All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire: Cast and Notes (May)'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
redlion75redlion75almost 9 years ago

are we ever going to see the story go on?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sooner rather than later

FS stated chapter 40 is in editing, so I'm confident. Also looking for continuation of Ebb Tide, I'm greedy.

FS and Nut Ranch, thanks for this info dump.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Life as a New Hire 40 (May 27th 2015)

I submitted four stories two days ago: LNH 40, the Cast and Notes and two other separate tales - Sleeping? and WMD. I submitted Ebb Tide 4A yesterday. Cast and Notes was merely the first story to be approved by Literotica. I imagine they will release one story a day so, by the order of submission, LNH 40 sould be next aka May 28th's release, Sleeping ~ 29th, WMD ~ 30th and Ebb Tide 4A ~ 31st.

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 9 years ago
Great Job

Thanks guys for the info dump... some things i had forgotten and some I never would have thought of.... now this story is making more sense GREAT JOB FS, Nutranch.... Keep it up cant wait to read the other stories as they are posted......

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
catching up...

...got me thinking.

When you look over history dealing with government services such as intelligence/counter-intelligence, espionage/counter-espionage, agents provocateur/security. You realize what colossal failures and waste of human and cultural resources those organizations have been.

The metaphor I like to use for this Shadow History, us for you to consider an onion. With a sharp knife, carefully begin removing each layer. Methodically, sheet by sheet. First thing you will notice is each layer is making you cry. Then, that each layer conceals another layer behind it.

Eventually, you will have a big pile of smelly, tear-jerking onion-skins and absolutely nothing left in the center. That there is no there, there! And, never had been.

The knee-jerk mythos of Benedict Arnold, as The Judas Betrayer is what all American school children are taught to automatically repeat. t\That Benedict Arnold was a traitor to the Holy Cause of the American Revolution. Without question or dissent tolerated.

Yet there is circumstantial evidence that it was more likely Arnold was acting as a deep-cover agent/mole for Washington's espionage network. (To separate it from Franklin's network, which would evolve into America's secret police organization, aka the US Postal Service.)

I think the British always suspected Arnold's real loyalties and that is why they kept him on such a shot leash. Wouldn't we all like to have a peek into the old M5/M6 archives?

Yes, it's been confirmed that General Hames Wilkinson took money as an ostensible agent for Spain. I think he was just pulling a Franklin. Taking money from whoever was foolish enough to offer, for redundant and useless information, in order to pay for actual Yankee operations.

The Burgess and Maclean network was possibly an attempt providing believable info to the Soviets, in order to get the pair, onsite, living in the Soviet Union. To provide a backdoor conduit for sub-Rosa, unofficial communications between the Soviet and British governments. Marxist - check, homosexual - check, wore argyle socks with sandals - check. Obviously traitors, all.

Hey! I stuck to Ancient History. I didn't once go off in one of my rabid tirades against Modern traitors, did I?

You're welcomed.

misplacedtexan77misplacedtexan77almost 9 years ago
Question for finalstand

You mentioned a story over 400,000 words with Russia and internment camps in the U.S., what is the name of that story and where can I find it if not on literotica? I am a big fan and have read quite a few of your series, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
misplacedtexan77

I don't know all of Final Stands stories since he doesn't post all of them, but...

If it's the one I am thinking of, it consists of at least four parts.

Series I, Series II, National,and International.

and they ROCK!

Ask him REALLY nicely and maybe he'll post them.

Inevitable_Inevitable_over 7 years ago

out of curiosity, you have Troika listed as a head of house, but she's killed by the Golden Mare while attempting to attack Cael under the justification that she isn't on the council and therefore can be killed. I was under the impression that every head of house was a member of the council?

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
Aaakkk! Troika was not Head of House Šauška!

You are right. I missed that. Troika was never the Head of House Šauška. She was Chief Diplomat of the Host. She is merely mentioned as "Troika of House Šauška" in Chapter 19 and later in Chapter 28 it is clarified that "Troika Šauška ran our Diplomatic Section", but she is never identified (correctly) as House Head.

I missed it when double-checking that entry. Ugh.

James aka FinalStand

Janrene3Janrene3about 1 year ago

Argh… I know its been many years. But is there no way for you to tell us the story of the Great Hunt?

I admire you storytelling and your sense of details - but I need closure on this story! How does working with Felix turns out? Etc. Etc

More from Cäels world!

Thank you for sharing your work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...