All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 42'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Loved the chapter

Can't wait for 43 even if it is all a side story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Glad you are in better health and thanks for the read. Cael's big day is something me and various others are looking forward to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yay

An unexpected treat. Thanks

soreireisoreireiover 8 years ago
I so love this story.

I have followed this story since it started and cannot say just how much I have enjoyed each chapter! Your style and pacing of the story are truly on the mark. I know that you have put a lot of heart and soul in to writing it, if you need to take time away to overcome anything I think we yours fans can wait with a little patinance for the next chapter. I like a lot of others are waiting with expectation and wild speculation for the day. Be good to yourself and take care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another hit

I will be honest i started reading chapter 1 the day you posted it. With little hope of more then something to do on my lunch (and low expectations) damn was i wrong.well here i am chapter 42 and not only still reading but loving every installment. I hop on every day just to see if you have posted. Keep up the great twisted story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank You

My only complaint is this story is not done, and when it is done, that there is not more.

Wanderingaimlessly *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damn

Still amazing, from chapter 1. A story is incredible when the future death of a character actually resonates inside your chest. Thank you for all of the stories you make, they are all incredible and I was ecstatic when I saw chapter 42.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SUCCESS!!!

SUCCESS!!! FUCKING SUCCESS!! This is an awesome story, and keeps being one. Thank you, brother.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 8 years ago
Wow

Just Wow! I mean, that was well worth the wait. This story just continues to deliver even as the World you have created and Cáel change. Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

Once again you've done a masterful job of weaving a complicated yet plausible tapestry in this reality. The dinner with Chaz was comedic nirvana, I laughed heartily. I look forward to the next chapter. Have a great holiday season.

Wolf_Man_1962

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 8 years ago
Like the story...

But I hope it ends soon before it goes on to long.

SnowRevolSnowRevolover 8 years ago
Sometimes the Wait is worth it.

Luckily for me that was true this time :) Too often the waits never end or the continuation after a long/decent break for the author lose all the essence of the story because they and their reality have changed to much. Thank you for keeping both the soul and the story going well. Enjoy your Holidays and Keep Well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I disagree

don't end it too soon. ignore the comments that u have to end it. i like the correct world event parts. they have a lot of correct details in them n adds to the story a lot if u have travelled to those places.

their number with the personal story is correct.

PS- if continuing with ur pace. u should be around 30,000 words already or soon.

let us know when u submit to literotica/ send for editing so we check based on that.

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 8 years ago
Another great chapter

You have done it again bro...... great chapter... stay strong bro we are here for you

StormtouchedStormtouchedover 8 years ago
Love this

Another great chapter. Once you finished ( in another 100 chapters I hope ) please put this up for sale on Amazon so I can buy it

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 8 years ago
RE: Stormtouched

There are already 8 volumes of Life As A New Hire available on Amazon which covers chapters 1-40.

danimedrdanimedrover 8 years ago
Awesome story!

Can't wait for the next chapter, of this awesome story. Keep up the good work.

Edhawk64Edhawk64over 8 years ago
Great chapter.

Really enjoying this, thanks for sharing this wonderful story. Please keep the chapters coming, no need to end it anytime soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks again, FS!

Many people are aware that the stories are available on Amazon, but if you don't, go check it out and support FS if you can. Each book is several chapters put together. I've bought them because it's really nice to have them on my kindle app to reread wherever I happen to be without having the big XXX at the top of the webpage. Heh. Besides, I want to support FS so he'll have more time to writing than working a 9to5 job.

FS, this story is just plain fun and entertaining. You've given me hours of happiness following Cael's adventures. I'm also enjoying the Nanites series.

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyover 8 years ago
thank you

Hi FS, thanks for the new chapter!

StormtouchedStormtouchedover 8 years ago
Thanks

rivertouched I'll get them

pravzypravzyover 8 years ago
Awesome

..awesome... & some more awesomness... Let them keep coming.... Stay blessed and healthy .F.S

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love the story

I really love this story, but I will admit that the macro story is starting to overtake everything. I really enjoy the micro story of his personal interactions quite a bit more.

Fantastic writing and a really solid story. Your writing style is exceptionally clean and I really hope you working toward becoming a full on published writer (if you aren't already).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks FS

Thanks for such a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You out there Finalstand?

When you posted this one you were at 26k words with your target at 30k. that was about a month ago. any updates?

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Still here ...

Life has sucked. The past month and half I've been pretty screwed up. I have been lousy at replying to e-mails, written nothing but crap and pretty much been down on myself for not good reason. I'm working on Chapter 43 right now. I had an epiphany last night - at 12:30 am ... so I'm just getting back to it now (at 9:34 pm) because I do my best writing past 8 o'clock. Considering I haven't put a word to page in five days ... I'm past hopeful. I'm praying. Thanks for asking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stay Strong

Know you have been having some difficulties. Take care of yourself and your family. Thank you for being so generous with your talent. Virtual hug of appreciation coming your way.

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
LNH Chapter 43 Finished (Dec. 7th, 2015)

Chapter 43 has gone to the editors tonight. It is a really big one at 32,131 words ~ eleven pages or so. It may take some time for my editors to send me the edits and for me to finish the final edits. It shouldn't take too long. Thanks for your patience. Still no progress on Ebb Tide 4B though.

praitorianlord11praitorianlord11over 8 years ago
sweet

Finalstand, thank you for the awesome stories! Any word on 1 in 10?

tex4tgtex4tgover 8 years ago
Hope your doing good

I tell ya stand .One hell of a story teller .Love this story think it would make a hell of a mini series .

shyqashshyqashover 8 years ago
Ch43

Just a teaser:

“Mamitu. Find it in yourself to forgive Ishara, and then you can forgive yourself,” she smiled.

AmmononAmmononover 8 years ago
CH 43 Teaser

“Pamela, give it a rest,” I sighed. “Anais has decided to stop sleeping with me. We are trying to part on amicable terms.”

“She’s giving up that dick? I don’t think so,” Pamela shook her head.

cloudwolf0983cloudwolf0983over 8 years ago
I am curious fs

Who would you say Cael is comparible to in terms of character development...personally...I think he reminds me of Mat Cathon from the wheel of time series..which before anyone slams me for comparing FS' work to another author's...bare in mind that I find the wheel of time series to be one of best examples of modern high fantasy..so in my opinion, I feel that comparing one of the best erotic fantasy characters to one of the best characters from such a story to be a compliment...anyways, I just feel that cael's antics..his reluctance to be the hero, yet his selfless determination and personal honor..and his ability to charm the ladies is closer to the roguish character of Mat Cauthon, rather then the tragic main such as Rand..and if anyone has no clue what the wheel of time is...sorry...

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
cloudwolf0983, thank you very, very much.

I've never read the Wheel of Time series, but I feel honored that you would compare my efforts with one of your favorite fictions.

Cael is difficult for me to describe. I guess he is a man in transition. At the start, he is a free-wheeling, independent, self-indulgent young man. He sees himself as a man who has never had to make hard decisions in his life, ignoring his desire to better himself after that High School disaster.

He is a 'live and let live' kind of guy dealing with situations that don't allow that level of moral flexibility. In some ways, he is rather childish. That ANYONE considers him reliable in a crisis appalls him yet he won't shy away from what he feels needs to be one. I guess that means he is a man growing into a Man.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 8 years ago
All I want for Christmas

{sings) All I want for Christmas is chapter 43

chapter 43

chapter 43

All I want for Christmas is chapter 43

and I would have a Merry Christmas!

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Chapter 43 is Here

I have submitted Chapter 43 and it is 10 pages long. I apologize for the delays. Now on to Chapter 44.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Merry Christmas!

That's a nice unexpected present. You have been giving us so much all year long, thank you very much indeed. I wish you happy holidays and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 8 years ago
There IS a Santa !

Woot!

Thanks FinalStand for the granted Christmas wish. I feel like a kid waiting to unwrap his gift again, and that's something I haven't felt in many a moon. So I thank you kind Sir, and wish both you and yours a truly Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Cloudwolf0983 is right

Cael does remind me of all the things I like about Mat,who was my favorite character in that series. FS, this story is amazing. Please keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I agree with some

I think they're right, honestly you shouldn't drag the story "too" far along, though don't end it too soon either as nobody likes a rushed ending (though they do appreciate at least having an ending). I'm rather curious why Cael doesn't have a vehicle by now, that whole cyclist thing should've gone out the wayside the moment his life got flipped upside down and he's in constant danger. If not him driving, he should've been issued a vehicle or something by now, not that it's a huge factor in the story though since he does love being in those clothes and Havenstone (especially Brielle and her elevator buddy) loves it as well. Regarding chapters like these, the only, and I do mean only good thing I can say about them is at least they are faster to read since there's so much rubbish to skip through, so I thank you for that at least. Your best chapters are the ones dealing with the actual story, you know, the one with Cael and the amazons and friends and their direct interactions. NOT this war history stupidity the story is turning into over time. I know you and some others in here love history and that's great, but it's ruining your story at the same time as you're losing focus, introducing too many concepts, people etc and it's becoming more about UN talks and the like rather than Cael and the amazons that made so many of the earlier chapters enjoyable. Another thing that I didn't understand was why you neglected Hana and Onnela so much despite her being his official fiance, and him loving children? We love and adore Aya, you've done amazing work there, but it honestly surprises me you didn't do anything at all for a first meeting with her daughter or have any written interactions with her and Cael which was disappointing. On to the next chapters, and hoping that you've started turning the story back to something worth reading, will let you know by the time I finish chapter 46, not that I expect you to care since I've written a negative (albeit truthful) comment about your work. You write well but just not a fan of where you've taken the story with regards to all the warring, it could've been so much better.

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

I read and take to heart every comment made about my stories. I don't always agree. I don't have to. I know I am not going to make everyone happy. I do know my stories are made better by criticism though. I worry about 'losing my way' in a tale. I delete way more than I publish because I feel some things, while I like writing about them, won't contribute to the story. I do feel I've short-changed some relationships in the process. I sometimes have to balance where I want to take the story, those relationships and how far beyond 15,000 word in a chapter I want to go. In the end, its my tale and my call to make.

I do thank you for your comments and if you wish to comment me through feedback with your ideas and critiques, I'll do my best to respond.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
FinalStand

Please, lose your way! Take this story wandering from NYC to the Black Sands. Your characters are quite engaging, so let your pen (well, keyboard) fly. I have no idea where this is going, but feel privileged to ride along. Thank you. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Two things..

While I absolutely adore this story and your writing, there's two things that lead me to skipping huge chunks of the second half.

Odette, at first I thought she was comic relief, but in the second half she kind of gets... Shoe horned into the plot for no real reason, I'd get it if it somehow deepens the characters but it effectively changes nothing while leaving me scratching my head, these bad ass secret murdering cult females, who HATE outsiders and HATE weakness, somehow get along with odette who has no discernible skills or purpose. Im not trying to take a dump on the character, she was actually one of my favourite characters from the first half.

Secondly, Cael is kind of bi polar in the second half, flip flopping between childish obnoxious and emotional Marianas trench, and while this worked really well in the first half, I'm not quite sure how to take him telling literally every single person he meets everything. Meets up with anyone? Hey lemme tell you about this super secret female secret society for secret murderers that I'll explain in detail for no reason.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it, or it's not clicking with me, like I said I adore this story, it's by far my favourite on this site and one of my favourite online. Your world is amazing and I hope I don't come off rude, but I know personally I appreciate it when people give feedback on my stories.

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

I too appreciate comments and read them all though I've been slack in responses recently.

Odette ... she is like the adorable kitten whose neck they would throttle at a moments notice if it wasn't for three things.

It would upset Cael who just might figure out who really did it ...

Katrina, who would figure out who did it ...

and ...

Pamela who would kill said assassins in a quite memorable way. Pamela scares the fuck out of people ... who aren't Cael, or Odette. She WAS the most lethal Amazon killer of the 20th century and retired in her early thirties. Think about that.

She figured out how to kill Alal in a semi-permanent manner so her threat comes as much from a cerebral arena as any physical one. She adores Cael and really likes Odette and Chaz ... and those who matter give those three forbearance because of that.

Katrina is capable of playing mind games with Alal and the best the Seven Pillars have to offer.

In that light, reconsider how people react to the 'adorable kitten' called Odette. Chaz has proven his personal lethality and Cael is favored by the Goddesses and Ancestors, so they have their own excuses for being allowed within the world of these otherwise secretive people and Odette has Pamela.

As to why Odette is there ... sometimes Cael needs a reminder sometimes about what is good in Humanity and a true, uncompromising friend.

As for Cael being bi-polar ... that could be because I'm bi-polar and toward the end of this story, this shown through more than I would have liked. Also, this was a seriously stressful time in Cael's life - the guy who barely took any responsibility for his own life was suddenly responsible for thousands of lives, if not tens of millions of deaths and displacements. That was a tough thing for him to deal with and it expresses itself in the occasional lapse into his old, childlike behaviors - or so I would hope it would come across that way.

I hope this helps and take care,

James aka FinalStand

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 3 years ago

I get this bad feeling that I have just been briefed on the Thailand situation that is happening right now in March of 2021. Sad...

FinalStandFinalStandabout 3 years agoAuthor

OldHideki ...

... God, I hope not. Civil Wars are horrific.

AchromicbethelAchromicbethel10 months ago

Damn you for making me care so much for your characters that I shed tears fir them

skippersdadskippersdad8 months ago

Damn Another great chapter, you put so much emotion into your characters. nicely done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5292 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES