All Comments on 'Looking at the Sun'

by careythomas

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
tygztygzalmost 7 years ago

So perfect. If this story doesn't make the top 5 on the site, ... well, it should.

She may have been a plot device in another story, but she became a fantastic character here. The changes, the growth, the emotions, and the passions - fantastic work!

-Ripley--Ripley-almost 7 years ago
A Wonderful Romance

Once again, you show us what a good storyteller you are. You take a minor character from a previous story who was, let's be honest, annoying and turn her into a fully developed person that we care about and want to find happiness. It's romantic and sexy, and I thoroughly enjoyed following her and Sasha's story all the way to the end. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Wow. This is a great story. I loved how you took a character from a previous story who had a small role and developed her into a the star of her own story. Keep writing stories for us to enjoy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful

This was a truly delightful read. It's difficult finding a story that keeps me invested in the characters and plot of the story. Kudos to you, CareyThomas! I love that you are able to write from multiple characters' perspectives too and gave each of them a different voice. That's not easy to do but you pulled it off. 5/5 stars from me. <3

AndaryllAndaryllalmost 7 years ago

I have to second Ripley, wasn't sure about a story focusing on Sasha after her portrayal in the Jess/Alex story line, but masterfully done. 5/5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really Really loved it

Not only the references to the princess bride, which is like one of my favorites ever, or the other references thrown in for good measure.

It's more for the sake of the well being and pleasure you made me feel throughout this story.

Well written, plot-wise and character-wise.

Thank you!

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Mealmost 7 years ago
Wow wow wow.

I was so frustrated with Sasha and Sienna until finally they revealed their feelings for each other. Then they made love and all was good. I was happy for them. Wonderful story. Fantastic writing.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 7 years ago
Congratulations

Congratulations, Carey, you're going from strength to strength. The other comments have more or less said everything necessary so I'll add nothing further except a resounding five stars (deserving of many more).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
just wow!

Don't think I've commented on a story before but I just wanted to say your writing is a tour we force rolleroaster and it has me transfixed from start to finish... more about Sienna and Sasha and ... well just more ... much more from you please! I've got a long way to go with my minimal writing skills!

With love xxx Saiorse72

gnome_mangnome_manalmost 7 years ago
Excellent

It is June first, 2017, a little after three in the afternoon. It was around 9:30 last night when I first encountered this story. The name, "careythomas" took a python's hold on my attention.

I stopped moving, unaware of my surroundings until 4:30 in the AM this morning. I was FORCED by the cruel world to cease living in what is a very good, very interesting place. And then I returned to it about two hours ago. And now, I have to leave it again.

I am very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I've read this twice already. Thank you.

Robyn1859Robyn1859almost 7 years ago
wow!

This is an amazing story,,,, and certainly made all the more fun because of the Princes Bride references!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful story

I agree with all the other comments. Great story and written very well. Please keep writing you're becoming one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful

Once again you made a man / man laugh, cry, angry, and joyful. Love your writing and please continue your storytelling of Alex/Jess or any other spinoff and new work.

Rick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Best

Best story ever. To bad this doesn't happen in real life

janny54janny54almost 7 years ago
WOW!

you have outdone yourself again! one of the best stories. so very well written, covering a rollercoaster of emotions. the characters were perfect in every way. so much like life is... a fear of expressing feelings even between two as close as they were all their lives. there was humor, tears, sadness, anger and intense love so wonderfully expressed.

looking forward to your next story. hurry, please!

thank you for sharing your amazing writing...

jan

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 7 years ago
An amazing story!

So well written and filled with love! Wonderfully done! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow

I was just curiously looking through this website and usually I read published books but I said to myself why not and read your story and to be honest, one of the best things I've read! Why isn't this published as a book?! Really awesome and capturing happy story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
love

I thought love was all just imaginary but after reading this. I 'm looking at high possibilities of giving it a chance .tumi

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I love your stories

Careythomas, thank you entertaining us with your writing. I love all your stories. You write well, you give us hope to aspire to true and patient love. Your stories matter so please keep writing. I was worried when HarmonyHaze stopped submitting stories but I'm happy now, I look forward to new stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I love you careythomas!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Out of the rut.

A splendid piece of literary excellence which had me reaching for my dictionary, just for confirmation purposes, a couple of times. I came across this story earlier today and read it from start to finish in one go and that doesn't happen too often.

In comparison with virtually all the other submissions to Literotica that I have read it was so refreshing to find one in which the amorous activities of the principal protagonists, whilst so well described, did not result in them virtually drowning each other with their orgasms.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Awesome

This one is the best I have ever read and was so great that I couldn't resist myself by commenting my first comment in this site . Great . I have read this about 10 times .

CorinnePapillonCorinnePapillonalmost 7 years ago
Simply

Stunning! Thank you!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic Story!

I loved your story about Alex and Jess, and wanted to read this one to see how you would handle Sienna. Let's just say I was not disappointed. You did a fantastic job with this story as well. Please keep writing new stories for us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really Loved It

A beautiful story. You are a very special author on this site. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Something in my eye and not from looking at the Sun

I'm a 53 year old Straight bloke. Loved the Alex and Jess stories. So well written, so moving, but this!! Wonderful story, wonderful characters, just wonderful. Now to find a tissue (for my eyes PERVS!!).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Shiiiiiiiiiiit

I would just like to say I'm scared all but one of these characters has the same name as one of my lesbian friends so I kept thinking to them and just ah

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Absolutley Amazing

The amount of effort and character poured into this story is astounding and by far one of my favs. Spot on.

OldbaldguyOldbaldguyalmost 7 years ago
My heart rejoices!

Characters about whom we care, who become real enough that we cry and laugh in equal measure.

Trace_WatersTrace_Watersover 6 years ago
Clever Turn on a Character

Clever turn on a character made a delightful story. For me, the story premise was clever and intriguing. The characters and their development was engaging. I enjoyed the journey of the read. Thank you.

birchybutchbirchybutchover 6 years ago
wow. i loved the witth banter

This story is just the best.i enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you.

winterreisserwinterreisserover 6 years ago
Warms my heart

Warms my heart just when I needed it.

Good work, keep it up.

RastanuraRastanuraover 6 years ago
True love

Thank you Dread Pirate Roberts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
fucking great!

*slow claps*

fantastic

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaover 6 years ago
The awesome title

I'm only on page 5 and had to spill. (Tube this) macarthur's+park+richard+harris+lyrics I kept hearing that song in my head, reading this, it's so appropriate. Now back to enjoying the story. Oh, my beating heart, Carey, you're so real, and so good at this!

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaover 6 years ago
About the title

Sorry, I forgot to quote the line from the song that fits it so:

I will drink the wine while it is warm, and never let you catch me looking at the sun. (But after all the loves of my life, you'll still be the one.)

JessicaMandellaJessicaMandellaover 6 years ago
On the ReRead List

Wow. Speechless. For me that's saying a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I'm speechless

This story was so real and beautiful. I just wanted to say that this just left me speechless, this is one of the best stories I have ever read. Well done you are an amazing person please don't ever stop writing! Xxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Better than most

Great job! Who doesn't want to have a happy ever after like this!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 6 years ago
This story is your best!

I've read all of your stories, multiple times, and I love them all. This one, however, hasn't failed to bring tears to my eyes yet, and I think I've read it three (four?) times now. Thank you so very much for sharing this, and your other, stories with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This is a great story, well written with fully developed characters. I am curious about your preface about a having a butch as a character. It was as if it was a warning of some kind? As a femme who has spent the last 14 years with a very butch partner I think it is wonderful to have stories with a butch character!

careythomascareythomasabout 6 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your comments!! To the question on my preface: I've had a few readers write me complaining about some of my characters being butch; I've had more than a few write me thanking me for creating Alex and Sasha.... The preface, therefore, serves as a beacon for those who don't mind/deeply appreciate butches, and as a warning for those who don't like reading about butches.

Again, thank you for all your comments -- they keep me motivated to continue writing!

Belladonna82Belladonna82about 6 years ago
Love it!

I loved this story!! Sexy, sensual and romantic. I can’t wait to read the next one. I agree with a comment from your other story. You could get published. I would certainly read all your stuff!!

c50chrisc50chrisabout 6 years ago
Great love story

Very romantic. Who has't experienced unrequited love? And very well written. (I often quit stories with grammatical errors or misspellings.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome

Although i think everyone can agree with me when i say that Jess is the cutest character ever, i loved this story very very much and maybe even better than Alex/Jess mainline. I read all your stories and please carey write more you are a treasure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A message to CT

Just finished reading all your stories on this site, am a little sad there is no more to read, equally engaged to read the next.

I’ve enjoyed everyone but the writing in ‘Could you be mine’ had me laughing out loud, maybe your writing is improving with time.

underworldwriterunderworldwriterabout 6 years ago
great banter, a fun ride

Well written banter with the two women...it really felt like they grew up together, and didn't change even after becoming lovers...still have a fun rivalry together.

Fun thing about this story is I wasn't sure at the beginning who the romance was going to be between. It could have been even more fun if you made the breakup of Anastasia take longer (after the Russian bomber was gone, it seemed a foregone conclusion, but still fun).

YourLinkYourLinkalmost 6 years ago
A sky full of stars...Again. Brilliant!

I saved this one for last. Thankfully, I had my box of Kleenex next to me because I knew that there would be a Kleenex moment. I loved the vows. The crossword puzzle was genius. You moved from swimming to code writing with such ease. Most stories on this site are just fantasy, but yours make me believe. As a stoned romantic I crave happy endings and you always deliver. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Brilliant as always

Another one of your stories that has completely blown me away. Wonderful characters, magnificent plot, and abundant emotions. Truly a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pure feel good

This kept me.up the whole night..☺..the story..just that. Thanks careythomas...am going to fish for more of your writings now!

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
CONFESSION TIME ...........

Although I have always loved every story you`ve posted, for some reason this one I didn't get around to reading until today.

I can`t even explain why, as stupid as that sounds.

Anyway, I`m really glad I finally read it.

From the little "cameo" where she was unintentionally upset by Alex and Jess and where she appeared to have thrown herself at Alex before she left for London makes a lot more sense after reading the story.

Great work as always :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Best Yet

I had thought that the 'Alex & Jess' saga would take some topping, but so glad you decided to give Sienna a chance. So well worth the effort. I preferred the characters in this and loved the development.

Absolutely great.

hopeless_not_so_romantichopeless_not_so_romanticabout 5 years ago

The ending just left me in tears.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Breathtaking

Wow, what a well written and breathtaking story. Even more excited to read the alex/jess saga now!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good is good

Just so incredible how your long build up stories keep me thinking about just how awesome your write up is!!!!! Wish I could put it in an emoji

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
holy shit

I read this story not for the erotic parts, but for the realistic and wholesome love story between two women. It was so beautiful.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
I loved this

Beautiful, as ever, and so glad that it came out where we Romantics wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Name your dildos

One thing I'm surprised about, is that in the stories on this site the girl characters never seem to name their dildos & strap-ons. They sure do where I come from!

It just seemed this was a great opportunity to name a strap-on Fezzik. I was hoping!

Named dildos I'm aware of:

Fred

Big Jim

Bruce

Thor

Mad Max

Arnold

Charizard

Moon Unit

Khan

Goku

Sailor Moon

AucklandAucklandover 4 years ago
Perfection

All your stories are purely amazing. You have a true talent. I love the long buildup and character development. The plot is so well thought out as well. I absolutely loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
ROMANTIC COMEDY LOVE STORY

Wow! thank you for this. ths s sooo beautiful. i love the connections of ur stories. keep writing. we love ur art.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 4 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for sharing your talent

Your sunshine is clearly visible in the words you put together for this lovely storie

imonetwothreeimonetwothreealmost 4 years ago
Another Great One

You are spoiling me wirth your prose. You keep the story progression at exactly the right speed and intensity, and the sex scenes are classy just by themselves. Thank you for another great read. Connie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One of the Best

I read this whole story in one go, and loved every second of it. You are an incredible writer, as is evidenced by every review you get. I actually love your work not for the erotica parts (amazing as they are), but for the nuance with which you approach characters in love stories. I have only read Five Years and Four Days, Summer and Fall, and this story, but in the next week I will probably be going through everything else. Amazing work, and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved this story!

Believable, without too much engineered drama. Read it in one sitting. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really luv it

It's probably my 5th time reading this.. So good.. Coz i keep comin back to read it again.. And again..

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Yes 5 stars a not enough

Lovely novel ..... Extraordinary ..... Enchanting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you

I don't think I could find enough superlatives to express how wonderful this story is!! Utterly wonderful and fantastic! Thank you again.

1Dream4us1Dream4usabout 3 years ago

Just spectacular in every way!

RastanuraRastanuraabout 3 years ago
Hunt

I think we'll have to hunt you down for this one: cunning linguistics.

MrTylerWpgMrTylerWpgabout 3 years ago

Beautiful. I was worried when I saw 12 pages, now I want so many more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sasha and Sienna will live in my heart and mind from this day forward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Do you know what I hate about great stories. That I have to stop reading to wipe away the tears and blow my nose. Love it.

orestes08orestes08over 2 years ago

You are, quite possibly the best writer on this site. This was the first story of yours I read, and I've read it many times since. 5 stars just doesn't seem like enough, I'm always excited when I see you've written a new story. Although if you wanted to give us an extended edition of this one with fewer time gaps I'd be okay with that too ;)

AlexieeeeAlexieeeeover 2 years ago

Another story that i loveeee <3

MelprestigeeditionMelprestigeeditionover 2 years ago

reread this for the sixth time theres really not much else that can compare wish i can give 5 stars again :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks really enjoyed this

LilkahunaLilkahunaover 2 years ago

Damn, you're good! Why have you stopped writing? Or are your stories now published elsewhere? Pleeeease write more!

apollo_XIapollo_XIabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story, on par with Jess' and Alex's story. You have talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fabulous story. Thanks.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

Thank you, I really enjoyed reading this story again.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

What can I say? Third, fourth, or maybe tenth time reading this; I don't remember.

But can it get any better than childhood friends spending their entire lives together?

I only wish we'd gotten to spend some of their childhood with them...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

like to imagine each took the others name so they stayed logan & james & therefore wolverine...maybe hyphenated? could be a bit much hehe

jumping_joejumping_joeover 1 year ago

I am late to the party, but I wanted to let you know that I cried tears of joy at the end of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best things I’ve ever read. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Princess Bride quote at the end was the cherry on top of the wonderful story

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

Commonwealth of Massachusetts - not “Great State.”

Very well done. Among the impressive aspects, I love the fact that the parents are brought in as intelligent participants - for instance the scene when Maria snarkily but subtly tells Sienna right at the end of the recipe that she knows why Sienna wants the recipe.

Odd, maybe I missed it, but I don’t think we ever heard where Sasha went to school? She had an apartment in Cambridge so maybe MIT?

Bree_23Bree_23about 1 year ago

i hope to read more from you :)

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

So Good!

Another great story, good characters and great story line.

All of your stories are so easy to read with a good feel to them!

You are a pleasure to read!

Please submit more for my and your other fans pleasure!

Thank you

LiebethLiebethabout 1 year ago

At least third time reading it and it gets better every time. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I’ve read this story so many times I’ve lost count. The way in which you develop their relationship from their Junior year of college up until the wedding feels so real that, even though it is fiction, it feels like something like it could actually happen.

Would give it 10 stars if I could

jni551jni55111 months ago

Such a beautiful story. Thank you.

Cupertino345Cupertino3458 months ago

I had read this story before. I scaned through looking for a comment but didn't find one. The story was great. Full of drama and misunderstanding. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

too,too long

Phatpanda00Phatpanda0013 days ago

Wow! I loved it! I'm speakless!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercareythomas@careythomas
1674 Followers
Twitter: @CareyThomas144 I set up a twitter account to deal with the plagiarizer (but then she blocked me) but now that I have an account, I thought I'd let you all know! . Recommended reading order: Five Years and Four Days Summer and Fall Looking at the Sun A Ghost o...