Life after the Lottery Ch. 56

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great!"

"I need you to understand some things I have already discussed with Sherri. You are working in our house until we get the offices set up at the store. You will be around my family, which includes Sam and Amy. This is their house; they live here. Because of that, you may see and hear things between the four of us that may or may not surprise you. That is why I need to make sure anything like that isn't discussed outside the house. You know about our living arrangement, you may ask any of us any questions you may have, we will answer them if we can."

"James, that is none of my business."

"Brenda, you will be living with us during the day, we are not going to change how we act. Of course, we won't be fucking in the den while you and Sherri are here, but we do live here."

"That's too bad!"

"One other thing. Sherri uses the pool sometimes at lunch and after work. She wears a very skimpy thong when she does. You are welcome to wear the same thing, just don't talk her into going naked like you talked to her about not wearing underwear, please."

"I thought you would like that."

"I do. Sometimes she stays for dinner and you can too. I have her working hard when she is here, and I know you two have already made a lot of progress. Today, I need you two to work on what you will be doing next week. I'm sure Linda wants to get you two with her architects as soon as she can. We are going to the store Monday morning, so you and Sherri can brainstorm some more."

"Okay. Does Linda have an idea of how she wants to the store to look?"

"She is thinking wood and an expensive feel. You two work with her and the architects and come up with how you want your departments to look. I am thinking about the two of them flowing into each other and not two separate areas of the store."

"That is what Sherri and I thought."

"Good. Sherri has given me her preliminary numbers. I would like yours as soon as you can get them. I have a new portable computer and cell phone for you over there. If you need a nice color printer at your house, let me know, and we will get one. I have your business cards too, and we have stationary and other forms. Sherri ordered some kimono samples yesterday, if you need to do something like that, we will. I would like to get you two into France and Europe as soon as you can line everything up."

"We are talking about October and November, and going to New York then too."

"Where ever you two need to go. It is covered, and you do what you want. I have a lady friend that will be going with you. She was a model and knows a lot about the industry. I think she can help you two."

"That sounds good."

"Brenda, I will tell you the same thing I told Sherri. This is your business; you run it as you see fit and make it profitable. If the store is a success, you and Sherri will also be a success and profit from it. Whenever you have any question, you ask it."

"I will. James thanks for this opportunity."

"You are welcome, now just make it all work and make us some money."

"I will!"

I got up and got her computer, phone, and business cards. While she looked them over, I went to get Sherri. I found three giggling women.

"I knew I shouldn't have left you three alone," I said.

"We were just talking," Sherri said.

"That is what I am afraid of. You two finish cleaning up, Sherri has to go to work," I told them.

Sherri and I went back to the study. Brenda had set up all her things on the other end of the table from Sherri's stuff.

"Where do we start?" I asked.

The three of us talked business until about 10:00. I asked what they wanted to drink and went and got us something and took it back.

"It sounds like you two will be ready to go to New York the first week of October," I said.

"It looks like it," Sherri said.

"Can we plan on going to California the next week?" Brenda asked.

"That is fine with me," Sherri replied.

"You two, will that be too early to order things for the store?"

"Oh, no. If we can, can we go ahead and order anything we see we like?" Sherri asked.

"If that is what you want to do, yes. What about France and other places in that area?" I asked.

"Brenda and I are going to call your lady at the lingerie store in Paris Monday and the two brothers there and sat that up. I'm thinking early November," Sherri said.

"Brenda, do you know where you need to go in that area?" I asked.

"Yes. France mostly, then Germany, Italy for sure. Can I go to Spain, they have some nice things there?"

"Brenda, you go where you need to go."

"Oh, there is a designer in Spain that I would love to get some things from," Sherri said.

"Okay, you two decide where each of you need to go. I think it would be best if both of you go the same places so you can bounce things off of each other."

"That would be great," Brenda said.

"The lady that will be going with you when she can is Katrina. I will have her come next week, and you two can get to know her and work with her."

"Great," Sherri said.

We worked more until Dawn came home just before noon.

"How are things going?" Dawn asked looking in the study.

"Very well. How did your meeting go?"

"Long. I have a lot of work to do over the next few years."

"You can do it. We smell food cooking, you may want to check on the girls," I told her. She left.

"What meeting?" Brenda asked.

"With her advisor, so she can get started on her doctorate."

The three of us had talked a few more minutes before the gate buzzed. I looked on my new little screen, and it was Linda.

"Linda is here," I said.

We all got up and went to the den. I waited to see if Linda would come in. A minute later she did.

"Finally," I said to her.

"I figured you were working," Linda said.

"Linda, you have met Sherri, and this is Brenda."

"Hello, Ms. Williams," Brenda said.

"Okay you two, it is Linda. This is Rachel."

"Hi, Rachel."

"Hi, everyone," Rachel said.

"And this is Ellen, one of my buyers," Linda said as she introduced an older lady."

"Hi, Ellen."

"I understand you two have been busy already," Ellen said.

"We have," Sherri replied.

"Good. Do you mind if I look over your ideas?"

"Of course. Come with us," Sherri said.

Sherri, Brenda, and Ellen went to the study. I took Linda in my arms and kissed her.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"My car and Ellen's."

"Can you stay for dinner?" Amy asked.

"Sure we can. Ellen is not staying long."

"Good," Sam said.

"Linda, if Ellen is not staying long after you are finished with everything, we all need to have a long talk," Dawn said.

"That doesn't sound good." Linda replied.

"Linda, stop it. We just need to have a talk."

"I guess I better get started then," Linda said.

"Where do you want to start," I asked.

"I would like to see what they have in mind."

"Okay. Have a seat."

I went to the study.

"You two bring your computers to the den," I said.

I went to the den and sat next to Linda and Rachel on the sofa. The three of them came in and sat in the loveseats. I took Sherri's computer and connected it to the wireless network and had it display on the big TV above the fireplace. I gave her the computer back. All of us sat and watched and listened to Sherri and Brenda as they talked and displayed what they had on their computers. I was happy that Sherri and Brenda loosened up when Linda started asking them questions and talking to them. Our discussion went on for two hours.

"You two have done a lot of work," Linda said.

"We want to get started," Brenda said.

"If you go to New York and California in October and Europe in November, do you think you can order most of what you need?" Linda asked.

"I think we can," Sherri said.

"I'll give you some names in both places," Ellen said. "It will give you some more places to go."

I got up and left all of them talking and went and got a bottle of wine and a tray of glasses and went back. I poured everyone a glass but Ellen. We all talked more until about 3:15.

"You all have it all going fine," Ellen said. "I am heading back to the hotel."

"Ellen, what time are you flying back tomorrow?" Linda asked.

"About 2:00."

"Okay. Stop by my office in the morning before you leave."

"Okay, I will see you in the morning."

I took Ellen to the door, and she left.

"I'm impressed. You two are ready to go. Ellen and another lady are going to New York in November to order everything for my end," Linda said.

"Do you think we can open for Valentine's Day?" Dawn asked.

"That depends on these two and the architects."

"We are ready to work with them," Brenda said. "I like the idea of the rich wood."

"I hoped you would. I think we can make the place look nice and expensive inside," Linda said. "The architects are very experienced in upscale retail."

"We do too," Sherri said. "I saw a store in New York on the internet like that."

"Sherri, I really like your idea about the pictures in the store," Linda told her.

"Will you pose for one?" Sherri asked.

"Let me think about it?"

"I thought maybe a nice picture of you in some lingerie in your office."

"Let me think about it," Linda said with a smile.

"Linda, Sherri has made some good contacts in France with these two brothers. What do you think about showcasing them at the fashion show?" Brenda asked.

"I'm planning on showing the high fashion stuff the first night; you two set all that up for the second night."

"Okay. What about some lingerie teasers during the first night?" Brenda asked.

"I like that! We will get together and do some more planning for the fashion show," Linda said.

"Let us know when," Sherri replied.

"Oh, James, that fur store downtown I was talking to is going to move next door to the store in one of the big outer stores. Their lease is up at the end of the year, and they are ready to move. I told them we would show some of their furs in the fashion show," Linda said.

"Sounds good. Anyone else for the other stores?"

"I have people working on it. We have interest for a shoe and bag store and a coffee shop on the end. I may even have a high-end jewelry store moving in," Linda said.

"That would be good. Would they loan us jewels for the show?" Brenda asked.

"If I get them in, sure. There will be an art gallery in one of the smaller stores."

"Who owns it?" I asked.

"I do," Linda said. "This town needs a fine art gallery."

"My interior designer will probably agree with you," Dawn said.

"Does she need art?"

"She said there is no source for graphic line nudes in this town."

"I know," Linda said with a smile.

"Linda, do you know some sexy ladies that would pose for James for the store?" Sherri asked.

"I might!"

"It's getting late. Sherri and Brenda, you two go home and make some more plans with the new information," I said.

"Okay," Sherri said.

Linda pulled two business cards out of her pocket and handed one to Sherri and Brenda.

"That is my cell number. Call me if you need anything," Linda told them.

"Okay. Sherri, are you ready to go?" Brenda asked.

"Yes. You still want to stop for dinner?"

"Yes."

"Bring me the bill," I told them as they got up and left.

"Are Olivia and Sam still coming?" Linda asked.

"About 5:30," I told her.

"Rachel, you will like them," Linda said. "Sam has a big cock too."

"Linda, how are you planning on me liking them?" Rachel asked.

"Any way you want," Linda told her and leaned over and kissed her.

"Linda, I don't know about that."

"Rachel, they are special friends of ours," Dawn said.

"Mine too," Linda said.

"Linda, are you sure it's okay?" Rachel asked.

"I'm sure. Now don't worry about it."

"Linda, we have an hour or so, can we talk now?" Dawn asked.

"I guess. Can Rachel stay?"

"Of course!" Dawn told her.

"I better get a refill on my wine first," Linda said getting up.

Dawn and I went with her to the kitchen to open another bottle of the wine she brought."

"Linda, how much have you told Rachel?" Dawn asked.

"Some."

"Linda, some of the things I am going to tell you may be hard for you to accept. Please keep an open mind," Dawn said.

"You know I will."

We went back to the den with a bottle of wine and filled everyone's glass.

"Rachel, how much has Linda told you about why I think her and James are so close?" Dawn asked.

"She told me that you think the two of them knew each other in another lifetime."

"How hard would that be for you to believe?"

"I think it could have happened."

"Good."

"James, you told me you now believe it is true?" Linda asked.

"I do. Dawn showed me something that made me believe it."

"What?"

"Linda, being part Cherokee, I have ways to show James things. One of the things I want to talk to you about is that. When we go to the reservation to meet my great-grandfather, he may be able to show you also."

"Why can't you, Dawn?" Linda asked.

"I'm not...skilled enough. My great-grandfather may be able too."

"How?"

"You will have to trust us. He can explain it to you better when we get there."

"Dawn, you are being awfully cryptic," Linda said.

"Linda, I have the ability to go on journeys and see things. A few days ago, I managed to take James with me. We saw you two in a past lifetime," Dawn told her.

"Dawn? What are you saying?"

"It's called a Spirit Journey. Cherokee use them to learn things from their ancestors."

"You're telling me you can go back and visit your ancestors, Dawn?"

"Yes, in simple terms."

"I have heard of that," Rachel said. "You can do that?"

"I can. That is why James now believes what I say also."

"What did you see?" Linda asked.

"I don't want to tell you so it will not influence you if my great-grandfather can take you there," Dawn explained.

"I don't know about this, Dawn?"

"Linda, you have to trust me."

"If your great-grandfather can do this, then what happens?"

"Linda, if he can, you and James can decide to break this soul connection you have."

"What? If we do that, will...James...still...love me?"

"Yes, he will. But, you two will not have this deep spiritual connection you have now."

"Is this for my benefit or yours, Dawn?" Linda asked.

"That is what we need to talk about. Linda, you have changed a lot since this started. I know you are in love with James in a deeply romantic way; you have to be now that you two have met. All of us want you and Rachel to be as close to us as you can be, but, I think you feel uncomfortable now," Dawn said.

"Dawn...it's just that I shouldn't have these deep feelings for him."

"Why not?" Dawn asked.

"I don't think you like it for one reason."

"Linda, James is not going to leave me for you. He has deep romantic feelings for Amy and Sam, as well as you. Yes, his feelings for you are different, but I am not worried about them. You told us you felt like this was getting in the way of your relationship with Rachel that is why you may want this separation," Dawn said.

"I still love Rachel very much; it is just that I don't know how to share that much love for two people, Dawn."

"You will still love James, but not like you do now. This is something you need to think about. If you think this is a problem in your relationship with Rachel, you can do this."

"It's not a problem...I just need help understanding."

"If you don't want to do this, all of us will teach both of you how to share love. We told you that."

"I know, I'm just not sure I can do that. I have talked to Rachel about her feelings of sharing me, and we both could use some help."

"Rachel, how do you feel about this?" I asked.

"Linda is trying to explain it to me. I will always love Linda. I just worry about her. I see how you four are; I'm sure Linda and I can be that way someday."

"This is something I want you to think about; my great-grandfather may be able to do this if you want too."

"Let me think about it. Dawn, you said you were one-fourth Cherokee?" Linda asked.

"Yes."

"You sure look like you are more than that."

"As my grandmother says, I am one-fourth true Cherokee," Dawn told her.

"You should see her mother, she looks pure Cherokee," I said.

"My grandmother says our women have strong genes," Dawn told Linda.

"You must. What is your mother's name?" Linda asked.

"Ann."

"That's it, Ann? No Indian name?" Linda asked.

"Linda, since the early 1900's most Indians have adopted more traditional names."

"What about you?"

"My full name is Dawn Ahoyka of Anigilohi clan."

"What does that mean?"

"Aniglilohi means Long Hair."

"Well, you have that Dawn," Rachel said.

"I cannot cut my hair."

"Your hair has never been cut?"

"Only trimmed, rarely."

"Wow," Sam said. "Is that why we can't cut our hair?"

"That is James' doing," Dawn said.

"I thought maybe you had a name like Running Deer or something," Linda said smiling.

"My grandmother named me Beautiful Morning Dawn because I was born at sunrise, but they only put Dawn on my birth certificate. My mom gave me the name Ahyoka; it means She Brings Happiness."

"That's perfect because you do," Amy said.

"But your mother's name is just Ann?"

"Annabell Walela Bell is her full name. My mom's married name is Woodward," Dawn said.

"How did your grandmother end up with the last name of Bell?" Linda asked.

"That was my grandfather's last name. I don't know much about him. My grandmother was born on the reservation and married young. My mom was born on the reservation and lived there until she was 12, then my grandfather died, and a few years later my grandmother moved into Ashville."

"What is your grandmother's name, Dawn?" Sam asked.

"Enoli, it means Black Fox."

"Your family sounds so interesting," Linda said. "I wish you would tell me more about it."

"I can when we have time."

"Dawn, you have told us about spending your summers with your great-grandparents studying your great-grandfather's medicine. Are you a medicine woman, Dawn?" Sam asked.

"Yes."

"What?" Linda said. "You are an Indian medicine woman?"

"I am Cherokee medicine woman."

"Wow."

"You have to understand that since I can remember I spent three months out of the year in the Summer living on the reservation with my great-grandparents until I was 18-years-old. I spent a year there before college. During those visits, my great-grandfather taught me as much as he could about his medicine and healing."

"Is that why you became a nurse?" Linda asked.

"Mostly."

"Dawn, do you ever use any of the medicine you learned to help patients?" Linda asked. Dawn smiled.

"I can't do that, I would lose my license," she said with a big smile.

"You are so interesting."

I knew Dawn used what she knew with her patients; she had used it on me many times with great results.

"That must have been a lot for you to learn growing up," Sam said.

"My grandmother and mother wanted me to understand my heritage. I loved being with my great-grandfather during those times, and he taught me all he knew. I enjoyed it, and he was happy because my grandmother and mother never took much interest in his knowledge and customs. He will be one of the last true medicine men on the reservation. It is years of learning, and most young members are not interested in it."

"That's too bad," Sam said.

"It is. I don't have anyone to train."

"You can teach me," Amy said.

"Honey, you have to be Cherokee."

"Can you teach me some?"

"Maybe."

"I can't wait to meet your great-grandfather," Linda said. "What is his name?"

"Great grandfather," Dawn said. "That is all I have ever called him."

"That's sweet."

"Linda, if we are leaving early next Saturday, can you come early that Friday night before?" Dawn asked.

"I will make time and come when you need me."

1...89101112...15