All Comments on 'Like Blood for Coffee Pt. 03'

by NoraBarnacle

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
EmirusEmirusabout 6 years ago
Very good. Very good. What happened?

I don’t go for sci-fi. In fact I’d go as far as saying that I avoid it like the plague. So nobody was more surprised than myself when I started reading and found that I was enjoying the story. I finished the first chapter and looked forward to the next. I enjoyed the second chapter and looked forward to the third. The more I read of the third the more I was wondering what had gone wrong. The strong storyline and imagery of the first two chapters had, to me, disappeared and I was back to thinking “this is why I avoid the sci-fi section. You’ve obviously got the plot line for chapter 4 sorted out and hope that it gets the story back to the strength of the first two. It’s only my opinion of course and I might find I’m the only one with this opinion but please regard my comments as constructive. I hate it when I read a feedback that jus says “this is rubbish” without further explanation. Why then leave feedback at all? I gave the first two both 5 stars but I felt I could only give this one 3 and for that I am sorry.

greycorridorgreycorridorabout 6 years ago
Happy to see you're continuing with this!

Made an account just to review this! I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. Loving the mystery aspect of the story. I liked getting a better sense of the other characters, religions, etc as well. I live near Seattle so it's neat to imagine places I'm familiar with in an alternate universe like this one.

Christy didn't strike me as too likeable but my opinion of her changed in this chapter. Definitely added impact to the ending, so kudos for managing that. Been awhile since I've read anything that piqued my interest so much, looking forward to the next chapter!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous