Kinetic

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hammingbyrd7
hammingbyrd7
1,372 Followers

"The air!" whispered Melanie. "Smell the air! It's so sweet! Bravo Eric!"

It had been my final act of creation. As the event horizons of the three created planets touched Earth, I had purged the Earth of humanity's thousands of years of pollution, on land, sea and sky. All of Earth's landfills and dumps were transformed into simple dirt, all the filth in the waters cancelled, all the giga-tons of atmospheric nasties now just a memory. In an instant Earth's atmosphere lost 117 ppm of CO2, dropping from almost 390 to just above 270 and matching the current value at Tierra.

It won't last, not quite. Earth's power plants are still running full throttle. But there's only a dozen years left. My final act of creation was to eliminate most of the world's coal, oil, and natural gas. I made the remaining supplies super pure and sweet and easy to get at, and proportioned it to countries around the world based on their current consumption rates.

I also modified the DNA of a number of Earth plants. The chemicals could still be produced synthetically, but the days of growing narcotics or hallucinogens are over.

Fair? Hell no. The former drug growers and oil producing countries of the world will probably curse me into eternity for what I've done, if they ever find out whom to curse. And maybe some people could even make a valid case, for native populations using hallucinogens and opiates in religious or traditional ceremonies. But, sorry guys. The man with the Go.D. degree has spoken. Earth's lunatic days are over.

Energy-wise I'm starting everybody off on an even footing. The world has twelve years to wean themselves away from fossil fuels, more if they start cutting back now.

What will I do if they don't adapt? I'm not sure. But, I'm a compassionate guy. Maybe I won't do anything for a decade, but after that, I suppose I could be a bit more generous. I just hope people are almost off fossil fuels by then.

Am I playing God? Sure. But influence does change perspective. Melanie and I talked about this for months, and in the end we figured, what the hell!

hammingbyrd7
hammingbyrd7
1,372 Followers