Little Tsaritsa Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's good," the man to his right commented. There were murmurs of assent from the others.

"It is indeed. Can I entice you to be my personal chef?" Peter asked before taking another bite.

"That would not be fair to your friends," she teased.

Arkady smiled as he enjoyed the cake, taking another slice from what remained on the table. He wasn't about to pass up a delicious treat from his little tsaritsa. It was decided that as birthday boy, Peter should take home what remained of the cake, and Arkady beckoned over to Ludmilla.

"I would like this cake to go, please," Peter said to Ludmilla in Russian. She frowned slightly as she tried to puzzle out the phrase.

"English, please?" she asked. He repeated himself in her preferred language.

"Certainly, sir." She up the platter and carried it off, quickly returning with the dessert ensconced neatly in a Styrofoam container. "It looks like you all have been enjoying yourselves. I'm glad you had such a good night here!" She was smart enough to not look like she was too obviously focusing on Arkady, but the blonde man did not miss her glances in his direction.

"We did, indeed. And I must say it was especially nice having you wait upon me," Peter commented. He raised an eyebrow.

Ludmilla maintained a polite smile as she set down the bill. "You're a very kind patron," she replied before she backed away to clear another table.

Ivan reached for the folder, and glanced over it before pulling out several bills from his wallet and inserting them on top of the receipt. "The tip is to be split between you and Nadezsha," Peter and Arkady's companion instructed.

"Yes. It was nice having two such lovely ladies attend to us. Makes one want to come more often!" another man chuckled. Ludmilla flashed the group one more smile before she left. On instinct, Arkady rose after several moments and trailed after her, seeing her go to the register. She counted out the money for the bill and paid it into the till before looking down at the tip. Arkady remained at the side of one of the beams, hovering just out of her focus. Ivan had been generous with his tip, and Arkady watched as she divvied up the bills, giving Nadezsha considerably less than her fair half of the share.

He looked up as Nadezsha exited the kitchen, glancing over at where Arkady's friends were starting to get ready to go home, Peter lovingly cradling the container with his cake.

Ludmilla quickly shoved her own share within the pocket of her apron, lifting her other hand to offer what remained to her cousin. "Here's your share of the tip."

Almost before she had finished these words, Arkady was upon her, his fingers wrapped around her slender wrist.

"Take the rest out of your pocket. Now." He was tempted to say it in Russian, but wanted to make sure that there was absolutely no misunderstanding. "I saw what you did," he added in warning.

He let go of her arm and looked down at her with the stoniest expression he could muster, which did not take much effort. Nadezsha blinked as she looked at the two of them, and with a shaking hand, Ludmilla withdrew the rest of the money.

"Give all of that," he said, gesturing to both handfuls of cash, " to her. Now. You should be ashamed, stealing from anyone, let alone your cousin." He spoke in a low growl, saving her from the embarrassment of being caught in front of a crowd. His calm demeanor had people quickly returning to their pastries and wine, or continuing their way out the door.

Nadezsha moved forward as Ludmilla offered her the money. She glanced up at Arkady, and he nodded. "Ivan split a very good tip between the two of you, but I watched as she took most of it for herself. Take her share so that she can see nothing is truly earned in thieving."

After only a moment of hesitation, the dark-haired woman took both folds of cash, sliding them into her pocket.

"Let this be a lesson to you, Ludmilla. Men hold greater value in women who are honest and hard-working." He saw Ludmilla stiffen under the rebuke before he turned his attention to Nadezsha.

"When will you be off?"

"I should be off in about fifteen minutes, and-"

"No, you're supposed to be cleaning tonight," Ludmilla interjected.

"You will be taking care of that tonight. Your father worked very hard for this restaurant, and you can contribute to the family. Nadezsha, be ready to leave in ten minutes."

Nadezsha blinked, assessing the situation for a moment as she glanced to her cousin, then back to him. A faint smile curled the corners of her mouth.

"As you wish, Mr. Suvorin," she said, in a prim, professional tone. He allowed her use of this name, because of how she had just used it. She certainly said his first name enough times in more personal situations over the last few days.

Ludmilla could only make what had become known as cat butt face, where her lips puckered in displeasure. The sting of being caught committing a crime gave her restraint though, and she spun on her heel, heading for the kitchen.

Nadezsha relaxed, and stared up at him. "... Wow. Seriously, she did that?" she exhaled. Not so much a question as it was simply seeking confirmation. He nodded.

o0o

Nadezsha quickly moved through the kitchen, doing a few last-minute jobs and ignoring Ludmilla and listening with half an ear as Uncle Boris gave his staff instructions for the night as well as specifying what was to be done via prep-work for the specials for tomorrow. She was quick to grab her jacket and purse before heading out the door.

Arkady had parked near the side door, and was waiting for her, a handsome sight in his tailored jacket lined with dark sable. He smiled before looking up with a frown. She turned around to see Ludmilla stalk after her, pale cheeks mottled with fury.

"I deserved more of that money because I am the hostess!" Ludmilla said, trying to salvage what face she could. It'd been like that ever since they were kids, Ludmilla would try to deny or argue her actions even long after the fact.

Suddenly, Arkady was in front of her, glaring down at Ludmilla. "Leave her the fuck alone. Do you understand that, Ludmilla?"

The blonde woman gasped and flinched back. "Your grandparents and parents worked hard to provide a good life for their families in a strange land. You are a disgrace to them and thereby beneath my notice," he continued, slowly wagging his finger at her like he was scolding a child.

Ouch. Nadezsha almost felt bad for her cousin. Almost.

"You should be glad I decided to resolve the matter of your theft privately. I know your parents did not raise you that way."

"You're not my dad!" came the retort.

"No, I'm simply the man you've been trying to seduce. And I would appreciate if you brought these embarrassing efforts to a stop." He turned from her, placing his arm around Nadezsha's shoulders and leading her to the car.

Ludmilla hissed and crossed her arms. "Un-fucking-believable, he chooses her over me?" she muttered to herself, but just loud enough that Arkady overheard her.

"Yes, I chose her. And now I am taking her home with me so that I can fuck her long and hard. And then do it all over again. And again."

Ludmilla's jaw dropped open at that, her eyes going wide. It was something Nadezsha thought she'd only ever see in movies.

"Arkady!" Nadezsha gasped softly, blushing and trying to look indignant, but only stifling a laugh. Her lover offered no further comment to either woman as he opened the passenger door for her and climbed into his own seat after he'd attended to her.

The car slid out of the lot and Arkady did not deign to offer Ludmilla a backwards glance. Nadezsha was unable to hold back her curiosity, and was met with the sight of Ludmilla's back as the young woman stormed back into the restaurant.

The cat was out of the bag now. At least it was nice to know that he was her protector. Hmm. In exchange for what he was offering her, being his lover no longer seemed like the losing end of a gamble. Especially when he was so skilled at it...

"I was serious about what I said to Ludmilla about what I would do to you. I am a man of my word." He glanced over at her, and she felt the pulse pound within her temples.

o0o

Reviews and feedback are always appreciated by the author.

12