All Comments on 'Kiss of the Succubus Ch. 04'

by Totzman

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Epiphany_JonesEpiphany_Jonesover 8 years ago
Just a question:

If your "illustrated story" has exactly "one" illustration in five pages of text, does that one illustration really move the needle? I mean, you include the image at the very end of all the text, so what did it actually do to affect what you wrote? Couldn't you have just as easily illuminated the "illustration" and just posted this as a story? I think it's safe to say that, more often than not, when readers take the time to enjoy an "illustrated story", it's the constant accompaniment of imagery that excites us. (I think I smell a gimmick.)

TotzmanTotzmanover 8 years agoAuthor

It's a 6 part story and I had 8 illustrations so I made sure to have at least one picture for each chapter. Would more illustrations have been better? Sure, but I thought some would be better than none.

I mean, Stephen King's the Stand was over 1200 pages and it had something like 6 illustrations, so I thought my ratio was at least better than that.

TotzmanTotzmanover 8 years agoAuthor

Maybe the illustrations weren't necessary, I just thought they might be a nice little bonus. I put a whole lot of time and effort into this story so I wanted it to be something special. I thought a picture or two for each segment would bring it to life a bit more.

Epiphany_JonesEpiphany_Jonesover 8 years ago
In my opinion:

You might have just submitted the story as a multipart story, and included all eight of your images in one "illustrated chapter". Or even waited until all the chapters had been completed and then submitted an illustrated novella. Anyway, it doesn't matter. You're the author, and you did what what you wanted to do. My opinion is just my opinion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous