All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 17'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent as always

Increasing the scale of the universe with new powers and principalities: I like the direction this is going. I check for a new release every night: this has really been one of the more enjoyable series. Looking forward to the rest of the publications: keep up the awesome work!

Any future progress on One in Ten and Deadly Friends/Unexpected Enemies would also be just as pleasantly received.

pariah001pariah001over 9 years ago
More please.

The twists and turns this series is taking is what keeps me coming back for more! So many Lol moments for me in this chapter. Hopefully chapter 18 is not so far away and this series continues for quite a while. Thanks FinalStant! Great job as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

what....the.....fuck

sailandoarsailandoarover 9 years ago
I need to . . .

. . . double check and make sure you are on the favorite authors list and then begin looking forward to reading all your other works , and then maybe start a fan club. Thanks for what you do.

gnome_mangnome_manover 9 years ago
Funny and Moving

As always, FS, your work travels many paths. Pamela is as compelling as she is hilarious. Odette is an amazing sidekick and Oneida is terrific.

All of them stand in Cáel Nyilas' shadow.

This is one hell of a good, fun, entertaining, educational, terrific series of stories. I look forward to more and revisit previous stories (how else do you keep the lineup straight?) often.

On the other hand, Zane and Israel, Damien and all the rest demand equal time.

No pressure, right, FS? gnome_man.

wolf9696wolf9696over 9 years ago
5/5 as usual

loving it.....i hope u develop cael's role and manuverings as house leader for a good while...:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wait, what, hu?

Illuminati, clones, dna, memory storage and inprinting, pheromones, incest. All in one chapter.

The fuck?

Chapter 16 already opened a lot of new story possibilities. And now this. This keeps getting better and better. Just don't get lost, ok?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
About the next chapter...

I'm assuming the time skip is to explain why Cael's father is not the head of House Ishara or is this going to be a plot device later when the Amazon start investigating Cael's other relatives to offer an alternative to Cael for the House of Ishara. I guess you could have the Illuminati start systematically killing off Cael's relatives to resolve it.

ConnarConnarover 9 years ago
Holy Shit!

Just when i thought it could not get any better... :)

What else to say? Oh yeah, 5* as always!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
:D

You keep it coming and ill keep reading... you can guess who gave you 5/5

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 9 years ago
i cant speak

FS,

I can not put into words what I am feeling after reading this chapter.... It is the most amazing writting story I have ever read... Fan-fucking-tastic with all the twists and turns you have added... I think this is going to be one outstanding stories on literotica... Please keep it going...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loving it

Is it wrong that I get so excited when I see you have uploaded another chapter? The story is so well written. Thank you!!

Little BirdLittle Birdover 9 years ago
But why...

If Caels father still lives, and his mothers sister still lives, how is he the only surviving member of the family? Both on his fathers and mothers side are people older than him.

And how comes Pamela knew about his family for decades, but nobody else had any idea the family still existed?

Could of cause all be answered by "The High-priestes lies to everyone when it suits her", but this needs explaining in the next part.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
I now know your profession

You teach sidewinders how to twist and move! What a wonderful world you create. I wait with much anticipation for the next chapter.

NWlifterNWlifterover 9 years ago
To think I almost passed this story by.

I am enjoying this story just as much as I have 'One in ten'. I look forward to more of both.

SSpencer67SSpencer67over 9 years ago
that tapping on the wrist

Did you get that from demo Williams and the Master of Sinan Ju?

5 stars for that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How am I not paying for the pleasure of reading this?

This is the best combination of outrageous plotting, plausible rationales, witty banter, deeply developed characters, and impossibly fabulous sensuality I've read since the death of Robert Heinlein.

Please find yourself a publisher and get this to mass market -- and I will happily buy it and anything else you care to write.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 9 years ago
Sure hope

You didn't just jump the shark.

5 stars as usual though

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cael's family

I think Cael being the head of the house may be explained away due to the Amazon culture's practice of having old people take themselves to the cliffs to die after they are no longer able to fight. If Cael's father is old (having Cael when he was in his forties) and his Aunt being of similar age, Cael could be seen as the oldest surviving member of House Ishtari. The Amazons could consider those members of his house as too old to be part of the Host.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Superb

I just love the brilliant banter, the crazy but not so crazy asides and unexpected twists and and turns your stories take. I like the pop psychology and moments of cleverness that you throw in too. To be honest, the sex ...dare i say it? Yes - is now secondary for me. It's still well written of course, but i get so much more from all the other elements of the tales. I was really sad when christian college sex comedy stopped suddenly, I hope you going with this one for a bit. Thank you for the entertainment!

DownUnderThunderDownUnderThunderover 9 years ago
Amazing as usual!

Another great chapter added to the ranks!

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
OOPS

If Cael didn't has enough on his plate now he has , with the Iluminati too. Better don't screw with the taxi driver's sister, the next who is coming after him will be some brunch of Hesbolah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cray Cray

You are one hell of an SOB, lol!! Man, those last 2 chapters were doosies! Soucj transpired its almost too much. Keep it comin, I love the rate you're pumpin out the chapters! Tick tock, im ready for the next....

NutRanchNutRanchover 9 years ago
And the plot thickens

Really enjoy the way you keep coming up with these little bits of trivia for your characters to use.

Ichthyologist? You either have an incredibly diverse wealth of random trivia or you do some decent research just to make things interesting.

Either way, the extreme BS keeps the characters' engaging and leaving me waiting for the next bit of trivia to come around.

Loving the interaction between Pamela and Cáel.

RtioweRtioweover 9 years ago
Pheromones

Cael having pheromones changes how we think of all his previous conquests. Is that a change you want?

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Cáel's Pheromones

The pheromones are tailor specifically to work on his Mother's Sisters/his 'Aunts', not femininity in general. That would be highly counter-productive to have EVERY woman around you act like an addict. Cáel's Grandfather put that into Cáel's genetic make-up before he was born. It is far easier to tailor a gene before conception after all.

Besides, Cáel was a dating loser throughout High School as was indicated by his greatest humiliation. Then there is the Desk Sergeant where he keeps picking up Marilynn St. James, Desiree, Ursula, Leona, Constanza and Pamela. They may all eventually like him, but they are't going at him with amorous intentions.

Cáel's dating prowess is a matter of physical attractiveness, a powerful sexual charisma, seductive instruction and the dedicated study of the art of eroticism. According to this tale, anyone who exercised 2+ hours a day, developed the confidence and spent enough time pursuing and studying receptive females could do what he does. It is not magic, or super-science that makes Cáel that way - it is the love of the female form that drives him to do what he does, nothing more.

RtioweRtioweover 9 years ago

That's very good. It would be a real pity if he had general-purpose pheromones, as that would destroy most of his character.

1Merlin1Merlinover 9 years ago
Disappointed

That I don't see an additional (insert huge number) of chapters as this has been "as good as it gets" and I now must wait anxiously for more of this splendidly humorous tale. There is no upside to having finished the (now) available reading other than I will possibly close my eyes before 2am tonight.......

Merlin

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 9 years ago
What just happened?

now we have illuminati!! I'm pretty sure the Siths are gonna attack Havenstone in the next installment.

Cael's Sherlock Holmes-y deductive ability is a little offputting though. Telll him a few words and he's already deciphered who did what in centuries old fueds. I guess Amazons and illuminati already require a suspension of belief but farthrowing in Sherlock Holmes is taking a bit too far

maxd01maxd01over 9 years ago
Death in the family

I have read this a number of times and each time I get to the part where 'they had a death in the family' I have not been able to figure out who died and how. I want to say it was mentioned a second time in a later chapter but not with much detail. I don't see how it fits in with the plot in anyway.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
That pesky death.

The 'death in the family' refers to the passing of a relative in Ulyssa and Nadia Reichmann's family (Aya's teacher and her older sister). They had to travel to South Carolina for the funeral so their 'regular' Sunday three-way with Cáel couldn't take place. That is the reason Cáel is free on Sunday night when Nicole Lawless calls. It was a plot device, nothing more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Twist

Great twist completely took me unawares

A++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
awesome

this really is one of the best wild rides....

RedRheaRedRheaover 8 years ago
This was the kind of development I was hoping for

Now we are getting into the realms of Sci-fi and Fantasy. Memory transfer devices, things that increase lifespan, mentioning of the Illuminati. I honestly never expected this kind of twist and I have to praise your ability for storytelling.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 8 years ago
OMG!

Wow! I'm getting mental whiplash ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I am so glad I made notes while reading this, the twists deliver an almost pleasant whiplash. thank you for your writing.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 5 years ago
Irreverent and enjoyable.

I love the flourishes of poetic nonsense that Cáel utters sporadically. But this, "...To be correct, the guy at the car door was African-American, around my height with maybe 10 kg on me. The two guarding O'Shea were a guy of Moorish decent and a woman of the English Midlands. I knew this because I was afraid and making shit up..." just made me giggle in the midst of all the tension of the scene.

Hilarious stuff!

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 5 years agoAuthor
WretchedMonkey

Thank you. It does my heart good to know I've been able to make others laugh. Thank you and take care.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Whiplash

The plot twists are breathtakingly imaginative.

vintageridervintageriderover 3 years ago
FYI

You wrote;

" Yahweh, Christ, Bacchus (wine, an orgy and 'bull' testicles – long story) and Jehovah all had reasons to barbeque my butt already," and you mentioned Allah in the next paragraph, "In theory, three of the four definitely had the possibility to be the same Omniscient and Omnipotent Galactic Being so the odds were I wouldn't get too much more screwed."

Jehovah is what we get after all the Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English translations of the name Yahweh, so those two are the same deity. Jesus is the English translation of the name of the man that claimed to be Yahweh in human flesh (or Jehovah if you prefer,) which was used as the justification for killing him. The word "Christ" is not a name, it is a title. In Hebrew it means," Messiah" or "Chosen One."

Since both the followers of Bacchus and Allah teach and follow a somewhat difference agenda it would seem more likely that only two of the four have the possibility of being the same Being and, if Jesus is to be believed, they are.

I'm not trying to be contensious but the details that you so delightfully scatter throughout this story are so spot on most of the time that I thought you might like to know.

FinalStandFinalStandover 3 years agoAuthor
vintagerider ...

Ouch! Messed that one up, didn't I? I actually knew the 'Christ' and 'Jesus' nomenclature, but not the Yaweh and Jehovah one. I should have done a tad more research. Hopefully I'll avoid such mistakes later in the tale. Thank you for educating me.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
God is God is God

The God of Abraham, is the God of Abraham, is the God of Abraham.

This is why Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are called Abrahamic. All three look to the same deity. (No matter how much the assorted fanatics claim otherwise.)

YHWH, God and Allah all mean the same thing in their own languages... "God"

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
Pamela's character is superb...

She stands out among all of the women in the story. This is a fun read, although it is difficult to remember who all of the characters are.

vintageridervintageriderabout 3 years ago
Re: God is God is God

This will probably insure my inclusion with the religious fanatics in your mind but I have to take exception to your statement, "YHWH, God, and Allah, all mean the same thing in their own languages... "God."

YHWH in a personal name that identifies one particular deity. In actuality, YHWH is only an approximation of his real name. Deciding his name was too holy to utter, somewhere along the line the ancient Jews decided to omit the vowel sounds and only write down the consonants, making an accurate translation impossible and leaving us today with Jehovah. As good a guess as any I suppose.

You are correct that God means God, but that word is only a title or position indicator, not a personal identifier. In our culture, using an upper case G usually indicates the reference is being made to the God of Abraham, a lower case g would be referring to any number of other gods.

The word Allah is not a name, it is actually two words jammed together which mean "The God." Islam identifies Allah as the moon god, one of over 200 who were worshiped in Mecca, hence the crescent moon on their flags. Allah has many titles, but no personal name.

You are again correct in that Jews and Christians supposedly worship the same God (or at least give lip service to him) but you don't have to dig very deep to see that the historical agenda of the followers if Islam is very different than that of the followers of Allah. Islam is a peaceful religion only in the belief that surrendering to Allah's will can you find peace, anyone who hasn't is an infidel and is fair game! This is not the message of the God of Abraham and since he clearly told Moses "I am the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, I never change," I find it difficult to see how Allah and Abraham's God can be one and the same.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 3 years agoAuthor
vintagerider ...

... no problems. While Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all called Abrahamic faiths, I too find it difficult to see them all being the same faith at their root despite what doctrine might teach.

I knew Christ was a title, but was unaware of the basis for the Crescent Moon symbolism in Islam. Thank you.

No internal fanatics were incensed by the writing of this acknowledgement. :D

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Every time I read this chapter I always have the same problem, why in hell Pamela didn't say protocol for his father ? They just been told that his mother was illuminaty had she know who or more to the point what his maternal grandfather was so she know that is Ishara ancestry need to come from his father family. To just go and say he's not covered by it make no sense.

Even the first time I read this chapter without knowing what is coming I was asking myself that question, make no sense she faster than that to think in the rest of the story.

I always come back to the point that you did it so what come next could for the story plot nothing else.

Sly

wdhill2wdhill2almost 3 years ago

Sly, I kinda think that it was more that Cael didn't think about it. The Amazons were more focused on Cael and totally forgot that his father was the elder of House Ishara, you know, the whole he's just an outsider male. His father hadn't joined Havenstone so it's kind of, oops forgot about you having a male sire that could also be considered Amazon after the original reveal.

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Sometimes I just want to scream or smack you. Jokes are fine until it’s constant then they become a bummer. Every time someone asks his name it’s something stupid. It’s not funny or cute. He can use humor to defuse and/or lighten situations but every sentence is a joke. It’s tiresome.

FinalStandFinalStandover 2 years agoAuthor

2Reader

Ummm ... I apologize? I do. I mean, it wasn't my intent to upset the reader ... especially in this fashion.

James aka FinalStand

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Sorry to all the commentators but i do not jump into the depths of the religions but love to weave with the stories path!

Geon54Geon54almost 2 years ago

"His death was necessary for peace with the Illuminati, thus peace with all the other factions," Pamela related.

I've always wondered why Cael didn't jump on that with "Factions? What factions?", not to mention "What the hell is the Illuminati?!" but I guess its just a bit of shell shock. 2 HUGE paradigm shifts in 2 days can be tough on a guy, lol.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Wow!!!!!

That was a lot to take in and sort out.

The story just got better

5/5

Ravey19Ravey1912 months ago

Now I'm lost. What mess is Cáel tied up with now?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I love the whole story, great dialogue & great immagination!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5306 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES