All Comments on 'Kick it up a Notch Ch. 04'

by ExRoadWarrior

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Flat Out Rocked It !

When one loses a game of chess , you can point to a few obviously turning points that ostensibly made the difference. But to ' absolutely ' know, really know, that's a process. Did a careless move stem from improper technical preparation or lack of sleep, diet and conditioning ? The final chapter was indicative of that process. His resentment echoing at being ' finessed, potentially deceived and marginalized'.

Ann took a very competent in man in multiple facetslightly in her desire to have it all. Well is it a case of YOLO ? I don't know. Ann definitely reminds me of women , I've met who are always onto the next challenge, that's just who they are. Ann was certainly not a cliched , emasculating be****.

Frankly the narrator's unwillingness to rock the boat and penchant to be a team player served him very well in his vocational life, not so much, on the domestic front. Excellent writing about a couple where each half brought pronounced character strengths to the domestic table ( and individual flaws as well ). Full marks. *****

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
I simply loved it!

This is one of the most intellectually stimulating pieces on this site. The depth of understanding of ERW is phenomenal. the story was erotic, but even better it served as a model of marriage that involved extra-marital activities. I can now understand what conflicts go on in a cuckold's mind. I see why sometimes a person doesn't always stand up to a spouse when they are led down a path not entirely of their choosing. I loved the darkness of this tale. I will reflect many hours on this story and truly enjoy the time spent. Thank you ExRoadWarrior for your time and wisdom on relationships. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to glossed over and while you tried to make a case study it was simply to simplistic

the woman was a slut, probably had been her whole marriage (children needed to have been tested). She was in love/lust with a work mate, probably a no/no at her employers. The husband was a wimp unable to exert control over his life or his family and fell into a submissive role to his wife who simply mentally and sexually abused him. When he finally analyzed his marriage for what it was he should have divorced the slut whose only concern was herself and married Gwen, she was more mature and really loved and respected him. No lifestyle, no matter how great, is worth whoring yourself to someone you don't love that does not love you. I know many women do this in marriage, accept the marriage and sex for the lifestyle, but they and we all know its just a long term type of prostitution. The story would have been much better had you had a fundamental concept of male thinking and behavior, unfortunately you wrote from the side you are familiar with, a cheating adultering unfaithful wife. The biases of that type thinking appear throughout the story even when you spoke form the males side. In reality, with his mental state described in the story, it is surprising several times in the narrative that he did not simply kill his wife.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Good story...but...

Good story...but in part 1 I knew everything was going in the wrong path...1st - to have a swap with a single man and a woman that means nothing to him, was a huge mistake...Soon the swap was over and an affair had begun; 2nd - he said: "I had a good friend in John"...that's for laugh...John was everything less his friend...He just wanted to take the wife from him...3rd - they ended as an accommodated couple none of them realy happy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thanks for the thoughtful ending....

So many open relationship stories end right after a sex scene. It is almost cliche; in that the wife has great sex with someone else, and then dismisses the husband with a derisive "this is the way it will be from now on!" Story OVER.

Thanks for taking us BEYOND the open marriage. You tell us about the aftermath. Yes this marriage survived, but barely. It limped along, severley eroded, and they never felt the same way about each other again. It was a lot of 20/20 hindsight to be sure, but by reviewing all of the consequences, you elevate this tale beyond mere stroke story cuck fantasy drivel.

I think you did a good job, and thank you!

I always wonder, even in these fictionalized acounts of real-world emotions, how things would be different IF..........

She wants to "kick it up a notch?" well,

Trying to "improve" her marriage? (hardly)

my question ALWAYS is:

How much better could the marriage be, if she spent all of the time and energy that she did focusing on, thinking about, and carrying out her affair(s)....if instead of being dedicated to extra-marital relations.....

How many notches would have been kicked up if she instead spent that exact SAME amount of energy and drive re-invested into her original marriage partner, and for that matter, the children?

Perhaps, if they had found a way to TRULY stay dedicated, and even more importantly, DEVOTED to eachother, then may be they wouldn't have fallen out of love?????? May be they would have been able to ENJOY growing old together? May be monogamy runs a very real risk of causing sex to become stale, but with hardwork and creativity that doesn't HAVE to be true. However, when you destroy that monogamy, and with it all of the love and devotion keeping the marriage HEALTHY, you (like both Ann and our narrator here) find yourself dreaming of the days of past, what you can never get back, that same "stale sex life" what you destroyed with selfish fantasy. That he felt marginalized, is the same as being taken for granted. She didn't like it AT ALL when SHE felt that way, but remained unconsious of doing the exact same thing to him.

My biggest problem with this story, is that she didn't seem to try too hard to fix the problems. Our narrator stopped caring, and so I guess he stayed blind to her efforts. But the the story did become a little unbalanced in the end, right at the best part! It really is HIS story of lost love. She pays the emotional price for her betrayals, but it seemed uncharacteristic for her to remain behind, so mired in apathy. The more realistic ending WOULD have been cemented with a divorce. He glosses over years of aftermath, and she never struck me as someone who had that kind of patience. After the therapy failed to get them to reconnect, she would have been long gone. The timeline is off, relating to the kids ages, but once they were old enough, she would have been gone. This story never gives us enough of an explanation towards WHY she stayed. He explains his own motivations, but again, since you really write in his apathy, we have no idea about hers. Tightening up the balance, could have made this story even better, but rest assured, it was more than adequate, and quite readable.

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well written

Enjoyed you story and it was excellent. Your writing brought out the emotional roller coaster ride that the husband had been on. It was so sad to see it happening to him. His wife Ann was truly selfish and very good at manipulating husband. It was a great tale you weaved and I thank you for writing and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Simply...

One of the most predictable and depressing stories I have read in a long time. It was well written until the epilogue, which was too long and repetitive.

M

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What says Ann?

I really enjoyed this depressing story though we all knew it was headed this way. The hotwife/swinger contingent can talk all they want about how this lifestyle improves the marriage but unless there is phenomenal communication, the type that exists in maybe 1% of marriages, I feel it is doomed to failure. Even if they stay together, there are bitter, deep scars.

I would like to have Ann's point of view of why she ended it and if she realized what she did to the marriage and her role in causing her husband to withdraw. Did she regret her selfishness? Did she see it as such? How close was she to leaving her husband? Decades later, after her libido was loooong gone, would she have done it again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

For a story that talks about the consequences of this lifestyle. Good writing.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Excellent ending.....

In the end, his wife proved to be selfish and self centered. The core relationship was dead and they only stayed together for convenience. He liked her as a friend but not as a lover. That's what he missed the most.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A bunch of whining about a bad marriage

Not that this wasn't well written. It was. But it was just a long list of reasons of how they screwed their marriage up and didn't seem to have the courage to admit it. It simply wasn't interesting or entertaining to read. Maybe next time.

Gomez333Gomez333over 9 years ago
I've "enjoyed" this story

If you can enjoy anything that was ultimately sad and depressing. I empathise with the narrator purely because I see much of myself in him and I would probably have reacted much as he did. To me its difficult to apportion blame although I think much must lie with Anne.

I'm a little disappointed in that the conclusion of the tale ended up being much of a monologue so we never really got to know where her head was and whether she truly had any regrets. I think Anon's suggestion that a view from her perspective would add some value.

All in all a well written and thought provoking narrative, thanks to the author for the effort they've put in to this

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 9 years ago
Very good story

Very realistic result. A sad ending but a really well done story.

My only criticisms would be the lack of dialog and because of that, the lack of Ann's perspective and wants. Did she feel the loss of her marriage? Did she care? Did she feel guilt for her (significant) part in the death of her relationship with her husband? Did she become a bitter old woman to match her bitter old husband? Did she think it was worth it, in the end?

While this was written from first person, good dialog would have allowed you to let your readers know the answers to all those questions, and the story would have been better as a result.

That being said, it was a good (if terribly sad) story. Thank you for sharing your work with us!

Francis_Toliver

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

You hit most unanswered questions but I'm a little confused. What were Anna thoughts after she stopped seeing john and her husband totally pulled away. I know they stayed together but it doesn't souls like either was happy. Also did he ever hook up with Gwen again or just a few one night stands while on the road. Why didn't their counseling bring it all to the surface? Where there apologies made or did they just exist together with all this resentment and anger. I like the story a lot , with real emotional swings and situation. I'd like one more chapter to close on these topics but if not I look forward for more from you

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Tremendous!

I am so glad you are allowing comments, I think you will not regret it. Your story is compelling and provides excellent insight into the male side of wife sharing or the hot wife/cuckold lifestyle; and it's possible result on the marriage.

I would've loved to hear about what you learned about Ann in counseling-what her thoughts were on the matter. You covered it on the surface, that she kinda "shangHai'd" you by having all her discussion points organized when she initiated the conversation re "kicking it up a notch". That she would counter your stated misgivings with how and why you should not feel that way. But how did she truly feel? What was she thinking, that it could be the same? How could she not notice your withdrawal at various times as you stated so eloquently? If she did notice, why not address it?

She does appear to try to address it several times, but you were less than forthcoming. So yeah, your angst, self disgust, probably are warranted.

Another logistical concern, how did all that sex happen in the house with kids? They never got up for a glass of water or to go pee? Just seems wildly irresponsible. I can see the fun times while they are out of the house, but at night when supposedly sleeping, I cannot tell you the number of times as a kid I would get out of bed and listen to my parents at night discussing this and that. I had "elephant ears" as most curious kids do at that age. Have you noticed any effects this lifestyle had on your kids? Do they ever reveal they knew/know more than either of you suspected?

So sorry to hear about the menopause, and it's effect on your sex life, that is tough and fairly common. Some might say it balances the fact you got more than your ration earlier in life! Albeit maybe not in the manner you would've preferred.

Did you ever consider restarting a relationship with Gwen? Good luck in the future and I truly feel you will "settle down" into a comfortable golden years as the unpleasant memories fade and you can reflect on the substantial shared history and overcoming obstacles, joy in the kids and grandkids success and hopefully free time to travel and stay engaged and active.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Never given a 5 before

Very sad tale, a reminder to all that unforeseen consequences often occur to the detriment of all parties.

It would be interesting to hear from the wife in this story, and get her point of view

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too many contradictions and character inconsistancies. Sorry, but true.

In one paragraph he says, "I searched for years - decades really - for someone I would prefer to be married to. I never found anyone else who stimulated me emotionally and intellectually the way Ann did." Then in the next paragraph he says if Ann left, he'd just shrug. What?

You have him admit that their marriage ended when she took up with John, but he lacked the strength, gumption, guts, to confront her infidelity. So in a way he got what he deserved, as did Ann. But why did she end it with John? Then, when she could see her marriage was over, why did she not go back to John? In your long summary you pretty much left Ann out of the discussion. All we are told is that she was pissed. So why didn't she walk? She's super woman, and loved sex, and had a great income, and is a selfish bitch, and why stay bored and ignored when she can find a full time playmate? And ditch the somber distant husband. The one she threw away so many years earlier.

And how can children come out of such a marriage without their own baggage? You make it seem like the kids are some kind of hobby or project that can be taken down from a shelf, worked with for a while, and then put away while their marriage slowly spiraled down the toilet. Kids know Everything, and they have a sixth sense about their parents relationship. Your story unrealistically ignored the influence on the children, and the input from the children as they got older. They would have remembered John's frequent and long visits and intimate contact with their mother once they grew older, and they would have connected the dots. Also, Ann and Jim's families would sense something was not right. The whole scenario becomes very unrealistic the more I think about it.

So, I really appreciate the effort to create a semi-cuckold story, semi-swinger story, semi-divorce story. But that makes the writing a very unrealistic semi-story. You have great writing skills and imagination. I suggest you review the plausibility of your future plots, remembering that, even though its fiction, your character still have to act like reasonable logical human beings if you want the story to be engaging. Sure, you could have Jim walk in one day and simply kill Ann and John, which happens in real life. Or walk in one day, pack up, and walk out, which also happens. But that would be boring. This story kind of petered out in the end, which is a disappointment. Not a cuckold (well, yeah, he was), not a split to find true love and romance, and not a meaningful reconciliation. Frankly, I felt like Ann and Jim at the end, just let me forget the whole thing even happened.

I hope you found these comments helpful, and I look forward to your future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sad story

So two unhappy people lived together for decades because they preferred that pain to the pain of divorce and starting over... Yeah that happens - too often. well written, a tragedy or a comedy of errors? Naw, nothing much funny... More of Ann's thoughts and feeling would be helpful. Did she really beleive she could have it all without affecting her marriage? Or did she just not care? Why did she stay? Same reason as hubby or something else? I always laugh when the female character says "I love you, only you, you are my number one man, but I'm gonna screw this other guy... " some kind of love that. And from a guy's perspective I care less about being loved than having a satisfying sexual relationship, or to put another way love without the sexual exclusivity isn't very satisfying at all. And why can't we guys get away with that. "honey I love you, but I'll be late tonight - gotta screw my secretary." If it is just a FWB that can be enjoyable. But "Wait - you love me but your screwing someone else" - not so much. So ExRoadWarrior is this story complete fiction or based at least in part on some personal experience? Writing what you know? I doubt anyone expects you to change based on comments, which are often gibberish, but some feedback may be useful to you. Take what you want and ignore the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pretty good story

Lived a sad life , with a relationship that sucked. He should have maned up and stopped it in the beginning or just divorced her. How do you live your life with another man in your wife?

katibkatibover 9 years ago
Five

Really loved the "monologue" at the end--the best piece of insightful prose I've ever read on LIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW

This was a really good story. I don't know how real it is, but it hit a lot of trigger points. I guess what hit home was how close this was me. I'm attractive and intelligent. I never went for lack of a date and went to a top level college and graduate school. But my wife was valedictorian of her high school and college and was a runner up in her state Ms America competition.

When we were in our early 30s, I was traveling a lot and working very long hours. During this period we were invited into swinging more than several times and more than once someone tried to entice her into threesomes. They always approached her, I guess because I was working so much. Or more likely, because if she wanted it, I would follow along. I probably would have agreed, but at a subconscious level I knew it would not end well. Additionally, I was always off center because she set it up to make it "my choice." Like if everything went pear shaped, she was just along for the ride.

I always made an excuse for not engaging in this type of relationship, for no good reason except it did not "feel right." One day she met a man that was obviously more attractive, richer, had more time, etc... . The three of us actually went to dinner together. I paid for the dinner, a fact that bothered my more than a lot. In the next several days, my wife actively tried to entice me into "kicking it up a notch." I did the most rational thing- I went and got completely and totally drunk and staid drunk for two days. My wife got extremely mad and asked why I should be her husband by drinking so much for so long. Though I don't remember it, my wife says that I looked at her and with tears in my eyes I said, " I'm just mourning our marriage. It is dead, it just doesn't know it yet." After that moment, she tells me that she realized the evil that she was inviting into our marriage.

Flash forward 20 years and my wife went into menopause. She had stayed in shape and remained very attractive, but anything more than holding hands was "me being inconsiderate to her condition." One night she told me that sex was over for her and I could masturbate and look at all of the porn I wanted, but we would no longer be intimate. So, I followed success with success- I got very drunk. Again, I don't remember anything, but as she tells it, she came out to the porch to chew me out, but she saw I was crying. Since crying is not an act that she has seen much, she asked me why. In a totally incoherent manner, I told her that I was crying because we had to get divorced, because I would not cheat on her, but I was not going to remain celibate and I did not know how "not to love her." After I sobered up, she told me that she was never going to let me go and while she may not initiate sex, she would never refuse. An interesting thing happened. As menopause progressed, she became more receptive; or maybe she noticed the number of divorces that happened to our friends when the wives became menopausal.

Move forward 10 years and the kids are married, my wife's "flashes" are over and we are as affectionate as we were when we were in our 20s.

This story lays out the timeline that could have been my timeline, if I had walked a different path. Please understand, I do not think I am "better," but rather, I laid my cards on the table earlier; with the help of alcohol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Pretty good story. It shows you that a coward or cowards in this case suffer for a long time. In this couple's case the rest of their lives.

Neither partner was willing to do the right thing and divorce. Both smart ,very good financial situation jobwise , house ,two daughters to raise. Millions of couples divorce but not in this case.

Got your message ExRoadWarrior , and didn't like the blunt axe you are using. Gave you 3*s because I agree with the message. I also liked the dialogue . An okay plot but I believe you gave up on the daughters and how they were affected . Maybe it would have added another page or less. I know you had that little blurt about one daughter sticking on the fridge... "the only normal people are those you don't know very well...' I hope I got that correct. That's pretty good but those girls are definitely going to have problems in their own relationships. But I understand, that is outside the scope of this story.

I am excited and eagerly await your next post as

AMerryMan

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Interesting story; sad story

I don't usually read anon comments, but the WOW comment really does fit in with the theme of this story.

There is a Montgomery Gentry song that reminds me of this story - You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Well written series.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 9 years ago
A Sad Tale

He got what he deserved - a loveless marriage to a slut that played him like the cuck he is. He stays in the marriage because they're good friends? Really!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
****

The stars are for the writing, which was good of course. A lot of years wasted waiting for a slut to "kick it up a notch". Should have put his "hell no" in the beginning since he had doubts. He was weak and she was loose. Shit happens. Cheers! c29

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
True to Life

At last, a wife sharing story with a believable ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A SIMILAR STORY...

Is " A Boilerplate Rendering " by the unoriginalist . It was posted last year.

The timeframe is shorter , a couple of years. The husband makes the same decision , but for different reasons . His cheating wife ,at first thinks the marriage will recover after she stops. It doesn't and she finally realized that divorce is the right thing to do.

The story is different enough from "Kick it up a Notch " to capture the reader's attention. Similar enough to compare and contrast .

One item I find very interesting . The couple in this story seem to have more base intellect, but less common sense and courage than in 'A Boilerplate Rendering ' .

Anyway thanks for your time.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well written, but tragic.....

....especially in that the children are marginalized from the outset.

And not once is any thought or discussion given to the impact of Anne's or hubby's actions on the family dynamic. Think!

Kids aren't stupid. They would have felt the shifting tides in the relationship between mom and dad. They would have felt dad's emotional responses to Anne's actions.

And in the aftermath, while they stayed together, they would have been crystal clear about his withdrawal and the lack of love in the marriage. And, odds are, at some point one or both kids would have been witness to some of that outrageous behavior. They might have walked in on Anne having rambunctious sex with John while dad is out of town....or had caught one of their foursomes after coming home when their friend got sick at the sleepover. Does anyone in their right mind think there would be no repercussions for something like that? By the time the girls became teenagers and interested in sex, it would have been too late, the damage done and consequences abounding for all to suffer through.

Those things, taken singly or together, gave the girls false perceptions of healthy marriage and family relationships. It wasn't the only model they would have observed, just the primary one. And that was criminal.....at least morally.

I say this with a fair amount of personal responsibility...and guilt, for I stayed married to a woman I could no longer love, due to her infidelity. I told myself I stayed for the kids we'd already had together.

In hindsight, it would have been far better to separate and work out the issues that way, than to carry on, year after year as a matter of convenience. We still deal with the aftermath in the kid's relationships with their mom and I, their spouses and other primary relationships and other connections in their lives. It sucks!

I have come to believe that there is a special, extra horrible place in hell for stupid, selfish, self-centered narcissistic parents, who do such harm to those they bring into the world with their neglect and carelessness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Question

Is there going to be a sequel from the perspective of Anne? Is she really that selfish? What's going inside her head?

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

A sad ending which was predictable in the first chapter. I'd say more, but what's the point. It won't change the story. Good writing. Kudos! Cheers!

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 9 years ago
Sad

What an unbelievably depressing tail.

smokepolesmokepoleover 8 years ago
awesome!

Depressing? Sad? you're out of your f'n mind!!!

The emotional purity is consuming!

The stark realization of ruinous behavior is refreshing.

This IS without question one of the BEST writings on this topic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
He has no one to blame but himself.

This is much truer to life than the idiot bullshit spouted on here about outside sex making the marriage better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
He got cheated out of a marriage, love, sex and happiness.

The wife is unaffected by his misery, there should be a response from her about if she feels any guilt about her selfishness ruining her husbands happiness. I don't think she cares, husband should have walked a long long time ago, this shit is on him. Sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Interesting...

The writing is not bad but your final chapter is just a big monologue with no character development at all. Also it's depressing and as much as I think you wanted this to be a lesson it just comes across as sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pathetic

What a totally worthless unlikeable protagonist you created... You made him the biggest wimp loser and expected us the readers to just say oh good he is staying with that cunt? You can write, but you certainly have no clue how real men would deal with this....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brilliant last coda

Another commentator compared it to "A Boilerplate Rendering" by The Unoriginalist, which is a brilliant brilliant story. Certainly, the last coda in "Kick It" hits the same deep notes... Really good. Really touching. People get sucked in. People don't always know where they are going.. and later, you can't turn it around. You've changed. She's changed. And the world has moved on.

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
Wimp!!!!

You write he is not a wimp, I say he was the epitomy of a wimp and coward.... What a pathetic loser and the wife should have been kicked it up a notch right on out into the garbage..... The writing is fine, story was horrible.... 3****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wimp?

Absolutely, undeniably, yes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It was even humiliating to read!

Absolutely no empathy for the conundrum of promiscuous sex in exchange for fidelity and devotion. Ann was a run of the mill selfish whore. The cuck was a lazy timid poltroon.

The reason John and Ann broke up is because Ann became pregnant when the asshole lied about his vasectomy. Ann aborted the squib and John dumped her, realizing that all he was ever going to get was opposite side of the coin that her cuck husband was getting. Passion and lust for John, mediocre house mate and mother for cuck boy.

Which ever one dies first, the other won't notice the body for days. Which is really funny, since they both have been dead to each other for years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Garbage

He was not ahusband it a puppet one string,what a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Puerile!

Another load of crap.It appears anything will be published

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hadnt

As for listening to your tale I wish I hadn't.It is four pages of pure crap?

argeelogargeelogalmost 6 years ago
Perspective - but 4 *s

Should have added the perspective from Ann just before and after her "breakup" with John. Also, Jim should have told her no from the beginning and divorced her if she went ahead anyway. Picturing John mentally and seeing him physically screwing her left him sick; it would me to. End it. Continuing on as Jim did, showed his weakness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Are

Are there really such stupid people out there.As for the husband he must be mentally deficient.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Dumb

What kind of man tolerates this kind of emotional abuse. I think its is the place murder, suicide comes from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yet

Yet another wimp story.He should have burnt Ann and got himself a pair of balls.He let's the male species down badly.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
This series has so few views

Yet it's a series that has stuck with me for years. This is painful. Also erotic. I personally think this series should be talked about as a classic story here. I'm not sure why this one was missed. Possibly because the emotions here are painful. It can't be the lack of sex. There is sex galore.

I wish Literotica had a way to favorite a series. This one hurts, but no individual chapter is a favorite. It's all of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not as good as some think it is.

I did like the reference to Maslov's heirarchy. But that theory applies to both of them, not just the wife. She is using it to justify her dalliance, why wouldn't he use it to open up the marriage to give him some of the same?

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
What really makes me sad

Is every chapter in this series has fewer views than my last two stories. What I write is definitely not literature. It's barely erotic at times. This author went three chapters without allowing voting or comments. Then allowed both in the last and never published here again. This series has a ring of truth. It's like the author wanted just to get this story out there without comments until the finale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How

How could he be good at his job when he is obviously brain dead?

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Missing

What’s missing here is Ann’s feelings. Jim takes a while to sort out his feelings. He is a bit too slow and conflicted considering the final outcome. Ann’s remorse and attempt to rekindle his love was the twist this story is missing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wimp

What a wimp,Ann is just a common whore and he should have dumped her years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written and thought provoking

I assume the story is at least semi-biographical.

I think it is well written and thought proving. As much as I enjoy erotic fiction, this story challenges the notion that a lot of sex with a lot of people leads to happiness and self fulfilment.

He could not tell Ann's side of the story because he did not know it. And the marriage was so broken he could not and would not ask her.

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
Stupid is as stupid does.

"She was a genius - like me." - quote from first chapter.

The narrator/author of this story is obviously intelligent, even if he doesn't know a "hare's breath" is more than a "hair's breadth" from being the correct expression. The wife was mostly concerned about her desires and calculated what manipulations it took to get them satisfied. He allowed his dick to overrule his brain and heart to the point that he actively participated in his own cuckolding. When the blood finally left his dick long enough for his brain to work again, he realized what he had lost.

The couple may have qualified for Mensa with their IQ scores, but rarely have I seen a marriage described that featured two people so clueless about how a relationship works. They read some books describing the virtues of polyamory and assume that jumping into an open marriage will be OK? This group met zero of the requirements for a successful polyamorous relationship.

This was one depressing story. The sex wasn't even titillating, since you were watching it from the perspective of the cuckold on the verge of vomiting. It further confirms my opinion that higher intelligence is often a detriment to success and happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Intelligent

In the story you make him out to be intelligent,but in essence he is brain dead or he wouldn't have allowed the situation with John to develope.Also after the kids were at, college he should have divorced her.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
Sad life.

He wasted his life with a piece of garbage. She wasn't anything special at all. He should have left her long before. Perhaps he could have shared his life with a woman who could appreciated who the man he was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Four

Four chapters about one spineless apology of a man.If he had any backbone he would have dumped Ann,she was nothing but a slut.

mark73107mark73107almost 5 years ago
WTF???

First off 1*, they need to have a zero choice just to break it off in the authors ass.

Why did he even start this bizarre journey. Why did he not just divorce her right off the bat? Why at any stage, including the end, why did he not get rid of the bitch?

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
A wasted lifetime.

A biography? If so, the author has died a thousand deaths. A living doormat that being used as one.

cordialddcordialddover 4 years ago
What doesn't kill you makes you ambivalent...

Like many of the "deeper" stories this one asks the reader to look at the narrator's life from the inside rather than an outside view of the activities. Many people are able to measure their world with absolute parameters; just as many see all three or four sides of everything; empathetic to a fault, so to speak.

Sometimes these people embrace outside structures, such as religion or self-improvement seminars to provide the ok/not ok framework to direct their thoughts and actions. Others measure the water that's flowed under the bridge, constantly wondering if they've done right, kind of right, maybe right; frustrated yet unsurprised that no clear answer appears.

The author has provided an impressive display of this much-too-normal personality. Thank you.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

A wasted story and he’s a stupid cuck.

What a total waste of time this story was.

So sorry I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a sad wimpy story. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

left his big boy trousers behind agree with war gamer I gave up somewhere in chapter 3 you can only fuck so many pages

coldwar warrior

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hand in your man card immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To lazy to gain happiness and terribly dumb to see the way to it.

Mazerf Akar (yours)

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Makes sense the mc was a feminine male. Way too long.

Another story about a marriage with two pussies in it

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 1 year ago

The Sybian would have made good break-point. NOBODY spends $1500-2000 [haven't looked recently] on a sex toy without expecting a LOT of sexual compensation!!

Same with childcare for Ann&John nights!!

"When is John gonna watch the kids while we go somewhere else to fuck?"

AstordatairAstordatairabout 1 year ago

A sad story of abnegation and deficient communication. To those geniuses who think this story is unrealistic and ridiculous, just leave your little backyard for a while. You'll see that this kind of story is quite more common than you may think. To the author: I give your story 5 stars, because it is so well written. Many thanks for your writing!

Bham487Bham48710 months ago

Good story about a weak man.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is just an awfully written story. She makes this bold statement, and the writer launches into TELLING us instead of showing us. He had a dramatic moment where the reader wants to see how this goes down, but he gets literary diarrhea instead. Anyone who knows anything about writing knows that dialogue and conflict are the cornerstones of writing. Are we to presume MC just let the statement go? A one-sentence declaration, and he's mute? As I dug into it, there was too much internal dialogue and insufficient SHOWING. He lost me at the end of part one. Tolstoy and Melville can blather on, and they are barely tolerable. This guy? Nuh-uh.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Actually while I vehemently disagree with the husband's choices and how he did not divorce Ann, at any of a number of time points, especially, despite the MC showing signs of wiling cuckold behavior, when he got sidelined emotionally Ann being romantically involved with John (which was beyond ridiculous), it was well written. Personally I think willing cuckolding is a mental defect, but at least her after a long time, the husband realized how had been used, how he was marginalized and never given an option besides the obvious one: divorce. So seeing him.work it out and unplug himself from. The marriage, while extremely depressing and making me want to yell at him to grow a spine, again his internal monolog was really well written. Ann is a an execrable, entitled bitch who manipulated her husband, ruthlessly. She could never admit her fault. Even after giving up John. Their open affair was devastating and she exploited her husband being sexually turned on by the threesome sex. His analysis of monogamy and ployamory is dead on. One member cannot raise issues or be upset, while the others just ignore it and hope it goes away. That is not a loving relationship. But she didn't care. It is the reason polyamorous relationships or open marriages of any type have a really high divorce rate of >92%. There are always imbalances or feelings of sexual insecurity or emotional isolation, and only amazing communication and change can fix that. Ann didn't care to do any of that, and John wanted the marriage to fail outright. Ann was a terrible wife on so many levels. She even neglected the kids for several years with her intense open affair. What is sad is that the MC took so long yo realize that he was being held hostage while being abandoned and at the fringe of their marriage. That was depressing. So while I cannot identify with that behavior or deem it remotely acceptable or healthy, it is what the husband chose and again was well written. Like reading the diary of an initially willing cuckold who realizes he made a terrible mistake but chose to isolate himself from his wife as opposed to divorce for socioeconomic reasons (which again I think is a bad choice and spineless), and reading that while sad and depressing, well it showed insight into a damaged mind.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous