All Comments on 'Lab Accident'

by Wifetheif

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ale84ale84about 8 years ago

poor bertram, she has to go back

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Disgusting

Her master did not "make love" to her. She was his slave. She had no ability yo say no. He raped her. I don't know what the hell race has to do with this, but it felt racist af to me.

Star_gliderStar_gliderabout 8 years ago
Not bad.

The impotence of a woman in that situation is very well portrayed (and first person POV helps highlight this too), with only a couple of issues. "Master" never makes love to her; he rapes her, every time, and she's smart enough to not be fooled about that. Furthermore, as a scientist, she would recognize the psychological conditioning the collar was inflicting, and be able to resist it (internally that is; she'd continually understand "Master" was a rat bastard even as she obeyed him).

One thing that could magnify her impotence in that situation; start her off with a name, and have her internally deny the name her slavemaster gives her.

The plot element of Bertram winning his matches was a nice touch, but that isn't central to the story. What is central to the story is how the protagonist is changed by the experience. Aside from having a child, there doesn't seem to be a change. Pulling Bertram Sr out of that world and into hers would highlight an internal change (she found love despite the misery, sufficient to make her save her lover from that hell) and provide a bit of justice that was otherwise lacking (Master loses his "stud" in the end).

bornwildnfreebornwildnfree8 months ago

That's awful sweet!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous