Life Changers Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Standing in the middle of the kitchen, Ella regretted not knowing the children a little better. She conceded to using the intercom and inquiring on a menu preference. After Connor had made the suggestion, which was more of a decision, she moved through the room and collected the items she needed.

"Mac and cheese and hotdogs," she mumbled. "A lifetime supply of fat, carbs and preservatives in one meal. Just what every baby needs."

"Then feel free to put your creative skills to work," Connor replied as he walked in with both children in his arms. "But trust me when I tell you that I know what my kids like."

"Of course, they like it, Connor," she snapped as she prepared the meal. "Just like I love sugar in my coffee, but sometimes you've got to choose what's better for you over what you want."

She watched him load the boys into their seats and fasten the safety buckles.

"Well," he groaned, shaking his head. "This isn't going well at all."

The impact of his words struck Ella with a force that sent the dishes she held dropping to the counter. While nothing was broken, the sound startled everyone in the room.

"Are you ok?"

Ella nodded as she grabbed the bowls before they rolled to the floor. Swallowing several times, she tried to find the words that would make him be quiet and remain on his side of the room. True to his nature, he did the exact opposite.

"Ella," he said as he turned her to face him.

She could tell the minute he saw the tears in her eyes. With a horrified look, he began checking her hands, arms, and legs as he searched for signs of burns or cuts. When he found none, he shook his head.

"Ella, are you ok?"

"I'm sorry," she managed to say with a sob. "Please don't make me..."

She was only able to mouth the word 'go.'

"Ella, baby, look at me." He placed his hands on the sides of her face. "Look at me."

Wishing she could do anything but that, she took a deep breath and glanced up. Even if she had not been concerned about screwing up earlier, she was convinced that she had now. No trace of his earlier humor remained.

"Why would I make you leave?" he asked quietly.

"Because I was arguing with you about the boys' lunch."

"Were you arguing or were you stating a very basic fact? We're probably going to clash over quite a few things in the next few decades. I expect you to still be around when we're finished, even if you have to knock me down on my ass a few times."

"But upstairs, you seemed so...like maybe you'd changed your mind about me."

"After last night, I promise you I haven't, but I'm worried that you might need to think about it some more."

"Why?"

"Please. Can't we wait until after we put the boys down for their naps?" Connor asked.

Nodding in agreement, Ella turned back to the counter and prepared the bowls. She carried them to the table, relieved to find Connor dominating the conversation. From pissed to pissy, she was unable to settle on a decent mood. Finally, she realized that she was embarrassed.

Without further discussion, she prepared a sandwich with a side of vegetables for Connor and herself. Yes, she wanted mac and cheese. No, she would not be eating any and, because misery loves company, neither would Connor. Frowning at the plate placed in front of him, he choked on his sigh and dug into the sandwich.

"I don't like carrots," he complained.

"Well, they like you," she replied as she crunched a stick with emphasis. "Sorry."

She stopped chewing when he looked at her, then at the children and finally back to her. At first, he had appeared irritated but now he looked more mischievous.

"What?" she demanded.

"Ryan was right," he answered with a shrug, "You've got teeth."

"So why do I feel like I might need to sharpen them soon?"

"You're so smart," he answered as he reached for a carrot. "You'll need them to survive this family."

"Is that all?"

"Nope."

"Then what?"

"I told you to quit apologizing for everything. I'm gonna fix that."

"How?"

Grimacing as he chewed the vegetable, Connor swiped the last one from his plate and placed it against her lips. He grinned as she pressed her lips together in a tight line.

"You'll know when it happens."

Gasping at his response, Ella opened her mouth and was surprised to feel the small bite pushed between her lips. Before she could debate his tactic, Connor leaned across the table and kissed her hard.

"Connor." She laughed and pulled away to chew her newly acquired food.

"Daddy," Josh corrected.

"Mama," Danny announced as though he had invented the word.

"Let's get these kids to bed." He watched the boys for a second, "Mama."

Ella followed Connor as he carried both boys to their room. She knew she was smiling like an idiot but she was happy and smiling was what happy people did. Or so she had heard. Surprised at how agreeably the boys accepted naptime, she watched Connor put each boy in his bed before she spoke.

"Have a sweet dream for me, Josh," she whispered as she knelt beside him. "And when you wake up, I'll come back so you can tell me all about it."

She watched his expression as he contemplated her words. It was painful to see doubt settle on his young face.

"I promise," she added and kissed his cheek.

After he nodded, she moved to the crib but found little Danny drifting to sleep. Repeating her gestures from the previous night, she kissed her fingers and laid them on his cheek. She walked to the door as Connor checked the intercom panel.

"Why do I think you were telling Josh something more than what you said?"

Ella walked away from him as she tried to compose her words.

"I know he's young and I know I'm not a psychologist, but I also know what it's like to have somebody and then not have them. It traumatizes a kid. I want him to know that I'll be here."

Connor caught up to her as she approached the stairs. Wrapping his hand around her wrist, he led her down the hallway instead.

"It's time to show you some of the house," he explained when she gave him a questioning look. "It'll be your home. While we all pitch in, you'll sort of have command of it."

Excited to receive a private tour of the mansion, Ella slipped her fingers through his and followed his lead. After a quick view of Ryan's room, she discovered that Connor intended only to show her where the main rooms were located. He appeared to be less concerned with the art, vases, and figurines that resided in each.

After a quick tour of the second-floor suites, she followed him in confusion as he led her to the third floor.

"I thought your suite was the only space up here," she commented when they reached the landing. "Connor, are you trying to get me back in your bed?"

"No, the third floor was originally an attic but we had it converted for additional living space. There's something I need to show you."

Rolling her eyes, Ella was relieved that he was unable to see her disappointment. The cold reception to her flirting hurt more than the lingering tingle between her legs. Just when she thought she had escaped his inspection, Ella was surprised to find Connor watching her.

"You know, I didn't think I would be the one struggling to adjust," he mumbled.

Waiting for him to explain his words, she dropped her gaze and looked around her. They were now standing in a hall surrounding by white paneled walls with no doors or windows; or so she thought.

"This," Connor explained as he pressed his hand against a depression in the molding, "is the access to what remains of the attic."

In amazement, she stepped back as the wall transformed into a doorway. The previously dull panel receded behind the wall revealing a six-inch gap into the room.

"To open the door, you simply place your hands on it and slide it to the left. It's basically a barn door design."

After he mimicked the motion, Connor returned the panel to its original place and stepped aside.

"Now you try."

Shrugging her shoulders, Ella stepped forward, touched the section and slid the door to the left. She was surprised how easily the portion of the wall had moved away, granting her access to the room beyond. If she could speak her mind, she would tell him that she was more surprised by his interest in this feature over everything else in the house.

"Go ahead," he said as he stepped through the doorway. "Ask me why I care about a room where people typically store old junk."

"Well..." She stopped when lights illuminated the space.

"Because it's not a room used to store old junk," he explained.

Spinning on her toes, Ella surveyed the space around her. Approximately the size of Connor's suite, this area was furnished as a bedroom with a small sitting area. A refreshment zone, complete with a mini fridge and microwave, was nestled in the corner under the eaves. It was beautifully furnished with dark wood furniture and cream-colored linens. In addition to a plastered ceiling, textured wallpaper glistened with iridescent designs. Several large pillows were scattered around the thick rug covering the hardwood floor. Glancing across the room, she found the answer to the question she had lacked the bravery to voice.

Where do three men and a woman find the space to have a foursome? On a bed that appeared to be the width of two king size mattresses. Noticing how the quilt and pillows fit the size perfectly, she wondered how the explanations for this special order had been made.

Touching each piece of furniture, she noticed that the intricately carved patterns etched into the headboard matched the designs on every piece. This was not only a custom made room but also a very expensive room.

"We had it made for you."

"Me? Who you just met the day before yesterday?" She smirked. "Connor, this would have taken years. If it was for Gloria, then I will take it and laugh at her misfortune. Just don't lie to me."

"Gloria slept in the space that the boys occupy now. Ryan took a sledgehammer to the walls between her bedroom, closet and sitting room just to remove...what did he call it?...oh yeah, the stench from the room."

"What was this place then?"

"Exactly what you think an attic should be. It was Scott, obviously, who saw an opportunity."

"You worked out the schematics and Ryan, oh my god, had to sell this idea to some craftsmen."

"Wouldn't you love to have been a fly on the wall when he gave the specs to the seamstress?" Connor asked with a laugh. "But you're correct, of course. I drew the details and tried to include luxury and avoid..."

"Being scary."

"Did I come close?"

"You won the trophy."

"Are you still scared?"

"About being with the three of you? No. About why I'm not scared of that? Yeah. You have to admit, I'm pretty..." she paused, waving her hands as she struggled to find the right word.

"Perfect."

"Oh my god, the expectations..."

"Have been surpassed already," he interrupted.

"So, do I move up here?"

"No," he answered quickly. "Not unless you want to but the place doesn't even have a window."

"Why is that?" she asked, and flinched when she saw his eyebrow cocked. "Oh, yeah, I guess there are some things that shouldn't be seen."

"Not that it would be easy to see in here, but we thought it might provide a better space to relax."

"Relax?"

"Maybe not the best choice of words, but I feel like I'm walking on thin ice, Ella."

"Why?"

"Why? Seriously? This has been so rushed and we're all amazed that you're still here."

She quietly watched him as he ran his fingers through his hair and looked around the room. She was about to ask how this room could have built for her while at the same time everything had been rushed but stopped when he finally started talking again.

"In addition, this space could be considered a safe room. We will keep water and non-perishables here. Obviously, if you ever felt threatened, you and the boys could hide here. We did have the walls soundproofed and the door locks..."

"You mean like a panic room?" She asked before he could show her the lock. "Is that necessary?"

"We've never had a problem with intruders, but just because it's never happened, it doesn't mean that I will take any chances with my family."

"The boys are lucky to have you. I'm a little envious."

"You don't need to be, Ella," he said quietly. "Anyway, because of our intentions for this room, obviously, it's not my first choice for the children. Let's go downstairs and I'll show you..."

His words were cut off by a loud buzzing sound. Walking to the intercom panel, Connor tapped an icon and spoke,

"Yeah."

"Deliveries for Ms. Sinclair."

"Thank you. Bring them to the main house." He turned to her. "We'll finish the tour some other day. Let's see if we can get to the front door before he rings the damn bell."

Following as fast as she was able, Ella lost sight of Connor as he hurried down the stairs. When she finally reached the bottom step, he grinned at her with his hand resting on the front door handle.

"Do you remember what I said to you this morning when I dressed you in that?"

"Uh," she struggled. "Oh, that it was for you?"

"Exactly and while I thoroughly enjoyed the display, which would have only been better if you'd stayed exactly how I'd dressed you, I'm not willing to share the view with anyone else."

Glancing down at the tail of the shirt barely covering her thighs, she grinned at him and sneaked into the adjoining room. Before the delivery person had a chance to reach the doorbell, Connor had opened the door and was greeting him. When the voice trailed away and returned several times, Ella was interested in how many trips he was making.

Sneaking a peek around the corner, she gasped when she saw the number of packages on the floor. Certainly, they were not all for her. Before she could return to hiding, she caught Connor's glare. She leaned her head against the wall and wondered what she had done wrong. Being poor did not make her an idiot. She may not have enjoyed online shopping sprees in the past but she had been able to order items without multiplying quantities or any other errors.

"Now you can come out, you bad little girl," Connor announced after he shut the door.

"Connor, I swear, I have no idea what all of this is. Maybe it's not all mine."

"It is."

"Oh my god," she groaned. "I don't know what I happened. Ryan had some things in the cart and I bought shoes."

"Scott. That's what happened," he answered as he lifted small packages and placed them in her arms. "You said you ordered shoes and he went behind you and changed that."

"Why?"

"Because he has gay tendencies."

"He's not gay!"

"I said he has gay tendencies. It's ok though because if was left up to Ryan and me, you'd be naked, which isn't a bad thing either."

With loaded arms, they walked towards her room leaving the majority of the delivery lying in the foyer.

"I'll find what I need and return the rest."

"You'll do no such thing," he demanded as he laid the packages on her bed. "This is nothing compared to what we want you to have."

"Then why did you call me a bad girl?"

Connor unloaded the bags and boxes from her arms, turned her, lifted her shirt and slapped her ass.

"Because I told you that this was for me and you still looked around the corner."

Ella jerked against the unexpected contact but was amazed at how quickly her body responded to his touch. Trying to control her breathing, she was torn between leaving the room and begging him for more. Was she turning out to be one of those girls?

"My sweet Ella," he said as he pulled her back against his chest. "Resisting you today has nearly killed me. I almost wish last night hadn't been your first time."

"If it's the reason why we're not in bed, then I do, too."

Pressing closer to his body, she sighed when her spine nudged the proof that he was also effected. Feeling his hands move from her hips to her thighs, she rotated her bottom but was unable to reach her target. With a surge of bravery, she grasped his hand and pulled it between her legs. Once there, she was no longer certain what to do, but she was thankful that he did.

"Hmm," he whispered in her ear. "You're wet, my sweet Ella. Do you like it when I spank you?"

Mesmerized by the sensations his single finger was creating against the dampness of her panties, Ella pondered his question. Did she like it?

"No." She shook her head. "I just like it when you touch me."

Spreading her legs, she was relieved to feel his hand cup her mound. He would eventually pull away, she knew it, but for this moment, she had him completely wrapped around her.

"I'll remind you of those words when you're begging for a break."

Ella looked over her shoulder and raised her lips to him but before she kissed him, she could not resist one last tease.

"Maybe, and then I'll apologize. Then again, maybe not, and you'll just have to provide more."

They kissed in a gentle meeting that required no movement or demands. It was a simple gesture that a casual observer might have thought lacked passion. However, she was learning something about him and even more about herself.

Her fear that he was having second thoughts was put to rest. Without a doubt, he wanted her in his home, in his life and in his bed. Astounded that the facts thrilled her, Ella deepened the kiss and felt his resistance build. Aside from the concern of hurting her if they made love again, there was clearly another barrier; one that she vowed to be patient until he trusted her enough to share.

Ending the kiss, she stepped out of his arms toward the packages on her bed. With the knowledge that her men had wanted this and more for her, she started to feel like a child at Christmas. Where to start?

"I'll bring the others in while you take care of this," Connor announced as he left the room.

Ella looked the packages again. Garment bags and boxes of different sizes and shapes appealed to her curiosity. Lifting one small box, she rolled her eyes when she noticed the recipient's name.

"This one is yours," she informed Connor when he returned with another armload.

Taking the box from her, he read the label and grinned. He opened the nightstand drawer, pitched the box inside, and closed the drawer.

"Actually, it's yours, but I thought it best to send it to me so you wouldn't open it and freak out."

"What is it?"

"We'll open it when the time is right."

"I wish you weren't so secretive."

"Oh, Ella, you'll definitely thank me later. What's that?" he asked when he saw her staring at a large envelope.

"Oh, sorry. I think it's...it's another one for you," she said, cringing at the high-pitched sound of her voice.

After placing the envelope in his hands, she turned toward her task and started unpacking garments in haste. She hoped she was making all of the satisfactory sounds that would be expected from such lavish treatment. Struggling to focus, Ella looked and touched in hopes that something would stimulate her senses enough to forget the sender's name.

Her hearing was overly sensitive but betrayed her when the sound of the security strip being ripped from the envelope echoed through the room. Fear gripped her as she waited. Any doubts she had about the animosity of the sender were silenced by Connor's string of curse words.

"What the fuck is the bitch trying to do?" he roared.

Attempting to appear nonchalant, Ella turned to face him but stopped when she saw his face. If she had needed confirmation of what he looked like when he was angry, she was getting it now. Maybe angry was too civilized; he looked furious.

"Something wrong?" she asked with a squeak.

Waiting for his response, Ella watched him read the document page by page and then read it again. She turned away deciding that he was either ignoring her or had not heard her. With an armload of new lingerie, she moved to the chest.