Life on Another Planet Ch. 19-22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've got the bike with me. Why don't you come to my place and I'll introduce you to Eve. We won't have much privacy, but I think I can survive until Friday."

"Spoilsport!" she said, but finished with a smile. "I'd like to meet the esteemed doctor. After all, my brother and his best friend are both going to be doctors in the future. We can fold down the back seat and probably get the bike in there until we get to your apartment building.

"Let's do it then."

Jesse called Eve to let he know he was bringing Candice to meet her. Eve was pleased that he was thoughtful enough to give her some warning of a guest. She was also interested that Jesse wanted her to meet this new girl in his life. That was a first.

It was a difficult fit, but Jesse was able to get about 80% of the bike into the back of her car, good enough for the short ride to his building. Candice was a careful driver and he had no concerns about the bike falling out and getting damaged, especially since he had a firm grip on the handlebars from his front seat.

"Hi, Eve. I'd like you to meet Candice Tanner. Candice, this is Doctor Eve Mikeska, my guardian and landlady," Jesse smiled.

"Hello, Candice," Eve smiled warmly. "It's nice to meet you."

"Hello, Dr. Mikeska. Nice to meet you too," Candice said shyly.

"Candice's brother and his friend are both studying medicine and planning to open a clinic in Cranbrook, their hometown," Jesse said.

"Oh, that's very ambitious for two young practitioners," Eve said in surprise. "They must be able to secure financing for that."

"Yes, my parents are going to help them get set up when they finish their residencies," Candice said proudly.

Eve smiled. "They are very lucky. Most young doctors come out with a big load of student debt to pay off. Your brother and his friend will really benefit from your parents' generosity."

"Well, Mom and Dad made sure they wouldn't have that problem," Candice added. "As long as they kept their grades up, they wouldn't have any debt."

"Oh my, that is very generous indeed," Eve exclaimed.

"Yes. My agreement is different. I have my costs looked after as long as I keep up my grades too, but my destination is my parents' business. They operate a service station and automobile repair facility. They're the biggest and most modern in Cranbrook, and that includes the new car dealers," Candice announced proudly.

"Candice is working in a tire distributor this summer, but will be working with computers that are used in troubleshooting next summer," Jesse added.

Candice nodded. "Diagnostic computers are essential to correctly identify problems in newer cars. I want to know all I can about them, so the summer job will be a big opportunity."

"I'm impressed, Candice," Eve said. "You really have a clear path to your future all planned out. That's a very good thing, in my opinion."

"Thank you, Doctor," Candice smiled shyly.

"It's Eve when I'm not in the office, Candice. We aren't too formal around the home, are we, Jesse?"

"No ... but I think Candice already knows that. I always refer to you as Eve unless it's someone I don't know."

"How did you two meet?" Eve wondered.

"I'm in Jesse's night school class. I liked what I saw and then I heard he played baseball. So one evening I just happened to be near the ballpark and stopped to see him play. He's really good, too. Anyway, I kind of sucked up my courage and introduced myself when I heard he didn't have a girlfriend. I figured I'd better get in line quick before some other girl got there first," she grinned.

"Good for you, Candice. And good for Jesse too, I'd say," Eve said with a smile.

Candice stayed for a few more minutes, admiring the apartment and the view of the city in the evening. The three exchanged more small talk until Candice announced it was time for her to go. Both she and Jesse had work and school the next day. Eve thanked her for stopping by and invited her to come again.

"She's quite nice, Jesse, and very attractive too. I'm not surprised you'd be interested in her," Eve smiled slyly.

"She surprised me. She asked me for a date before I had a chance. I think all the guys on the team are envious again. They thought Kirsten was something else, but Candice doesn't exactly pale in the shadows."

Eve laughed. "No, she certainly doesn't. Quite a spectacular young lady indeed. But it does raise a question. What about Kirsten? Is she out of the picture now?"

Jesse shrugged. "I haven't heard a word from her in weeks, Eve. After I told her my story, she must have been spooked and said she needed some time. Well, it's been two months and she hasn't even spoken to me. I realize she had that tryout camp sometime this summer, but I haven't seen her in the exercise room at all. I'm assuming she's decided that she can't handle what I've told her about me and that's it for us."

"I'm surprised, Jesse. I know that Kirsten was very fond of you and it's disappointing to think that she's given up on you. But ... as you say ... it's been two months without any contact, so I suppose I have to agree with your assessment. Luckily, I don't think you're taking a backward step with Candice. Not only is she a very attractive young woman, she's ambitious and very focussed on her future. You seem to find a certain kind of girl who has a lot to offer as a friend. You're still quite young, so you'll surely have more experience when it comes to settling down to a married life."

"Hey, what's the rush," Jesse laughed. "I'm not even thinking about marriage. I don't have a career or a place to live other than with you. I'm hardly marriage material."

"I know, but I'm thinking ahead," Eve said seriously. "The time will come and with your experience, I suspect you will be very selective about who you choose as a partner."

Jesse nodded. "I'm glad you liked Candice. I like her a lot. I think you're right about her being very focussed and motivated. I like that in her. No one will ever confuse her with some of the silly little girls that I've encountered."

To Be Continued