All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 19'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent as usual

HDK,

I don't know how you do it, but this episode was up to your high standards.

Thank you

Sid0604Sid0604over 8 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. This whole series has been an absolute pleasure to read so far and I'm looking forward to reading more.

oshawoshawover 8 years ago

Yea! A new chapter to enjoy!

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Another incredible yarn!

Believe I have said this before...Thanks for the temporary fix for my LIR addiction, but I am gonna need another one real soon! :)

openeyes2openeyes2over 8 years ago
Amazing!

A constant form of entertainment. Well written, fun to read. Looking forward to reading more of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LiR

Your Story has me pulled in. I re-read the whole amazing Journey of Gwen and Steve several times in hopes that when I get to the last chapter a new one is added to this incredible series. Just today I checked if there was a new chapter added and surely I wasn't dissapointed :-). Keep up this amazing work, I can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YES...

Another chapter by HDK!

Thank you for continuing to share with us your talent for writing and of of course this great story.

Like everyone other fan of your work, I check daily for new chapters.

Yours waiting patiently....

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More please !

Write faster! It's killing me to wait so long between chapters.

Sniper014Sniper014over 8 years ago
Great Sory

Just finished reading the newest chapter. I only have some problems with the time frame of the story. In this chapter you state that she is just finishing up her third year of college. When in fact she should be in her seventh year (third for her master). Reason for this is did not they both start college at the same time (Gwen and Steve). Steve would have done 4 years at the academy, 1 yr is BUDS training 6 mos BUDS and 6 -12 mos probation before being placed on a team. Also to be a LT in the Navy he would have to be in over four years. That will make Steve in the Navy close to seven years.

Also Gwen said that she would be 26 soon and that would be seven years after she graduated form HS.

Also you stated that it was only a year ago that he was in Columbia, Sorry but that happened more then a year ago because he was in Iraq after that she ran for election which would have been in November. And she was in her office for about 6 months when they tried to do the ethic hearing. That will make her 25 years of age at the time of the election because that is the youngest age to be elected.

So if I have followed this story from the start to now I believe that she is going for her Master's in college.

Other then that it is a great story and at least with this chapter there is no remarks about world health.

Maybe they finally figured out that it is a fanasty story.

Keep up the great writing and will be waiting for more releases.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another Exceptional Episode

Look forward to these every month. I've mostly read these over at SOL so haven't left any recent comments. You may take this as acclamation for the entire work.

I saw the comment on timeline and he's right, but it doesn't really mess things up too badly. Maybe a spreadsheet to keep things more or less in sync.

Anonymous Andy

ManofMithgarManofMithgarover 8 years ago
Thank you

It is always great to get another chapter of these amazing young characters of your design. You make them feel so real and inject them with true American spirit. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

I've loved all the chapters but this one I can really relate to as my daughter is an Annapolis grad and is the PR officer on one of our Nimitz class carriers, (can't say which one). Among her duties is to arrange and escort DV's (Distinguished Visitors) that come out to the ship. She loves taking around the entertainers and bands that come on board. They are without exception pretty humble and really love entertaining the troops. The media and politicians that come on board however, are for the most part arrogant, demanding and a royal pain. Shocking huh! There really is a Swing Dance club at the Naval Academy, because she was in it. Again, love this story!!!! (One technical point, there is no 2 seat version of the F-35, so Sam couldn't take Gwen for a ride. Switch to an F-18 Super Hornet and you're "good to go ")

dmg43dmg43over 8 years ago
gwen's schooling

IF I remember correctly she has OR is about to finish her 3rd year of MEDICAL SCHOOL!

The timelines DO blur some BUT it's STILL a fun story to read.

I wish the timeline in posting new chapters was shorter.....SO hdk use BOTH hands when typing.

engineerireengineerireover 8 years ago
I hate to do this

Ulysses by James Joyce is (by far) my favourite work of fiction. I love the digressions, deviations, & downright misdirections; but there is always a sense of where the novel is going (added to the fact that Joyce is the finest writer of English language prose of the last 150 years).

I love HDK's work. I love the absolute OTT nature of the Lady in Red series - it's briliiant. However I'm so p***ed off with the lack of plot progression.

At this stage I'm not even sure that there is a plot. There is obviously a story in getting the preferred candidate elected - but if that is just to support future unconnected episodes than it is not so much a plot as a background device.

I brought this up 2 episodes ago & it has gotten worse rather than better since.

HDK - what the hell is going on?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Next Chapter

When is next chapter coming?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank You, Again

This was especially well written. Thank you ever do much for writing and sharing your stories.

The time since ypur last is prolonged.

If you have decided to stop the story: I am one of the many who miss your writings. But: Thank You, again.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 6 years ago

Certainly no expert, but could anyone do a 4 hour show? Just the amount of material done well enough over that time, let alone the energy, stamina, muscle fatigue and voice strain. Even 12 songs per hour they need 50 songs at peak rehearsal strength. Wow, what heroes. Yes I know it is fiction, but some credibility is still needed.

A certain foreign leader would have more likely blamed the US of plotting the attempted assassination so they could then prevent it and save him.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
UHB asked about a four hour show...

Not a problem for young musicians. Even old ones - we heard Paul McCartney a few years back - he did an hour electric set, a forty minute acoustic set without the band, and then brought the band back for another full set. If you have good players, it is easy to do long sets (Dead were noted for very long concerts). I play keyboard, and the standard bar gigs used to be 9-1 with two breaks (don't know what they do now as I don't play bars anymore).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too

Too repetitive and what a co incidence that despite both ships having a crew of several hundred,they met some one they knew.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flawed

As they landed back in Sparta from Korea, Billy invited the crowd to a free buffet,how did he know there was one,likewise whilst in Moscow when did Lisa have time to set up suppliers of their products?.They landed for the concert on the Nimitz on the fourth of July,left next morning,but somehow landed in Washington in the late evening of the fourth of July.Does the author ever check what he as written?.

tjsmith839tjsmith839almost 4 years ago
Crew of a carrier

Each carrier has a crew of about 5000, greatly increasing the chances that they would know someone aboard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Please Learn the Difference of "Your" and "You're"

I have a difficult time reading this story because of the constant misuse of your and you're. "Your" is an adjective that indicates possession of or connection to the person being spoken to, as in "your mother is calling you." "You're" is a contraction of the phrase "you are" as in "you're going to be sorry you said that" or "you're the one she loves." They are NEVER interchangeable in context.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whatever happened to Steve's Aunt? His mothers identical twin. Also what about his cousin Jen?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You know I had a Drill Instructor in boot camp tell us that 10% of people will fuck it up for everyone else, and I have found that to be largely true in my life. Now the vast majority of people who have served in the military are stand up people, however with as many people who have severed 10% is a lot of dirt bags. Military sexual assault is a very real problem and to suggest that the girls dress sexily and to have no fear that they will be harmed is naive at best and criminal at worst. Now I know this is just a story and that I should lighten up and I do agree with you on that but I just wanted to point out how it is pretty pathetic to suggest that all people who have served are of the highest moral fiber whereas someone who very peacefully kneels in protest during the national anthem are scum. Really no one is hurt by a peaceful protest but a sexual assault can have harmful effects for generations. Just my 2 cents you may continue with the fantasy! Also it would be great if this writer would finish the story! Thanks!

minnygopherminnygopher11 months ago

The USS Nimitz (CVN-68) was my "home away from home" for three overseas deployments between September of 1979 and February of 1982. We had a USO show on board once - certainly nothing like the extravaganza described herein.

--- David S., Aviation Fire Control Technician 2nd Class (AQ2), VA-82/AIMD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories