All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 05'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

Nooooo! So wrong for that cliffhanger. I hope Gwen stands up for her man. I wonder what is really going on with Amber.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
All right!

This story is back on and flowing. HDK I'm glad the strange issues have been resolved with this story. Frankly, I cannot figure it out any more than you could. But, I'm excited that the story is back and flowing. Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nothing

Like a good ole fashioned Texas ass whippin' to get the next chapter started !

teedeedubteedeedubabout 11 years ago
OOOHHH

Showdown between girlfriend and sister!!

technowildytechnowildyabout 11 years ago
im confused

is the redhead his sister... i may have missed something, anyway brilliant story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Powerful writing*****

Thank you. tom anon

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 10 years ago
The Song

Some readers may not remember (or know) "Lady in Red" is also the name of an enchanting, captivating song written and sung by Irish-British artist Chris de Burgh. It was released in 1986 and by 1987 had become the #1 hit song in 25 countries.

It was written in reference to his wife, Diane. At one time he said it was inspired by the memory of what she looked like the first time he met her. But at another time he said he was inspired by how she looked in her red dress at a dance, when he viewed her from across the room.

BTW, his daughter, Rosanna Davison (his real sir name), won Miss World in 2003.

Listen to the song: http://vimeo.com/42374677

dozendozenover 8 years ago
I like your story very much, but ...

... as an Australian I do not understand any of the subtleties of American football and so I did not enjoy this chapter as much as others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story But...

Great Story,

I like that he is so upstanding but sometimes his character jumps the shark. i.e.. He got punched in the face by her dad last time they met, you would think the father would be the first to apologize. Instead he tells the dad;

" My behavior the last time we met was inappropriate. I respect you too much to make you uncomfortable in your own home. If you prefer, I'll leave right now, and I'll understand the reason "

Great story, great character but keep it a little more real.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
as interesting as the confrontation may be

I hope cliff hangers do not become the annoying norm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
contraception nonsense

", if your mom agrees, or you're living away from home, I'll prescribe the pills. Until then, no sex, and that's your doctor's orders!"

Ridiculous. A doctor can't make parental approval a condition for prescribing contraceptives for an ADULT. Gwen is presumably 18 at this point. Indeed in many jurisdictions a dr can lose their license for refusing tp prescribe contraceptives to woman who is over the age of consent. That would include Kate in most states.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 6 years ago
As usual

Good story. I still get lost in descriptions of US games. Lucky this must be set a few decades ago, because any blood showing in sports, I believe, means automatic out of the game. Doubt a bloody shirt would be acceptable. But back in the 70s or so it was okay, showing how much of a man you are. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
First Five Chapters

This is the 2nd time I'm reading L.I.R., this is my kind of writer of exaggerated yarns..along with ProlongedDebut of course. Even better second time around!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Who

Who did the makeup for the morning interview with Amber?.How could Kate know Amber O,Leary was the mystery date,she had never seen her?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why

Why would Steve apologise to Ted,the man is a first class arsehole?.Also why did he no go to the game?.

MillDrewMillDrewabout 4 years ago
LOL...Anonymous... your a jerk.

Love the story.

Ignore the idjits... and keep writing

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

Loving this series and I can't out it down.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

WOW!! Gwen has some real teeth now!! Who would have thought Amber O'Leary would be the daughter of the state governor?!?? There's some fireworks coming if she possesses the typical redhead temper!

Love how Dr. Laura Masters convinces the coach to let Steve play AND stands up to him in order to convince him. Also enjoyed how she let Gwen help her assist with Steve's exam and gave Gwen some great advice to enlist more hospital personnel for their fundraiser.

I **have** to suspend some belief on equating Steve to Joe Montana and the receiver to Dwight Clark; we literally know very little about the receiver...but to say Steve is like Montana? Yeah...stretching it thin, there.

Other than that, you build most of this well and plausibly. I'm hooked. 5

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Gwen is an adult what’s up with the moralising doctor, what Gwen and Steve do??

As adults its none of her business.

4/5

joesijoesiabout 1 year ago

Are you serious? An 18 year old woman is asking a doctor for the pill, and the reply is, no, stay hard and reuse the temptation? Yeah, sure, the most stable solution against unwanted pregnancy is a cold shower!

What‘s coming next? The stork is delivering a baby?

was so far interested in the story, ad this point I was out!

This is science fiction!

Rapier875Rapier87512 months ago

I love the comments seriously criticising a work of fiction.

Guys - this isn't reality !

Go with the flow for heavens sake.........

Rapier

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 Stars .. Can You say Cat Fight .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES