All Comments on 'Living with Katrina Ch. 05'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Oh I like the twist at the end. As always I absolutely love this story and regularly check the romance section to see if you've continued it. keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Don't you think

Jake should have confronted Trent?

jg2291jg2291over 11 years ago
"Fifty shades of fucked up"?

Is this a nod to Fifty Shades of Grey intentional? Because that's a direct quote from one of the biggest parts of the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please finish it

Please Please finish it. And get them together. I think about this all day and it has really affected me.

NorthGuy22NorthGuy22over 11 years ago
I like others here

regularly check to see if you've put out a new chapter of this. One of my favorite stories in the romance category. Keep it up please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Happy endings

I read some of your other stories and realise you lean towards the dark side of relationships. But please give this story a happy ending. Happily ever after may be crap but it takes you away from the crap of real life like nothing else

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I really hope for a happy ending

I totally agree with the commenter before me. Happily ever after may be crap and very unlifelike but it makes for a great read. Please, please, please let there be a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Next ???

When will the next chapter be out ? It has been close to a month. Please post it soon

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithover 11 years ago
Best yet

This is the best bit of writing yet. The characterisation is really coming live. It's not just that the motivation for these people's weird behaviours is becoming more apparent - that's a killer line from Kat, that Jake too fears being alone. There's the potential for a great redemption coming up. No wonder all your fans are screaming for the next episode (which luckily I can download immediately since I've come into this series late; well, as soon as I've done the bare minimum of housework!).

People who are screwed up and leaning on friends stay screwed up - or they top themselves. The only person who can save Kat is Kat although it would be lots easier for her to drag Jake down. By writing the story in this way you start to take it beyond just a story and make something both entertaining and that takes the reader on a journey to a potentially better place.

Since this chapter is so good, I shall nitpick. I didn't like 50 shades of f up either. And Ovid! At least you didn't go for the obvious Catullus I suppose. But I imagine most of your readers went - WTF, who? and just moved straight on. If you're going to start referencing the classics in contemporary erotica you may want to give your readers a bit more than this sly nod to your own esoteric knowledge.

I never liked that sly b!t$h Emma!

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithover 11 years ago
PS

I forgot to add how good the subway scene is. Katrina looking around and thinking about the strangers she sees - being in that strange zone of depression when you think you have some connection with strangers and can imagine their happy lives and you desperately want them to be good and happy so you can think it's possible, yet you feel weirdly different to them, not an ordinary happy human like they are. (And actually you aren't.) I'm saying this badly! You write it much better.

WarfolomeiWarfolomeiover 10 years ago
Hmmm...

Emma thing was a bit cliche, but character progression with others was nice.

SWIM21SWIM21about 10 years ago

I am really trying to like this series, which started out well enough, but is starting to run a melodramatic and trite. Simply put, you write like a soap opera, with too much emphasis on high-pitched emotion and theatrics without enough pacing. Stories need valleys just as much as peaks. This might be fine for a vignette, but not a series. Also, I wonder if Katrina would feel the same about her 'hero' if he wasn't built like a greek statue with a big cock. It's a shame we'll never know.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Great Storytelling

The writing is excellent and the characters are well drawn, but I'm not sure if I can stick with this story. Life's relentless beating down of Katrina is putting me in a place where I'm losing interest in reading. I like the characters and I'm fully aware that drama and tragedy can help shape an excellent story, but when it's non-stop it becomes almost masochistic.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

This is the best chapter yet. Katrina finally actts and thinks like a decent human being and not a toxic sludge. Don't care about negative comments below - I personally do NOT want to read "boring" valleys.

I do admit I agree with SWIM21 o one point - i'm nearly certain she wouldn't feel the same romantic attraction to him if he wasn't some super great looking Clark Kent, only glasses-off away from being a perfect male specimen.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES