All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 43'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very very nice

Love the tidying up of the Thai situation, and welcome Mom! We finally get to see how this works!

Happy you're back in the saddle, and hope the words continue to flow for you.

thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Love it

Can wait to see how his mom fits in to his life now . loved the he know anais will be back can wait for the next one.

cliuincliuinover 8 years ago
Love it!

Even for Cael this was a real up side turn of events... what will his mom do now ?

G1breelG1breelover 8 years ago
And further down the rabbit hole we go..

FS,

Glad to see the words want to leave your head and move to your fingers again! Great job!!

Now I just have to read this chapter twice more to get all the details straight :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

A nice Christmas present! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks agains FS!

Looking forward to volume 9 on my kindle. When is that being published? I'd preorder if I could.

monkeybones420monkeybones420over 8 years ago
You Bastard

You really had to stop there ? Awesome as always .

DireApostasyDireApostasyover 8 years ago
Great as always

Another great read, but you're a monster for ending on such a fascinating cliffhanger. Now I'm stuck waiting with bated breath for however long it takes for the next chapter!

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
poor Cliff, hung out to twist in the wind

JD, terrific chapter, you continue your fantastic development of this saga with believable action and engaging characters, Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.

Any guesstimate on offering LNH Book 9 for sale?

retread2retread2over 8 years ago
Hanging on by a thread, twisting in the winds of chaos that is Cáel's life.

Out of the park!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another good installment.

I have to say though, I am waiting for the great hunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
best Christmas ever...

Wow really really great read, pissed we meet his mom at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice

thanks for posting enjoy your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a cliffhanger.

As always thanks for the latest addition to life as a new hire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awww cripes

See now you gone an done it. Did you have fun writing that war? Completely unnecessary to the storyline I might add. I enjoyed reading it though. Something about a well executed war brings me joy. Something I did not get to experience in the army since the wars I was involved in were executed like crap. Dig that mom showed up out of nowhere. Looking forward to the next one. How is your progress on your other fantastic projects?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another great addition

Thank you for your amazing work!

This new chapter turned out great. As always eagerly awaiting the continuation. This is easily one of the most engaging works of literature I've read recently and the wait for each new installment always pays off. I hope you will return to the life of cael even after the great hunt, but even if not, I still feel grateful for having the opportunity to read this.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 8 years ago
Non-stop Roller Coaster!

Another one out of the park! Thank you for the wonderful Christmas present!

First Cáel has to deal with the whole Tadêfi giving up her life to have their daughter, and coming to grips with that. Then the fact that the breakup was no breakup. Being tricked into making international political backroom deals that once again send a whole bunch of people to war to die. Then Mommy drops in with a bomb(literally). With only six days left, I am starting to(irrational though it may be) think that this is a huge conspiracy to ensure our intrepid Cáel does not sleep before the great hunt! He seems to be on the wildest longest roller coaster of anyone’s imagination.

I hope all is well with you FS, and thank you once again!

masterhobbesmasterhobbesover 8 years ago
Amazing

Well I did it again. I found another jaw dropping author on here that made me stay up all night. Only problem was IT ENDS ON A CLIFF HANGER. I will suffer until chapter 44. I cannot wait. I love your writing it eats at me.

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyover 8 years ago
wonderful

An excellent peace of work! Keep it up FS :)

sexymomma57sexymomma57over 8 years ago
Five stars

From the first chapter you kept me hooked. I sincerely hope that this story gets finished! I'll be coming back to look for any new updates!

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 8 years ago
another great job bro....

FS you did it again.... great job with the story... been working alot of hours at work and not alot of time digest it the plot twists.. I missed a few things trying to read it on my phone.., 10 stars from me.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it!!

the ending is better than the 'Game of thrones' twists

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Fantastic. ..hooked to this saga

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome

Love this story keep up the amazing work

SnowRevolSnowRevolover 8 years ago
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Had finaly forgotten your awesome stories and checking multi-times a day for an update. accidently open the favorite see update, read and get stuck AGAIN. Sadly we have basicly lost all sex scenes besides it happened lol, But the story is still going great and Strong. and that Cliff Hanger! Damnit now im going to be stuck for months again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

This is one of the best stories I've read on this site or any other in a while. Thank you for the awesome entertainment you provide. Can't wait for the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
any updates?

hope all is well in your world. any updates on where you are on this an other open stories.

shyqashshyqashabout 8 years ago
Quick update

Ch44 is being worked. Don't know when it will be ready, but it hasn't stopped.

mirage111mirage111about 8 years ago
has tedafi kid napped final stand

A new year is here and no word from the author, is he doing well or has the rabbit hole moved on him and he has fallen back in and is trying to slowly crawl his way back out? Any update from the author, just to let us know how he is doing would be great.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
FinalStand here.

The past three months have been pretty shitty for me. I have the edited version of Chapter 44 and have been slowly working on Chapter 45. I simply dread putting out a story when I am this depressed as I don't trust my judgement on whether, or not, the story is crap. My editors are on the ball. I'm the one who is gun-shy. Please be patient.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Patient'R'Us

Take your time and just focus on yourself for now. We won't go anywhere, I assure you :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Please seek treatment if you are not already doing so

Clinically diagnosed depression is not something that can be handled on your own. Exercise and meds are needed to restore brain chemistry back to "normal". Not an issue of will power or emotional fortitude...good luck and get well soon.

NutRanchNutRanchabout 8 years ago
Trust yourself and your support network.

Hey brother, if you ain't picking it up, all of your fans would rather a seriously long wait for the next chapter or story over losing you for good. Springtime & sunshine is just around the corner in your neck of the woods. Be strong my friend

ventureskrsventureskrsabout 8 years ago
Support and pleading

Hey FS,

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm totally hooked on this story. In particular, I can't wait to learn how you will resolve the truly fundamental life and death issue of the killing off of male breeding stock and infants. Please don't retire until you address it.

Thanks

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 44 has been submitted [February 16th, 2016]

Well ... after dithering pointlessly for six weeks, I finally got off my self-pitying ass, manned-up and did my duty aka submitted this chapter. I'm working on 45 right now as well as a few other projects. I've been re-reading Ebb Tide and WMD. Sadly, two of them are not erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
First half of the chapter

was good, then 5 pages of wasted space, except the cliffhanger at the end. On the bright side the half chapter was still better quality than many stories out there so props on that at least.

ILiveToRead44ILiveToRead44over 6 years ago
Wow - so much detail

I can't give up on your story - even though I'm lost most of the time.

For example - I read about the battle of Thailand while following the locations on Google maps. I located most of the town/cities and highways mentioned in the battles so you are keeping the countries and locations realistic. Where I get lost is understanding reasoning behind the actions. Even though I went back and reread the lead up to the event, I still don't understand why the Khanate and US had to stage a mock battle.

I've had to resort to making notes and lists to keep track of stuff. I know illustrations are difficult, but occasionally a few maps would help speed along understanding.

I enjoy the interactions with Aya, but have tired of Raja?? and do my best to skip over their sex.

In spite of my concerns, I keep reading. Thanks for you imagination and the stories it creates. Keep up the good work!

Bob

ILiveToRead44ILiveToRead44over 6 years ago
Correction to "Wow - so much detail"

"I enjoy the interactions with Aya, but have tired of Raja?? and do my best to skip over their sex." should have referenced Rhada not Raja.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continueralmost 6 years ago
Army Linguistics Breakdown.

It might be a good idea to split down what does what and where things go in a modern army.

I understand it from my background and own research, but to most I doubt they'd know the difference between a battalion and a brigade nevermind the specific's between 1st Army 1st infantry, for example.

JC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Seriously?

Even your digressions have segways... it's tiring, boring, uninteresting and a waste of time. You've developed a story that readers have invested a LOT of time in. Fuck it's annoying. Get off your fucking soapbox, and get back to the fucking story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bitch, whine and moan.

I mean, you even told them you could skip 4 pages to get back to Cael and they still fume Guess some people can't appreciate a masterful Taiwan 'Wag the dog' mini-story with fractional counter combatants and a healthy dose of deception and misdirection. And though you kindly bookended the exploration for those with a lesser palate they still bitch.

For me, I think you deserve a whole lot of kudos, the devil is in the details and you made a hell of a counter revolutionary mini.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5299 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES