All Comments on 'Life With My Grandma'

by elphaba69

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
toJohnny7toJohnny7almost 10 years ago
Literotica? Really?

You were sure right about it being non-erotic! This doesn't belong here on Literotica, IMHO, unless someone beds grandma to help her feel better. Again, just my opinion.

William smythWilliam smythalmost 10 years ago
toJohnny7

What a teribly insensitive comment.

I have read and enjoyed your stories but this personal comment is utterly uncalled for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I'm really sorry you are going through this. I am a carer for the elderly and have clients with varying stages of dementia. All I can say is that there are good days and bad days and it will be a struggle for everyone, including & especially your grandma. The kindest thing you can do is listen & stay patient & know that your grandmother is still in there. Maybe think of it like her being a time traveller. At times she will be with you in the present sharing recent memories & at other times she may be somewhere in the past. Think of it as a bookshelf being knocked over but not all the books fall. Your nan will retain snippets of memories from all of those books but not all of the chapters. Treat her like she is human, adult, and with dignity. Involve her in your thought processes & in decisions. Explain things. There will be a lot of repetition but there will also be a lot of really good days where you enjoy her company and you can make her feel calm, safe & happy. Medication can help. Hope this helps.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 10 years ago
I'm torn between feelings

On the one hand, the author is an introspective and emotional being with some works that are clearly erotic and I feel a bit for her and her plight.

On the other hand...WTF? I think that this kind of essay does NOT belong here in LIT.

I come here to read erotic and exciting material to turn me on, which this piece is not, far from it.

I'm sure there are web sites and chat rooms specially dedicated where one can express anguish/angst and vent all this emotional maelstrom. This site is not one of those, IMHO.

I bear no ill feelings towards elphaba69 and wish her good luck.

Alberta  AlAlberta Alalmost 10 years ago
Non Erotic

That is the name of a category of stories on literotica.

This definitely belongs there.

After watching my grandmother degenerate to where she did not recognize me I understand the author's plight.

The story could have been more detailed and have more emotion involved. It is still well written.

elphaba69elphaba69almost 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you to everyone who responded to this letter. I know that many of you do not believe that this is the venue for my writing . While the comments about it being non -erotic are true, I never promised that this would be an erotic letter I just said that it was a letter. I wrote this in order to share my story and hopefully help people who are dealing with a similiar situation.

daddy1950daddy1950over 9 years ago
Relieved!

When I saw the subject matter, dementia, I was curious how on earth there could be any sexual content. Part way through reading I thought the only tasteful way of introducing sex would be a retrospective on happier times, but no, it was simply a heart wrenching account of a lady and her family in pain. Do hope you cope with this difficult time in your life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous