All Comments on 'Like Mother Like Son Ch. 02'

by DarkSammael

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Minimal Heat, Maximum Dysfunction

I can only see the mother & son pairing up as a exercise in mutual selfservice-flagellation. One could say that these 2 self absorbed people ' deserve' each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I honestly not getting this story

I remember the first part and have to say this part isn't any better. I just don't get it. There isn't anything hot about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I hope

that it gets better . These 2 people . Mother and son are two really messed up people . I kind of feel sorry for the son . It really sucks not having a mother to love or be loved . The little girl Izzy i hope does not turn out like her mom .That would be a shame.

DarkSammaelDarkSammaelover 11 years agoAuthor
....

I don't think I ever went into writing this thinking, "I'm going to make these characters that everybody likes." In fact, it was more or less the opposite. People are selfish, obsessed, and flawed; they are also kind, loving, and selfless. No one bothers to talk about the darker side of reality, because it's easier to write something with some kind of beacon of hope. And with erotica, forget it. Quick and easy is the name of the game. I get that. So it makes sense that people aren't going to like it, because it's not typical, it's depressing, and that's not very palatable to read for a lot of people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm glad that some of you have felt like saying something about it, and I will keep it in mind for other things that I write.

As it is, both characters are selfish. They are very much alike, hence the title. The son sees his mother in a flattering light, despite his hatred of her. I'm exploring the idea of that godliness that parents have for us when we're young. They can be dreadful people, but when they clothe you and take care of you even in a neglectful way, children can often see them as greater than life, even if it is far from the truth. It's sad, but a reality for some. In the end, my characters are so flawed that it becomes hard to see any good in them. They are easy to hate, and I won't say they are misunderstood, because they aren't. They are by most standards, not exactly the best of people. But even the cruel have a story, even if we don't always want to hear it.

----The author

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Intrigued, but the family makes zero sense

It's an intriguing set of characters, though as you mentioned, not very likable. However, the dynamic makes zero sense. Why is the old man with this woman? Why is she grooming her son into a killer or a cuckold (or both?)? A multitude of other questions pop up with no answers in sight.

The father/daughter in particular make no sense though. The guy must realize his son and wife make for a very bad environment for his daughter to grow up in.

Pilot4029Pilot4029over 11 years ago
brilliant!

This story is better than 90% of M/s stories out there. Keep going! Pilot4029 x

BillyName99BillyName99over 11 years ago
Very intense!

I like the fact that you are not concerned if everyone 'likes' your characters.

Keep going, I can't wait to see what happens!

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 11 years ago

I am desperately intrigued.

Tony StrokesTony Strokesover 11 years ago
Seems stalled

Though I'm intrigued by the characters, I have to say the only problem I have with the story is that you take forever with it. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy lengthy stories and I'm certainly not one of these people looking for sex in the first 3 pages. But I like to know that the story I'm reading is actually going some where plot-wise. I'm not getting that feeling here though, it just feels like the plot has stalled and you're rehashing the same point over and over again, that being the Mom and Son don't get along. I think we all got that at this point, so I'm just wondering at what point will this plot take a step forward?

Foxterot7aFoxterot7aabout 1 year ago

There is more complex character development in this story than I would ever expect from an author on this site. This is a most welcome change. This author knows how to develop a character and a twisted plot. Whenever the sex arrives, it will be anticlimatic. So far there is a dominate mother, eunuch husband/father, a son who is going to become self-aware, self-confident and once he realizes who he is, he will be unstopable, and a typical young daughter. This is what erotic literature is suppose to be.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous