All Comments on 'Lonely Leah'

by inkquisitive

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
Mixed review

I thought the dialog, especially the repartee at the party was particularly well done, totally real and as good as any on the site.. Leah was well fleshed out in the beginning as a hard working,dedicated and very smart woman, she did sex work because it paid well, but not prostitution. She made money offering the dream of sex, without actually delivering. She was driven to succeed and leave her past far behind. However, the last bit in the office seemed like an ending to a different story. Leah of the first part, would never have been inappropriately dressed, especially for work. Never. Leah of the first part, faced with the outrageous demand for sex, might well have said, I'm generally agreeable outside of work, but not in here. Here, it would get in the way, here it's business, we need to concentrate on the work. or something like that. The demand for sex might well have been another test, to see if she was stupid.

Such blatant quid pro quo is also way out of line in this age of recording cell phones.

Secondly the sex in an unlocked room during office hours is total fantasy. In an office OK. You could still have had the sex scene, but at a later point, in his office, apartment, or wherever.

Just my opinion

Chilley

inkquisitiveinkquisitiveover 8 years agoAuthor
chilleywilley

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I thought that I had made it clear that Leah was highly sexualized and had engaged in various sex work in her 'unorthodox history', which I purposely left mostly vague.

Damon did give her an out, telling her to say no and she would be assigned her original partner. She chose her path. He didn't force or even coerce her. Im glad you felt she was a strong, moral character, but she wants this job and has no problem doing what it takes to get it.

I admit the 'forgetting her underclothes' was a bit of a stretch, but I liked it.

Screwing in an unlocked office probably would have been really stupid, but she does notice it and choose to continue. Besides, it was the intern office and the interns had been sent away to their partners. Its not such a stretch that they would not be interrupted. I'm sorry if you felt it was implausible, but I did try to allow for most of your complaints :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous