Lonely Rhodes Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, you're my princess, my love. I only wish I could do more."

"More? Brett, I'm not sure that's possible." She smiled and said, "But if it is, you'll find a way. I have no doubt. What I feel is so incredible, and I know you can feel it too. Nothing compares to this. I'm about to sing in front of thousands tonight, something I love. But it's nothing compared to this. For this, I would give up singing and stardom in a heartbeat." Then, forestalling his statement, she said, "But I know you wouldn't let me, because then I wouldn't be happy." Her tears were flowing in earnest now as she said, "That is what makes you you. You seem to know me better than I know me and vice-versa. All I know is what we have is worth it, whatever the cost. That's why I called you, because this feeling is too important to be ignored. I'm sorry if I'm losing it, but I had to say that. I had to let you know, Brett, that I believe in us. With all my heart I do, but..."

Brett nodded, taking her hand as he finished her sentence, "You're scared our lives will get in the way. So am I baby. What matters is that we are together now, and that we know that whatever comes up, we can take it together. If we work together, then anything is possible, Kim." She nodded and wiped her eyes. Brett, noting the time, said, "But speaking of princesses, if I don't step on it, this little Cinderella tale of ours is going to go poof."

They reached the hotel in the nick of time before Kim had to race off. Brett hung around a bit before heading home. He was on his way out of the city when he got a text from Kim telling him he had a back stage pass awaiting him at the arena.

Brett smiled and redirected to the show. He had to admit, he enjoyed himself. Even though he was not a super fan of all of her music, he cheered her on loudly.

After the show, he found himself in Kim's dressing room as she prepared to board the bus. She purposely waited to the last minute to see him. As they were relatively in public, Brett was unsure what to do, so he held out his hand and said,

"Nice to meet you, Miss Rhodes." Kim glared at him.

Then under her breath she said in an icy tone, "Put that hand down buddy. I am about to get on that bus and not see you for over a month, so you damn well better give me something better than a handshake." Brett looked around nervously then pulling her close he gave her a soul searing goodbye kiss.

When it was finished she said, "Now that is more like it. I'll call you tomorrow."

As he left Brett, shook his head in amazement. This thing was going to take some getting used to, but, as he said to Kim, if they worked together, it might just work.

To be continued...

12