vigor. I guess that answered my question.

When we finished and just before I fell into a satisfied sleep I thought to myself . . . 'keeping my promise is going to be so much fun'.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++