Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The audience responded enthusiastically to the music. Many people sang along or danced in the streets from that point forward. Near the end of the evening, Steve and Gwen performed their special dance. The song was 'The Time of My Life'. Gwen and Steve sang as they reproduced the dance from the movie 'Dirty Dancing'. They had to change a few of the steps because of the restrictions of their location, but the crowd reacted loudly as soon as they realized what song they were performing.

Steve and Gwen were shown on every big screen in the city as they 'dirty danced' with the backdrop of Paris shining brightly with the huge moon overhead. It was obvious that they had to be in excellent shape to be able to sing while engaged in such a vigorous dance. Excitement built as everyone anticipated the moment when Gwen would run and jump as Steve lifted her high above his head. He held her there as he slowly turned in a full circle so that Gwen briefly faced every point of the compass. The cameras moved in their limited arcs, capturing the couple smiling broadly as the Eiffel Tower shone beautifully in the background. Finally, Steve slowly lowered Gwen so her remarkable chest was in his face for a few seconds before she was lowered enough to wrap her arms around his neck. Then she kissed him long and hard as crowd's cheers and whistles echoed across the city.

Although the evening had begun to cool down by the time the show concluded at midnight, the four friends were sweaty and exhausted. Before leaving, they took the time to thank the musicians personally for their excellent play.

"Thanks for introducing us during the show," gushed the pretty female saxophonist. "Playing Paris with you guys in front of millions of fans was the coolest thing I've ever done. I'll never be able to top that, no matter what I do. I just hope that people remember our names and we get some jobs out of this, but even if we don't, I had the time of my life!

"By the way, that dance was the most incredible single performance I've ever seen! I watched the monitors when I wasn't playing and you two looked and sounded incredible! When you held Gwen over your head with the Eiffel Tower and the full moon shining in the background, I felt like crying, it was so beautiful!"

By the time they returned to the hotel, it was almost one AM. Steve was surprised to see so many people still up and enjoying themselves in the hotel's restaurant and bars. As they walked to their reserved table, patrons and staff began clapping vigorously for them. They were joined by their family and friends when they took their seats.

"I really doubt that you guys have any idea what you did tonight," began Stephanie. "That show was huge! Almost half of all the TV's in Europe were tuned to you! It's going to be broadcast in an hour back on the east coast and central U.S. and a couple hours later on the west coast. Some of the reviews on the internet are calling it the best concert of all time. Everyone agrees that your 'dirty dancing' was perfect, and super sexy! They absolutely loved it here, and everywhere else."

"I spoke with President Hanson a short while ago," interjected Senator Chatham. "Once again, you young people made him look very good. He watched most of the concert, as well as your speeches at the orphanage, and was delighted. He told me that he had received a personal call from President Marchant expressing his appreciation for sending you.

"Hanson was even chuckling about how pissed off many members of Congress were, from both parties! He's not apologizing to anyone. He told me that they can't argue with the results. Who did the French people want to see and hear? Not American politicians, that's for sure!"

"Michelle has friends that own a building on Avenue Victor Hugo, so we were able to watch from the rooftop of that building," interjected Lisa. "Theresa got to see her Aunts Jordan and Gwen, along with Uncles Charlie and Steve give the concert of the century! We could feel the energy of the crowd. Michelle told us that they estimated way over a million people watched it live and who knows how many millions on TV! When you two did that second dance, I almost wet myself. I was so nervous and excited for you, but it was perfect. Diane's really going to be proud of her star pupils."

"I've got to admit it. I was impressed," revealed Chip as he slapped Steve on the back. "Did you tell everyone that I taught you that grenade trick you used earlier in the day? You would've been blown all to hell if I hadn't prepared you for it!"

"You taught me to not trust you!" insisted Steve with a grin before explaining to everyone what Chip had meant. "I was sitting on my bunk one day when this grenade dropped through an open window and rolled to a stop by my feet. I was pretty worried. All I could think of was to grab it and throw it back out the window."

"That was about the time I decided to take a peak in and see how Steve was reacting to the grenade. Just as I peeked over the window sill, the damn grenade smacked me right in the forehead and bounced back into the room. It almost knocked me out!" admitted Chip as he remembered the incident and rubbed his head just thinking about it.

"What happened to the grenade?" asked Kate. "Obviously you two weren't blown up. How did you survive it?"

"The dummy used a dummy grenade. After that fiasco, we'd play 'hot potato' with it every now and then, tossing it around until someone dropped it and then they were 'blown up'. It evolved into a game where we had to toss it into a basket to be safe. We eventually put the basket in a cart and started it rolling down a hill and we'd have to toss it in while the basket was moving."

"Toward the end, we were throwing it into moving vehicles from fifty or more feet," added Chip. "It shows how bored we were at times. Steve could put the damn thing into a jeep doing fifty miles an hour from a couple hundred feet away. I think it was all the football training he had."

"So that wasn't blind luck today, like you told the reporters?" quizzed Jordan. "It was something you'd actually practiced before?"

"It was mostly luck," replied Steve. "That car was going pretty fast and the sunroof wasn't much of a target."

"But you were trying to throw it into the car, weren't you?" persisted Jordan. "I thought it was an amazing coincidence, but it was deliberate, and it was perfect!"

"Every now and then, I'm reminded that men are just big boys," observed Paula, shaking her head after listening to Chip and Steve recount their grenade play.

"Yeah, and 'big' is the operative word with my boy," added Gwen. "We're flying back to Washington in the morning, so I think we need to eat and get to bed. I have to thank this guy properly for not dropping me off the roof tonight."

"You should apologize for almost poking his eyes out when he lowered you," insisted Kate. "I was worried you'd blind him, or possibly suffocate him with those girls of yours."

"Really? Does that look like a face that's been abused by breasts?" asked Gwen as she ran her hand over Steve's cheek.

"Now that you mention it, I think I see where a nipple was dragged across his lip," quipped Kate as she pretended to examine Steve's face.

"I doubt you see that, ... Yet. But check him in an hour if you think he looks bad now. His face will be all scarred up with nipple marks," promised Gwen as she clutched Steve's arm.

"Once again, I find it necessary to caution one of my daughters about the visual she's creating. Look at these men sitting here all quiet and misty eyed. Each one of them has a vision of poor Steve taking that abuse," pointed out Paula. "You can guess what's going through their minds."

"Let's hurry and eat so we can go to bed!" insisted Charlie to a grinning Jordan.

"We ate earlier," stated Jason to Lisa. "Let's give Theresa to your mom and get upstairs!"

"Come on, Kate!" demanded Chip as he tugged on Kate's hand. "It's past our bed time!"

"Becky and I are exhausted, so we'll turn in now," managed Pete with a nearly straight face.

"Stephanie, why don't you watch Theresa for Lisa and Jason? Paula's pretty tired and needs her rest," added Ted as he flashed a wicked grin.

"Not you, too!" groaned Stephanie. "I've got to get a boyfriend!"

"Tell me about it," commiserated Ashley as everyone laughed long and hard.

The Red Lady set down in Washington just before noon on Wednesday. Gwen planned on going to her office on Capitol Hill before flying back to Stanford the following day. By the time they passed through customs and made their back to the hotel to change and freshen up, a horde of reporters was waiting for them in the lobby.

At the request of management, Steve and Gwen asked the reporters to adjourn to a meeting room supplied by the hotel. Once there, the couple spent an hour responding to questions. They were asked about the river rescue, the new movie's success, the funerals in France, as well as the tremendously successful concert. Steve had to answer numerous questions about how he so quickly thwarted the terrorist with the grenade. That evening news on the networks devoted most of their time to the events of the past few days and the major roles that Gwen and Steve had played in them. American politicians, including President Hanson, were hardly mentioned and never shown.

Amber Stahl called Gwen and asked if she and Steve would consent to a sit down interview that evening to be broadcast live in prime time, and they agreed. The couple responded thoughtfully to every question posed by Amber and made no attempt to duck or avoid a single issue. Amber posed what she felt might be a difficult question near the end of the interview.

"Gwen, you and Steve performed before a million plus fans in Paris last night. You not only sang, but you also danced a couple of times. Critics say that you used this tragedy to promote your company, your movies, and your music. How do you respond to that?"

"It's a 'catch 22' situation for us. Jordan, Charlie, Steve, and I were asked to perform, mostly because we're so well known. By agreeing to donate our time and talent, we raised millions of dollars for the orphanage that was attacked. We asked for no compensation. Not now, nor in the form of residuals in the future. We gave our time freely and quite willingly.

"By so doing, it appears that we became even more famous, and more popular than we were before the concert. How could we prevent that from happening, if for some reason, that was our desire? Give a bad show? Do something foolish? What would our critics have us do? Lady in Red exists to help people all over the world. It's a privately owned company, but we're doing our best to give help where it's needed, anywhere in the country and the world. Obviously, we're limited by time, distance, knowledge, and funds, but we're honestly doing our best.

"We do make movies and music to provide income for the company, and also because we love doing it. If we do a good deed, it gives us positive press and we make more money, which we intend to spend where we feel it'll do the most good. Steve has done some very courageous and heroic actions, but never to gain praise, or press. He's a very special and extremely competent man, and people all over the world respond to him. Jordan and Charlie are incredible talents, extremely attractive, and have tremendous charisma. I somehow managed to pique Steve's interest years ago, and he's carried me along with him on this incredible journey.

"To sum it up, Jordan, Charlie, Steve, and I will continue to conduct ourselves with honor and pride, help those we can, and apologize to no one for our success and good fortune. This is America and we're living the American dream!"

That evening, the entire extended family spent a very pleasant last dinner together before everyone had to return to their regular lives. Perhaps because she knew she wouldn't be seeing Steve for awhile, Gwen was extremely passionate and demanding in bed that night. Steve responded with heat of his own and when the couple finally fell asleep, they were totally exhausted, but sated.

Gwen returned to Stanford the following day, while Ashley, with Becky's assistance, managed the Washington office while keeping Gwen very well informed. Members of Congress began drifting toward one of two schools of thought. Many were openly supportive of Gwen and her actions, while others missed no opportunity to point out any shortcomings, real or imagined that Gwen might have. Almost no one in Washington was neutral on the subject of Gwen Anderson.

When Steve, Kate, Becky, Naomi, Chip, and Pete got together for dinner Tuesday evening of the following week, Steve asked about Ashley's whereabouts.

"Don't worry," replied Becky. "She's fine, and she's bringing company. In fact, here she is now."

Ashley approached the table with a small blonde girl. She placed an extra cushion on a chair, lifted the girl into her seat, and then sat next to her.

"Hey, Ingrid! Are you having dinner with us tonight?" asked Steve as he smiled to the small girl. "You look very nice tonight. Is that a new dress?"

"Yep, Miss Ashley gave it to me," beamed the child. "She's been helping my father with his new job. I'm staying with Miss Ashley tonight!"

"I should have mentioned that I was bringing Ingrid. Is it okay with everybody?" asked a somewhat nervous Ashley.

"You're really hitting it off with this beautiful little girl," observed Kate. "We love her and wouldn't dream of complaining about her coming to dinner. Can we assume that you're getting along okay with her father?"

Ashley blushed as she responded. "I've been helping him get set up. We found a two bedroom apartment for him and Ingrid. He's busy getting some furniture for it tonight. That's why Ingrid's staying with me. We're having a sleep over!"

"Sis, is it just Ingrid that's sleeping over?" asked Becky with a straight face.

"Yes! I know that I'm kind of pathetic. It's pretty obvious that I'm a little taken with Ingrid's dad. I'm so afraid of screwing up again, but he seems like a really good man. What do you think, Steve?"

"I lost any right to advise you after that disaster with the fake Mark Neary. You're a smart, capable woman and will make the right decision. What I will do is let you know if any concerns or objections crop up," promised Steve.

"Okay, but I don't blame you for what happened with Mark. You're still the one I depend on, and that won't change," replied Ashley. "I really enjoy Ingrid. That's a good thing, don't you think?

"Ashley, it's a very good thing," assured Naomi. "She's a little doll and you're lucky to spend time with her. She's a treasure.

"Not to change the subject, but I just found out a couple days ago that I'm going to Hungary, too. Being an attaché has its advantages. I'm going to pack tonight so I can sleep well tomorrow night and be ready to take off early the next morning. I've never been to Hungary!"

"Neither have I, but I've heard some great stuff about it," replied Steve. "The food is supposed to be extremely good. The Danube is amazing and the government's fairly progressive. I'm told that Budapest is especially beautiful at night. Maybe we can get together and do some sightseeing while we're there."

"Mr. Hammer, are you asking me for a date?" teased Naomi.

"Well, yes I am," grinned Steve. "I would be honored if you'd accompany me on a tour of Budapest when we have some time off."

"Allow me to consult my calendar, as well as my boyfriend," responded Naomi as she blinked her eyes in an exaggerated gesture. "He should be available to take my call right now."

Even as she spoke, Naomi was scrolling through her contacts. "Hey, Jared? You know that I'm scheduled to go to Budapest? A handsome SEAL just asked me on a date. He wants me to do some sightseeing with him, but I think he may try to ply me with liquor and have his way with me. He looks like the type. Yes, he's the one with the girlfriend with the big ass and small boobs. You think so? Wouldn't that ruin him for his girlfriend? You know better than anyone that once a man spends time with me, he'd never be satisfied with any other woman. Okay, if you're certain. I promise I'll tell you everything, and then I'll show you everything when I see you next. Bye, Lover!"

"He's disturbingly fine with it," admitted Naomi. "I just have to tell him all about what we do and then show him exactly what we did the next time we're together. You'd better give me something to work with! Now, for one more call.

"Hello, Gwen? I'm going to Budapest and your boyfriend's already hitting on me. It's pretty obvious what he wants. He's already asked me to go sightseeing with him, but we both know he'll try to lure me back to his room. I just want you to know about it so you won't think we're running around behind your back. Jared knows and he's fine with it. He did say something about 'fair play' and 'sauce for the goose', so that may mean that he'd expect some sort of pay back.

"You're way too willing! I don't think I want your big butt anywhere near my boyfriend. Forget the whole thing! Steve will have to go without, at least from me, and I'll make sure he doesn't try for any strange. I don't want him having fun without me," pointed out Naomi as she disconnected.

"I'm afraid that Gwen and Jared have some sort of agreement," stated Naomi as she made an effort to look worried. "If you get lucky with me, they think it would be a green light for them to perform various acts against nature, which have been outlawed in most civilized nations. We can go sightseeing, but I'm afraid you won't be able to sample the goodies. That's why the sneaky guy wanted me to tell him everything! He was planning on doing the same thing with your girl. What a weasel! What do you call a guy like that?"

"Normal? Opportunistic? Funny? A dreamer?" rattled off Steve as Naomi laughed.

A couple of days later, Steve and Naomi landed in Budapest. They attended meetings with their respective senators during the day, but were free in the evenings. They enjoyed a casual dinner in the 'Buda' half of the city the first night.

"That was delicious!" exclaimed Naomi. "The Creme Brulee was fantastic. This was a great idea."

"Let's go dancing now. Then tomorrow, for our second date, I'm going to take you on a dinner cruise on The Danube," promised Steve as he paid for the dinner. "I already made the reservations for tomorrow night."

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get into my little panties," responded Naomi as she took Steve's arm. "You're a very good boyfriend. Did Gwen train you, or did you know all of this before you met her?"

"Gwen gets most of the credit for any social graces I may have, although my mother did her best to teach me the basics before she died," admitted Steve. "Being with a beautiful lady like you brings out the romantic in me."

"I know Gwen didn't teach you those smooth lines that you use all of the time," retorted Naomi. "I can't wait to have every dance with you tonight. You'd better try to slide your hand down on my ass now and then. I'd be insulted if you didn't."

"I certainly wouldn't want to hurt your feelings," grinned Steve as he patted Naomi's round ass a couple times as they headed back to their hotel lounge.

A short time later, Steve and Naomi joined others on the crowded dance floor. "I have to get some pictures for Mom. She'll probably be disappointed if I don't seduce you. My own mother thinks I should take you for a spin at least once before we both get married to someone else. What kind of mom would even suggest such a thing?"

"My kind? Or was that a trick question?" asked Steve as he pulled Naomi a little closer. "Your mom's one of my favorite people. She was always really good to me when I knew her in Cuba."