All Comments on 'Living with Uncertainty'

by synthese

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Who (Besides Yourself) Do You Write To?

I'm certainly proud of you for all ze beeg laquaysoius words intertwined into a boggling quagmire but I believe I chanced upon a glimmer of your question and in the normal persons english I think it goes like this:

Question: Can I love a slut for others on an ongoing basis as long as I get my turn in the hole?

Answer: Only in the short term as she won't respect you for whom you care for as she knows herself!

Question: Did I get closest and what did I win?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What?

Care to re-write this so it can be understood?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
just a thought

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. While I am an educated and well read woman, the words were complex and took away from the story, in my humble opinion. I can see where the average person would not comprehend at all, and, I, too, had to stop and think what the words meant! gl to you. **I wish I didn't have to put a rating. I really have no rating, since I did not read the story. I am going with the default '50%'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
thanks for ending this crap

you have a lot of air, use it wisely.

MINKXMINKXover 18 years ago
Reminds me of being told to speak "English"

Have to comment, a lot of votes on this offering from readers that needed/wanted it to be dumbed down for them. Why is that the author's bad? When you realized you couldn't understand, why not just find something you were capable of reading? The majority of the voters seemed to give the low scores simply because understanding what the author was saying would have required their use of a dictionary.

I don't think some of the voting was based honestly and fairly. Being well read, knowing words that most people don't grasp is wrong?

Give the author a break. Intelligence is suppossed to be a good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A thesaurus is no use without a dictionary

Long words have their place, but not if you are simply using them to show off. 'Communique' is not merely another word for 'message', it has a distinct meaning of its own.

Presumably you wrote this because you had an opinion which you wanted to convey to the rest of us, but by using this convoluted style you have failed to do so, and so wasted your time.

Do you know of any professional authors who write like this?

I suggest you read some of the essays of George Orwell as a guide.

"Anything that can be said, can be said clearly." - Orwell

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It Aint da beeg Words

Its the boogling circuitous introspection of why a circle without ends goes on forever - and ever.

As someone once implied, exterior communication is good - try it.

Impressive world class wordology, but more of a challenge of patience to read this than to write it as I see it.

This was fun though - You silly tongue in cheek linguistian.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous