All Comments on 'Kimono'

by pmarlowe

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Oh my!

I thought that was exquisite! Oh…still processing it, but don't want to go that route; just want to keep feeling the words caressing at my emotions…Beautifully written and perfectly handled. Ohhhhhh yes! It's simply perfect! (I knew as soon as I saw that you were using embedded dialogue that it was going to be good. Got myself a cup of tea and settled in for a delicious read. And I was right. It is <i>perfectly</i> delicious)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Punctuation

There is a reason for punctuation but hey who am I to complain about your style but why spoil your style with question marks commas and other fripperies they are only there to make a sense of your words andspacesareprobablytoomuchforsomeonewithyouramountofstyletoo.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 15 years ago
An exquisite piece

Tight and controlled, the dialogue and narrative rolled together as they do in real life to heighten the immediacy of a moving and well-told tale.

You'll get used to the ignorant complainers about the use of embedded dialogue. Ignore them. Your writing is YOURS. Don't compromise, good writers don't.

Most of my stories use embedded dialogue, I learned to write like this years ago. When I compromised on Lit and used 'quotes' for a couple of stories, my scores fell noticeably.

Looking forward to reading more from you.

GlasgowgirlGlasgowgirlalmost 15 years ago
Lush and sensuous

all at once. This is a beautiful cameo - dreamy yet urgent, sensuous and sensitive. Fortunately the minority of those representing Scotland are as ignorant as Anonymous in Scotland. The rest of us are intelligent, well-read, erudite, <i>and</i> literate…So please don't allow the minority voice to influence your decision to post another story. Thank you!

WorkingManWorkingManalmost 15 years ago
Uh

No quotations. No read. It's laziness on your part. Nothing more.

Romantic1Romantic1almost 15 years ago
Hard to Read

Itriedtoreadyourstorywithoutthepunctuationyou'veomittedandIguessIonlyhadtroubleinafewplaceswheretherewereactualquotesthatshouldhavehadsomepunctuation. Iamagreatfanofpunctuation;Ithinkitmakesstoriessomuchmorereadable. TheonlyworsethingIcouldthinkofwouldbeleavingoutthespacesbetweenwords.

deariemedeariemealmost 15 years ago
Oh, amazing!!

Oh my, what a beautifully written, well constructed story. I love your writing style...very unique and emotional. Thank you for writing such a delicately lovely story. And PLEASE! ignore those incredibly erudite individuals who can't understand embedded dialogue, and who simply can't comprehend the notion that dialogue and action are not separate in real life (only in cartoons and in stylized forms of literature).

EuridiceEuridicealmost 15 years ago
Gorgeous!

<p>Your character development was awesome. This touched my heart in more ways than one - true romance at it's best. Keep up the good work and we want MORE. I never expected to come across anything like this.</p><p>Oh, and to those twits who made the comments about lack of punctuation: Listen up, dweebs! The author told you at the very beginning of the story that he was using a particular style of writing. It's called "Embedded Dialogue". It's a well-established style of writing, but obviously far too sophisticated for the likes of SOME poor ill-educated readers on this site.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Sensual and moving

What a treasure! What pure delight to have found such a gem on this site! This is a very sensuous and deeply emotional story as well as being incredibly sexy. Beautifully written too. (And the punctuation is <i>divine</i>).

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A rare treat, a good short story,

an amazing amount packed into a short space. The ending was perfect, the I know why I should not but I am going to anyway moment was beautifull and painfull at the same time. A brave name you have chosen but on this evidence its justified. Cheers. -- UK CYNIC

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

****Some short stories are like fleeting dreams beautiful for the moment. Thanks for the read very entertaining story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpmarlowe@pmarlowe
Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. Which is some fine writing that I didn't do. But I write well enough. And I adore younger women.