All Comments on 'K's Playground Epilogue'

by Quezacotl101101

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

That was one amazing disclaimer. Are you a lawyer? Good story, though.

Quezacotl101101Quezacotl101101about 11 years agoAuthor
Not exactly...

I know it seems like a bit much, and a few people have complained about the disclaimer. I realize that 99.9% of the people reading the story will know it's just a story, but I worry about that one person in a thousand who will read this and see it as some sort of inspiration to go out and do something horrible. If that person reads the disclaimer and there is some chance it gets through to them, or failing that that it provides me and the site some measure of legal protection in the event somebody does do something horrible, then I think it's worth it.

The truth is we shouldn't need a disclaimer, people should understand that it's just a story. But we live in a world where coffee cups come with a warning that coffee is hot and every phone number on TV starts with 555. We live in a world where sometimes people are just stupid or unbalanced. Rather than letting them dictate a bubble-wrapped life, I think disclaimers are the price we pay for the freedom to pretend.

So yah, I get why people don't like the disclaimers. But for me, they're gonna stay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice

All in all, it's a good story and you finished it so, you did justice, right on. I'm flattered you liked the story enough to finish it. I was the one who biffed the ending. I think I just got tired of writing, it was a long ass story and I took my time getting it going cause I wanted to develop the character's and make if more believable for a better climax. Keep going with it man, you got a good feel for the characters and your execution is great. Myjimmy

Quezacotl101101Quezacotl101101almost 11 years agoAuthor
Really happy you liked it!

Thanks, MyJimmy. Really happy you liked it! Yah, KP it is a long story, but that's part of what I loved about your original work. Sometimes you just want to get out a quickie idea that seems hot, an inspiration I really do get, but whenever I go back over my 'quickie' stories they never seem to hold up over time with me. I finally came to the conclusion that the setup is ultimately as important to the eroticism as the, *ahem*, climax, if you will.

I loved reading your slow-burn description of Kate's gradual submission to sexual attraction to her father, although I always felt that right from the beginning it was a tickle at the back of her mind, perhaps an unconscious desire to use her sexuality to wrap her father around her finger, even if she wasn't ready to admit it even to herself. Am I way out in left field on that one? Also, was it your original intention to imply that the wife was having an extra-marital affair, or did I pull that out of my ass as well?

Sorry, I just love the idea of getting to pick your brain a little on your original thoughts concerning the characters. Thanks again for your kind words.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous