Live from the Game Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was gone, of course. After our little adventure, once Paul realized his part in it, the caretaker had been summoned back, and off he'd gone, onto some other part of the US. I did miss him, even though his lack of awareness of personal space was quite awkward sometimes.

I sat and fiddled with my iPhone again. I opened the email app. I closed it. I checked Facebook and made inappropriate comments on Simon's wall. He and Polly had been nothing but great for me. I was lucky to have a friend like him, no question, so ithadto be reciprocated with rudeness on Facebook. I still hadn't forgiven him for Siri calling me a bitch. Polly had tried to set me up on a date, but I wasn't having it. I had too much work to do, the kids needed me more than ever, because there was a very tricky level on Halo 4 that Paula had no interest in helping with. I just wasn't ready and wasn't interested.

I knew what I was contemplating. I knew I shouldn't do it. I knew, if I did it was going to cost me. But I had had two Jameson's and that was my excuse.

With shaking hands, I wrote out a one-line email. It said, "If you were going to try and make it up, whatwouldyou do?"

And I sat there, and stared at it, wondering if I would press send or not. And then I had another whiskey and cursed Deanna, my life, the fact that water melts, and most of all, myself.

Deanna and Ryan's story is not done. Literally, writing this, I had an idea of where this might go. And hopefully, it'll be in a direction that's not been done before on Lit, at least I've never seen it, and I've read a fair bit. But don't expect it any time soon – there's a lot of other things to write first.