All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 44 - Extra'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Legends

I imagne, since the weave intersects with the force of legends, the people who come back are more like the living believe them to be, rather than how they truly were. This would explain the very extreme competence they have, which would otherwise be magical in a different way.

slinkkyslinkkyabout 8 years ago
FINISH THIS CRAP!!!!! (sic)

Note to Anonymous, the reason this is still being written is obviously because the author likes it. One important difference between professional writing and amateur writing is that author is doing whatever the heck he wants for his own reasons. Some write to get the attention of an audience, others are just having fun. This guy is clearly having fun weaving a fantasy that has strong points of intersection with the real world's history and present. That takes a lot of effort so it has to be a project of love.

Personally I like this story and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. If you want him to write something else, then it sucks to be you. Fortunately there are roughly seven bajillion stories on the internet so surely one of them will make you happy.

cliuincliuinabout 8 years ago
Next stop is Vietnam,

I can't wait for the 7P to make the mistake of their life ,summoning Tran , they didn't have enough sociapaths with a honor code against them,< Alal( by the 7P threatening Cael) Felix (via the Amazons) and naturaly Temujin just because of his agenda>.

And for you, mister Anonymus #1 , what the fuck crawled up in you ass and died there ? No one put a gun to your head to read the stories. You don't like the story, fine with me, don't read, but don't be an asshole with Tourete syndrome . The people who write on Lit are doing us a gift, expecting from use just some comments and votes, not insults.

audovoiceaudovoiceabout 8 years ago
Highly enjoyable!

I did not know what to think about this chapter titled like it was. I thought it was an update of the reference material. I think to myself why notjust read the whole thing from the start again (and I probably still will).

I am glad I did read it. The part about Felix had me laughing to myself. Also this cleared up a lot of things about the weave. I think some of it should have been covered earlier, but artfully dropping information, balancing a dramatic reveal with being something the audience can follow, all in a work that is still uncompleated. I think it is amazing it works as well as it does, and I know it has to take a lot of dedication, effort, time and talent.

All I can say is I am truly grateful to have something to read that I enjoy this much. To the people that get frustrated with uncompleated works, I get it, but 2 year hiatus or more on a series is not at all unusual in the book world. It sucks but you deal. What sucks more is when a series never gets finished. Angry comments don't help, they hurt. When Niven took 34 years to complete the the ring world series it was extreme, but fans were happy to read it.

Also when you say finish it, I think plotlines are winding down. This is a long form story but it is also a sci-fi story plus a comic romance, plus lots of sex, and that beefs out the word count. The book does not need to be printed out ever. Even if this were edited into an eBook it would not need to be shorter. Is it enjoyable? Then keep reading. I am glad this story is as long as it is, and the author is taking time to finish it right. If there is room for a spin-off, great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thanks FS!

Good background info and I especially like the introduction. Of a new character. I envision E&S vs Vietnam will be a conflict in the future while Cael is off raising his brood.

fanfarefanfareabout 8 years ago
"Death is irrelavant when lives are at stake."

Congrats F_S for this addendum filling in some of the obscure parts of the main LNH storyline. Some readers do seem to get rather perturbed by your POV of Felix's activities. Maybe this will help them with their own perspective of that character.

I am especially pleased with your explanation of the complexity of the Weave and how people interact with it. Why The Four were the ones resurrected. And why, to this point, the 7P have failed to take better advantage of their esoteric knowledge of the basis for existence.

That is a terrific side-story you imagineered for reviving the spirit of Trần Hưng Đạo. With kudos for footnoting the Trưng sisters and Lady Triệu/Triệu Thị Trinh. It will be interesting to see if you decide to interweave this into the main plot.

The two main disagreements I have with your storyline is first. You have not clearly defined the differences between the Han (mainly Northern Chinese & majority of the NatChi force occupying Taiwan) and the Southern Chinese and great majority of Overseas Chinese, which are the basis of the White Lotus Society.

Secondly, ignoring Burma/√Myanmar. As they are the most militarized state in SE Asia. Unpredictable and violent, with a long history of brutal suppression of their minorities as well as invading their neighbors.

And last, but not least, any guesstimates on releasing LNH vol. 9 or Nanites vol. 4 on Amazon?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
First off ...

I have only myself to blame for my production. It is my mind, and my mind alone, that has betrayed me. I've been declining since November. A new group of meds hasn't helped and ... let's just say I hate losing so much ground that took me years to gain. I've cut myself off from most social media, not answered e-mails and otherwise done far too many things that I know makes depression worse. This is ALL on me. I am grateful for all the people who keep nudging me along.

Secondly, I didn't pull the 1st Anonymous's statement. I hope you all know me better than that. I had to look up. It was pulled by Admin and I thank you for it.

Still, to answer that vacant comment: I have been doing the best I can. I have re-worked 3,500 words in One in Ten Chapter 11, gotten nowhere with Ebb Tide 4B, but I've been trying, LNH 45 ~ even though Word hiccupped on me and ate the first 4000 words of that ... ugh ... I've been plugging away for another 7,000 words. When I hit 15,000 words, or so, I'll submit it to the editors.

Trần Hưng Đạo was TOTALLY from a reader's suggestion. I liked it, knew I couldn't work it into the current storyline, but still thought it was a wonderful idea.

Fanfare, I have considered the whole 'Pure Han' situation within the Seven Pillars of Heaven. Pre-7P, there was an organization based on the noble families from the Han dynasty. While 'Han' culture expanded and more natives married into 'Pure' Han families, a hierarchy developed where you went through stages from 'Most Pure (Northern)' to 'Honorary (Southern) Han'. The differences are most pronounced on how high an office you can achieve.

Most, though not all, of the ruling families are from those original Han bloodlines. Over the centuries exceptionally successful 'mostly Pure' households have joined the elite. As an example, if you are from Yunnan, don't expect to get above middle management. To the outside world, the Seven Pillars represent a unified front. They keep their blood prestige bickering in-house. After all, it is hard to recruit new members if they know they are going to be little more than 'butlers'.

A side effect of this is making the Black Lotus strongest in Southern China since they put much less emphasis on how much Han blood you have. This also allows the Black Lotus to be stronger in peripheral China ~ the rest of Southeast Asia and in the non-Han minorities remaining in China proper.

As for Myanmar - that nation is in a shitload of trouble. As of September in the story line, ALL her neighbors are supporting the rebels in some form. Thailand is now 'cool' in their political stance. India and the Khanate are downright cold as in Cold War. All those years of political isolation are coming back to bite them in the ass. The only world power they can appeal to is the PRC - who is in their own world of hurt.

The rest of the planet? Hey, North Korea likes them ... Having kept the UN at bay for decades it is too late now to ask them to interfere. The UN would demand Human Rights actions that will undercut the regime. Off-stage: by November, India and the Khanate will establish 'No-Fly' Zones over the entire periphery of Myanmar with Thailand enforcing one in the South and East while the Khanate enforces another in the North and India enforces one in the West.

Faced with better-trained and far-better equipped rebels along with 'foreign fighters' and 'advisers' the Myanmar army is going to be hard pressed to keep hold of much of anything besides the capital.

Next step - the rebels declare a 'National Government' and ask for official UN recognition. Just like Tibet, it is going to be hard for the UN to find an excuse to not intervene. The PRC has agreed in the terms of the cease-fire to not cast their automatic veto in the Security Council against Indian and Khanate interests.

Oh yeah, and Brazil, Germany, India, Japan and South Africa are pressuring the UN to give them Permanent Seats on the Security Council as well to represent the worlds new economic and geopolitical make-up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ignore all the negative anonymous comments

I will leave this positive comment as anonymous, since that seems to be where all the negativity is coming from.

Let me just start by saying, this story has given me great joy so far. It is well written, funny, imaginative, all in all a good read, and lets not forget, free.

And that's what i think most of the assholes commenting in here forget. We get to read someone elses hard work for free. Critisism is okay, being a dick is not.

I just wanted to say thanks for the ride so far:)

Best regards

(Any errors in writing can be blamed on me being norwegian, sue me)

insomniacfunguyinsomniacfunguyabout 8 years ago
Thank you

I just wanted to thank you Final Stand. I've enjoyed this as well as one in ten, but especially this work. I've loved seeing the evolution of the characters and hope to see the conclusion of what happens between Cael and his family soon (but hopefully not too soon). I look forward to seeing things as they stand after you're done with this story and what you might come up with after a break. I would especially be interested in purchasing this story (as well as one in ten when its done) as a full novel, maybe off of amazon, so I can read it offline.

In short, thank you for the wonderful story that has offered hours of pleasant reading over the course of multiple readings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
To Final Stand

You are an excellent writer please do continue....I understand the battle with depression my own version I deal with is not terrible but it can be extremely difficult to get along. Just know that your struggle is a great part of why your a great writer. I hope reading this will give you some small happiness when the world is crushing in.

Blazing_PheonixBlazing_Pheonixabout 8 years ago
yes Mate Thank You

Thanks for all the great effort you put into the story especially the war, the way you are creating the scenario is exceptional color me I'm Impressed with a capital 'i'

Thanks again mate don't forget to take good care of your Health

How r u doing these days?

Anyways just so you know we all do care about u in our own fictitious way

Take care mate

Your follower:

Blazing_Phoenix

Sayonara

NutRanchNutRanchabout 8 years ago
Wow... Just wow...

Yet again I am awed by the depth of thought you put into your work.I should be used to it by now, even though we have had a couple of really good exchanges, I STILL cannot believe how much back story you create that almost no one ever sees in your work.

Thank you for sharing,

Be well my friend,

Nut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The greatness continues

I am continually in awe of the research done and the real world history that you are able to weave into this story. I can't wait to read any of your future releases even as I continually return to reread Life as a New Hire again and again.

Thanks for all your hard work and know that I have found a huge amount of joy from reading your work, often times even laughing out loud to the surprise of other people in the room.

MuledriverMuledriverabout 8 years ago
Life after the Hunt

I think that I agree that LNH should end after the hunt. (Since Cael won't be a new hire anymore, probation ended).

HOWEVER, the story should continue under a new name.... Then, you can add Trần Hưng Đạo to the cast of characters, and finish with the mythical Lasting Peace. Lol (we all know someone will muck it up...)

Best of luck with dealing with your illness. (And the Word word eaters)

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
Quick update (March 15th 2016)

I've been burning up the keyboard for the past 48 hours. Chapter 45 is up to 17,000 words and I think I will write the last 3,000 tomorrow and submit it to the editors. I've written the ending and have two scenes left in the middle to take care of. Still not sure if I can shoehorn sex in without it seeming forced. I hope the combination of drama and comedy will keep you amused. I'm trying to take better care of myself and since it is 9:44 pm EDT and I have to get the kids ready for school at 6, I'm calling it a night.

P.S. There is bit of 'World' stuff, but I've tried to weave comedy into the geopolitical education. At the last, a 'hat's off' to the Stiúrthóireacht na Faisnéise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I read LNH ages ago & recently discovered you were still adding to it. As our hero would say ... Woot! Timing seems excellent since your last post implies the next chapter may arrive soon. Wonderful news because I'm a such eager little girl & I want it right nooow! (Pout, pout, foot stomp, head-tossing tantrum!)

Impatiently yours,

Nthusiastic

P.S. Not all Anons are nasty; some are just too impetuous to sign in ... c:

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
Update to my Update March 18th 2016

Well ... I started writing and my mind sorta/kinda went off on a tangent so I've passed 25,000 words and still chugging along. I hope the extra-long chapter will be worth the wait. I apologize.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 8 years ago
No worries

I for one seriously do not mind your 'tangents'. So please enjoy yourself! Thanks for the update FS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

Time to get OUT of this RUT! Just Abandon this Story like ALL your other's Stories!!!! GO BACK TO YOUR OLDER STORIES? They were BETTER &LOT MORE INTRESTING!! A Life Not My Own,Christian Sex College::::

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
extrordinary effort

FS is a terrific author. The imagination, background knowledge of mythology,ancient & modern history archaic weapons and combat maneuvers, and character development involved in this production are incredible. This is very reminiscent of one of my favorite authors, David Weber. I would not be surprised if Honor Harrington appeared as a character. Cowboy100

shyqashshyqashabout 8 years ago
CH45 - Spoiler alert

"‘you don’t want to know’ … of course, I don’t. I’m only the elected head of this government. Why would I possibly want to know what acts of espionage and war my deputies are executing?"

Happy Easter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Gotta love it.

I relish the brilliance that is this work.

I also find the whiny b*tch who tries to discourage you from continuing, and going back to other stories, somewhat amusing. It lifts me up that he would truly take the time to come back and read a story he doesn't lke, just to bitch at you afterwards; take it as a compliment to your work...

...and to the whiny b*tch...please remove yourself from the gene pool. Make the world a brighter place.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentabout 8 years ago
Thanks for the Easter egg Shy!

Was hopping to read chapter 45 this fine morning. Second best is knowing it is in your hands and soon on it's way. A tip of the hat to you for helping FS with this Epic Adventure!

Happy Easter

FinalStandFinalStandabout 8 years agoAuthor
Update March 27th, 2016 - Chapter 45 Submitted.

I've finished all the edits on Chapter 45 ~ 29,000 words and 9 pages. I hope it pops soon. Thank you all.

James

TheGreatBudhaTheGreatBudhaabout 8 years ago
the anticipation builds!

I just finished re-reading the entire LNH story for the 3rd time so hopefully chapter 45 drops soon. As always I loved chapter 44 and the extra submission. Looking forward to the hunt and beyond! Keep up the good work FS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

try this at 1 or 2 am eastern time >

https://www.literotica.com/s/life-as-a-new-hire-ch-45

WisquejacWisquejacalmost 8 years ago
Love to give it a 6 star rating!

I was worried it might be a bit boring but was just as fun as the rest of the story and I learned a bunch. I do hope that a follow up to LNH is in the works if you are finishing it up after the hunt. I love this story and it is one of the few I can always count on being quality storytelling. Thanks for your hard work!

Medic975Medic975about 7 years ago
Concerning Felix

I'd agree with your assessment of him but you never showed your readers these sides of him. Also, there's the whole sold Cael out to the 7P kidnap team thing whether under orders or not its there unless something happens in the next 6 chapters to explain that.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 7 years agoAuthor
Medic975

I agree, I haven't shown the 'brighter' side of Felix - yet.

About the kidnapping: there is no way he would have access to the data about Cáel and Aya's locations and then be able to pull off that complex a kidnapping given the limited time and resources at his disposal. Only people inside of Havenstone would realize this though. 'He's only a male'.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Final stand.

You are the real sh*t.

Your humour, quick wit and interesting storyline is a joy to read...

Geon54Geon54almost 6 years ago
Gumby Lives!

Every time I read this "chapter" and encounter Felix saying "I'm Felix Melena, Damnit!", I can't help but flash on the old, old days of Saturday Night Live (that I'm old enough to have seen Live) with Eddie Murphy in a ridiculous foam rubber Gumby suit shouting: "I'm Gumby, Damnit!"

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Felix is an asshole. I don’t believe he will protect innocent ladies. He will use them up just like he did. Turned his back on his GF to take a shot at Cael. He should be gone or dead. He is worse and has done worse than those others that have disappeared.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 2 years ago

Felix turned over and aided in the 7P capture and torture of Aya and Cael. So even though Katrina set it up Felix never should have participated at a minimum. If he wants to be a Amazon then Felix should hav aided his sister and turned on Katrina and warned Cael and his people.

Sure the kidnap was sanctioned AND WE NEVER FIND OUT WHY OR EVEN THE GOAL. In fact the whole kidnap was wasted space in the book. Well the 7P girl is undoubtedly pregnant and will be used as a pawn.

Still wanting a part 2 as you can’t wrap this entire story up in just 5 days of book time.

StriglitchStriglitchover 1 year ago

Jackspeed2u not to detract from your point about Felix although I do feel that your conclusion is a little iffy but that kidnapping did have a point. To help me make that point I would like to ask you a question how did the Khanate turn from a group of genocidal bioterrorists into something that was a little more palatable to the world? To paraphrase the text it was squarely because of the incident where Cael and Aya got kidnapped.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES