All Comments on 'Looking Back'

by arkrebel

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments
AncientTravellerAncientTravellerabout 8 years ago
Won't work

The protagonist will get no closure without a sort of revenge. Doesn't have to be nuclear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
By the numbers

Not a bad story. Not a good one, either. Too many cliches, too many mistakes. Just average. I'll give it a three.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 8 years ago
I wish this had been more involved...

This had a good plot and was well written. I only wish the author had taken the time to put more into it. I still gave it 5 stars but felt it could have been a great story had it been more in depth.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
How 'Bout That

The best thing about this tale is that he didn't fall for her bullshit. She cheated. He's done. Good riddance.

KrvnikKrvnikabout 8 years ago
What?

"All that will be the same even after some devious revenge the only thing that would change is you. You become the monster, you are the madman."

That's utter and complete nonsense.

Why do people think having revenge on someone instantly turns you into some kind of mustache twirling villain, a psychopath who has ventured down a road from which there is no return?

It's no different than taking a piss or taking a shit. You do it and it's done. You're over it. Wham. Nothing more to it. Seriously.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Logic

I always appreciate a story when logic applies. The writing was good but there could have been more meat on the bones. If he had stated that, "he didn't want to waste his time on her, she wasn't worth it." It would have helped the no revenge theme. Broken trust, and disrespect can kill love in an instant for some who realize that there is no love on the other side of the equation. Love is simply caring about another persons well being. She didn't care a bit about her husbands well being. So, loving her is irrational, self destructive and just plain foolish. The act of revenge is a tool to regain self respect once you realize that you have been played as a fool! It is an act to permanently separate yourself from your abuser by hurting them enough that they will not try it again. That he still loved her after discovering her behavior is a sure sign that she still had her hooks in him. Those hooks have to be dug out by whatever means necessary. Usually a horrible act of revenge works well to get her to retract her claws. Revenge is a tricky thing in the modern pussified world we live in. Violence usually results in the victim receiving more punishment. Exposure of her activity has to be done carefully to avoid defamation and other lawsuits. However, recording her confession in her own words and relentlessly sharing it with others is perfectly legal in most states. She is a rocky shoal in the lives of those around her and they need to know that the might wreck on her cheating shores if they get too close to her.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
ITS THE OLD STORY AND QUESTION

Who and what will you believe, TK U MLJ LV NV

robinhodrobinhodabout 8 years ago
I like it.

Someone said it's full of cliches. I thought that was the whole point?

The situation is a cliche, her excuses encompassed all cliches.

You can build a wall with the same old bricks. A master bricklayer will do it better than you or me.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
flashy car ?

I dont know anything about cars but I assume his is a bit flashy ? He likes nice things to show off ? So he gives his wife, of 18 years, everything she asks for and is surprised that he isnt the only one to enjoy those enhancements ?!!

She came from a poorer background, probably missed out on those nights out that girls in better off families enjoy, and so with the encouragement of a much younger girlfriend she explores.

I think he bought most of this down on himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I like the one strike you are out attitude, she had a faul with the barman

she betrayed him, her marriage, and herself (turned herself into a lying, cheating, untrustworthy, adulterous slut) the marriage contract is null and void, and truthfully in this case she had no love or respect for her husband, and he should have none for her.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

The ultimate killer for me was the blowing off of his texts - if she had any true feelings for him, those texts would have had her running out of there.

Not to blame him, but waiting till the next day after her flashing the bartender was a mistake. The second she told him that he should have dragged her out of there and ripped her a new one.

Also, the GNO's - A lot of people criticize them. I see no INHERENT problem with them, we all have our "nights out" for one thing or another. It wasn't made clear what they increased to, were they every other week increasing to weekly, which wold be okay, or were they weekly increasing to more than once a week, which would be too often. Also, as the author here stated, GNO with ONE younger, single woman is asking for trouble.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
A good story, but...

A good story, but how could he feel good with himself if he "had agreed to sign any settlement she offered", just to get rid of her? He will always feel that she cheated and he even gave her a prize for doing it...There all kinds of revenge: monetary ones, humiliating ones and violent ones...I don't think that the first two would make him look like a monster!!! For instance: making all her family and friends know why he was divorcing her, would make him a monster? So, as I said a good story, but it leave us with the feeling that something is missing...3*

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959about 8 years ago
Good story - would benefit from fleshing out

I agree with laptopwriter but gave the story a 3. In my book, it's a "liked it-keep writing", not "one of the best". As I remember it, we don't hear her speak her own words until after she's caught, she doesn't speak much (he speaks for her). It's all about his perceptions of the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I give it five stars ...

... This was excellent, a true representation of the death of a marriage. Well told and to the point. No cluttering embellishments. Panther fan.

WriteMyDayWriteMyDayabout 8 years ago
Good story until...

The last paragraph ruined a good story. Just say, revenge wouldn't work for me, don't preach it like gospel. Revenge actually works great for some people and needed in some portion for most people with self respect.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 8 years ago
liked it !

Well after the shitty week that was in LW land , this was a good palate cleanser . I actually thought that this was a pretty good slice of life tale. The husband did all he could do short of chaining her in the house. Sounds like a classic case of low self esteem , then throw on the cosmetic surgeries and I guess this was fate.

The only thing different that he possibly could have done was get her therapy after her surgeries , but I doubt that she would even have agreed to that. Sometimes all you can do is look after your own sanity , because this was a truly sad story on both sides really.

Thank you arkrebel , I'll have to read your earlier posts now.

4 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
great story

just a person getting rid of the garbage, now if we could just get rid of bonnie and v.s. as easily.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 8 years ago
Good story ….. realistic ending

Despite the threats and declarations made on this site, this is how most such marriages really do end. I know. I've been there, lived through it, and come out smiling at the other end.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Ditto what Britease Said

Story was quite realistic, although most women would have blamed the husband and simply moved on rather than trying to block the divorce. Writing A-OK. Plot logical and realistic, albeit not erotic. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
song

from a song, she is not worth the wiskey. so much like real life.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Meh

Wife cheats. Husband scolds her. They divorce. The end.

I kept waiting for some twist that would make this story interesting. Was there supposed to be a point to this story? If so, I completely missed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote. Annony is a tired old ugly lonely fag with ED! He ahs no friends on here or anywhere else. All he does is read LW stories and botches about them. He's pissed because his wife left his sorry as and fucked around on him his entire life.

javmor79javmor79about 8 years ago
Wow

I have to say, this was superb writing. I LOVED the anology of the puzzle pieces. That was clever.

I seldom read stories anymore. Even ones that are above 4 stars. I'm so glad I decided to read this. This one story shows me skills that I rarely see up here. Very nice.

I will read more stories from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
BTB

FUCK THE BITCH OVER IT'S THE BEST

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 8 years ago
Good story. Well worth 4 stars.

It lost a star because the wife was written to be as stupid as possible, complete with final shriek.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for every story rated by THE FAT WHORE (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

likegoodwinelikegoodwineabout 8 years ago
Good story

Very realistic. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
sick

This sick crap should post in non erotic,

Lex1Lex1about 8 years ago
Anticlimactic, but realistic

I'm kind of with swingerjoe, but i think i enjoyed it a bit more than he did. It was straight forward. Wife cheated, got caught, used EVERY cliche of the "Loving Wives" wife, and then got the boot.

However, this author writes really well. I've read all three of his stories. All of them have the same duality. While the subject matter is cut and dry, the writing makes it engaging. Another thing i like about this guy is that all three stories are different. There isn't any blueprint. No paint by colors.

So i will give this story a 4.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 8 years ago

The conversation with the wife made her sound like a list of cliches ripped from other stories not a character. She's just going down a checklist with no emotion or personality.

But then the average btb reader doesn't really view wives or women in general as real people with their own thoughts and emotions, so it shouldn't surprise me that the authors catering to them don't either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story, thanks

# 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
No suprise

that frontlinecaster and swingerjoe found this story boring, but don't despair guys there is a story named "Life as a Cuckold" posted today maybe more to your liking. Have at it. I know these boring stories just don't do it for you.

Now that's out of the way. Good story author, better than the others you wrote. There was only one solution to this marriage and he made the right decision. I get a chuckle out of the excuse "it was just sex". Yea right!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
better than any of the cuck shit on here, but.....

Ending was rushed and lame. The story was ok but it was way cliche. I gave you four, because of a cuck free story. Men do not accept cheating counts or their excuses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Keeping it Real

I liked the story because it was so real...no martial arts expert that goes nasty all over the guy...no powerful lawyer that brings his ex to her knees...no finding an even more amazing woman (or two...possibly twins???) to sleep with the same night as he finally ends it with his ex...just the emotions and actions that follow finding out your wife is a slut.

Thanks for the story!

"Buckeye Fan"

cap5356cap5356about 8 years ago
just so real

loved the story as it is so real. that is how lots of marriages are now adays friends that have no partner lead others astray but then again the one being lead has got to want to be that way. just sex isn't the just sex. there are feelings in any sexual act. keep writing

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Why did she do it?

Like other commentators, I thought this was a reasonably well-written story although, as others have indicated, it was a bit mechanical and could have been improved with a bit more fleshing out.

One day, perhaps, we will read a LW story in which the 'wronged' husband spends some time in trying to find out not just WHAT his wife has been doing, but WHY she is doing it.

We have had stories with some truly ingenious detective husbands becoming really creative, often using all sorts of technological wizardry, to find out what the suspect wife is up to. Husbands lurking in clubs and dance halls watching their errant wives have reached plague proportions.

A bit more interpersonal sensitivity and questioning could perhaps make a more interesting story.

L

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 8 years ago
Analyst?

Did Hubby's 'analyst superego' go on vacation? DO NOT confront her at the club ... especially if he's a) going to get drunk - then b) confront Sweetie on the phone the next day! NO ... Go home, leave Sweetie a note that he had an emergency out-of-town and would call her around noon the next day. Then, next morning, cancel shared cards, freeze their bank accounts and visit every good divorce lawyer possible before selecting one! THEN confront her!

Everything was too pat for my tastes, but at least Hubby took care of business promptly. He also got VERY lucky regarding her potential to have cleaned him out while he was away and drunk!

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 8 years ago
Great writing

I enjoyed the read. I will look forward to more from you. 5*****

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 8 years ago
WELL WORTH THE READ!

Sure, you made a few writing mistakes, but all in all I found this to be a good story. Maybe you’d like a little constructive criticism so I’ll offer mine.

#1 The story is too short to properly cover your chosen plot. We need to know what makes both of them tick.

#2 is related—when you tagged the story as husband’s story you created the expectation of the wife getting to tell her side. That would have provided much of the missing info. A woman wouldn't be perfectly happy one month and then change into a cheating slut the next. Maybe her childhood, being raised poor, had her always feeling she was missing something. She shows signs of this when she wants the body enhancements, but here you missed a great chance to show how she thought.

Might I suggest you write ch02 and let the wife tell her story? You don’t have to change the outcome, but you could make the story more complete.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 8 years ago
Who is she?

Why did she cheat? Who is she really? We get some idea about him and I liked him. I would like to know more about what was going on in her head.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent story

Much better than 99.999% of the crap that gets posted on this site. 5 stars. Your best story to date. Look forward to your next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Dated a gal once

She was shy about her breasts, they were smallish and one was clearly larger. I didn't mind, and she was great in the sack even though she usually had a top of some kind on. Try to fondle her boobs first, that turned her off so I quickly learned to head downstairs first. Once warmed up, everything else was fine.

I ran into her some 4-5 years later, and man. She had the tits fixed, darn good job too, there was some minor scarring but I had to search for it.

The other thing? She sure was not shy any more, it was like they were not her boobs, like something she had in a box she wanted to show off because she had them out for anyone who wished to look or feel them.

OK. I suppose I can understand that, but man is that hard to deal with being the boyfriend and watching the girl friend let some stranger squeeze her bare tits like that is normal? At parties, about everywhere, with people looking and snickering?

Yes, I sort of understand but I also don't. Bashful about not very nice boobs, suddenly they are great? I liked that gal but could not put up with it.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 8 years ago
A bit weak in spots

but overall, I liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The time to treat contact with a corrosive substance is the first moment you know of it.

And you don't relent until the corrosive is removed or neutralized. As soon as she displayed her vanity and her preference for praise from other men he should have been in her face, her head, her life. If he had forced the issue earlier he would have learned that he married the wrong person, and he could have corrected that mistake sooner and with less heart break. If he hadn't of caught her she would eventually have dumped him when she traded up. But the fact that this guy was ready to sign any terms of settling the divorce indicates he is too weak for a woman like her. He should have simply told her, in private, sign the fucking 50/50 split, with you reimbursing me for the cosmetic surgery, or I will spend whatever it takes to have you permanently scarred from head to toe! But this guy doesn't have the balls or gumption to strike fear into those who would steal from him. So he just turns the other cheek and slinks away under whatever terms she dictates. Now he knows what it means to be bitch-slapped.

Great story, you pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

A simple story, but very nicely done. No heavy writer's hand pushing the characters around. Loved the line: I won't be a jailer or a cuckold. Good job!

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
even worse than the sex

was the fact that she behaved like a slut in public... no husband wants to see that

gordo12gordo12about 8 years ago
Liked the story

4*

Richie4110Richie4110about 8 years ago
Good Story

I hope you will continue developing your story ideas and, perhaps, do follow ups like "where are they now?"

Gave it 4*

Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
HAHAHA SO LET ME GET THIS A MALE OVER 50 WROTE THIS?

stop being a bitch admit you are to scared to admit your sex or age, why? the plot was so high school teenage girl....snicker "i still love her" haha.

why not throw in an evil laugh. really did you copy and paste the dialogue ?

it seems women can gang fuck little boys to death and the men would still love them.

abuse=love= yeah rape and ASSAULT

50+ men on this site are if men, have never gotten mad or have an imagination

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 8 years ago
Great read

Thanks for the read. Keep writing.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Women probably didn't enjoy the story as much.

I really enjoyed the story. All other things being equal most men make decisions based more on logic then emotion. She knew she had committed the "deal breaker" she just attempted to keep him ignorant of her actions. She broke the deal, the deal was a marriage agreement, there fore he divorced her. He acted to minimize his own anguish and suffering. He was not consumed with revenge, so he was cutting his loses and getting on with life. To me it was a completely believeable story. It was a little short on character development and the ending seemed a little abrupt but I liked it, gave it 4*'s and am off to look at your other stories now.

anon jerry

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Border Line Boring***

Well written story, and a well used story line. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
BECAUSE SHE IS A SLUT, lu-on-don

A WHORE TO DA BONE GIVES DA CUNT FOR FUCK FREE,

LIKE A DOG CAN LICK HIS PRICK

AND DOESN'T NEED EXCUSES OR SHALLOW PSYCHOLOGY,

AS lu-cuck-don IN HEAD IS SICK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
meh

full of clichés. weak ending. still, better than the usual cuck crap.

shaman43shaman43about 8 years ago
Many cliches in dialogue but......

Gave it a five. Yes some plot weaknesses and even though the author tried to make the usual cliches sound ok because of how used it still seemed too fake so as to fit with how the plot events were written. Even the start where he said he did not see it coming did not mesh with the way the plot read in that he did see it coming. But after his discovery there are philosophical morsels of wisdom in every paragraph for a while. There sweet turns of prose so well written the sentences flow like a brook meandering thru a meadow. The last paragraph is the way these relationships end in most of our realities. No bs just the way life goes. Well done for our enjoyment.

arkrebelarkrebelabout 8 years agoAuthor
Cliches and points taken

Yes there are a lot of cliches in the story, that was intentional. Lets honest here it would be near impossible to tell a cheating wife tale without hitting at least a few. So why not use as many as you can? Some liked it, some hated it, so like any story that part wasn't for everyone.

Yes the charaters especially Karen need more developement. She should have had more opportunities to explain or justify her thoughts and deeds. But thinking about it and trying to write it where it sounded "correct" from a female point of view is difficult. I mean read the comments about the male in the story and just Imagine how badly I'd do trying to write in her "voice".

The ending will always be the most love / hate part of any cheating wives story. This one is pretty much just an acceptance that the marraige is over and walking away. Probably the least popular ending among the anonymous BTB posters. And I knew there would be lots of comments saying he is a wimp or a pussy, or she got off too easy. I get it really I do, but it's just fictional story, and this one happens to end with a minimum of violence.

In an earlier story I ended with the husband watching his former loving wife through a rifle scope, that got me hate mail as well. One woman was shocked that I would consider writing such a violent ending. But she did start the email with "as a woman in a cuckold relationship".

Thanks for giving the story a read. I do like to read the comments that point out what you felt were strengths and weaknesses in the story.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
A thoughtful comment from the author

Thanks, Arkrebel, your comment explained a couple of the dilemmas LW authors face. There are several totally different readerships and there is no way a story can satisfy them all. We are amateur authors doing our own thing, but I doubt that even the most skilled professional writer could survive uncriticised on this forum.

L

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 8 years ago
An Enjoyable Story

Real characters and we well developed storyline. I agree that you don't have to burn the world to gain revenge. However, I think he became the "wimp" when he acceded to her demands at the end, when he just gave up as you wrote it.

Otherwise, he stood on his principals, but I didn't like how he cast those same principals aside to just wash his hands of her.

Thank you for the enjoyable read and please keep writing!

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Excellent Story

The development was well paced and the confrontation vivid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a sissy faggot husband

If he was a man, then revenge would be needed. But as all sissy faggots say, it wouldn't change anything. Yes it would. It's called Satisfaction. It is clear that she isaid a Heartless Cunt. But then why not if he is nothing but a no balls sissy.

arkrebelarkrebelabout 8 years agoAuthor
Open offer

Okay I knew going in there would be a lot of people (mostly anon) that would hate this guy for being a sissy or a wimp or whatever.

First get over it he is a fictional charater in a story. I chose to have him act like he did just because it was what I wanted for this story. This does not mean I believe this is how it should be handled, or how I would personally handle the situation. Just how this guy in this story did it.

Second for those that feel he needed to be different here's my best offer. You have my permission to rewrite the story as you see fit.

I do ask that you give credit to me for the original story. You should reccommend that readers read the original if your changes are just a new ending.

Send me an email through the system and add a reply email and I'll send you the original file to edit at your pleasure.

Keep in mind though you'd pretty much have to come off the anonymous list and that you'd be opening yourself to your own set of comments and critques. But hey its all part of the adventure of posting a story.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Wimp?

How does anyone see the husband as being a wimp? He didn't keep the cheating slut, he saw the situation for what it was and acted decisively on it. You don't have to kill the cheating slut to not be a wimp, just stand firm on your beliefs and not waver in your stance that once a cheater always a cheater and it's a total waste of time trying to either change that or your thoughts on it.

I enjoyed the story for what it is, a brief look at how a cheating slut ruined a marriage. Now granted she did have help, her so called friend and however many men fucked her while knowing that she was married woman, but she was the one who choose to cheat. I would just hope that the husband in such a situation, if it were real, would be able to bounce back after everything was said and done.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
analytical

well reasoned

quite true to how life plays out among the logical and reasonable.

but that reads as less than dramatic and why I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
it woud change something.

Seriously? No pain for her friend who brout bad company n eventual decline?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I don't like, but truly admire it. In the real world, they just get divorced...

...usually she starts to get bitchy and cruel(ler) when it comes time to divide the assets, unless he just takes his most prized stuff and lets go of everything else.

I agree with another commenter, that revenge is a useless attempt to make the offender(s) feel at least some of the pain they inflicted.

I confess to seriously considering the types of things I could do to my wife and her lover, as I was finding a way forward as a single.

In the end, I decided I preferred living well to the high risk of jail time most of the things I could think up would have meant for me.

I relocated and took work a bit below my former pay grade but with far greater potential. It was nearly a decade before I got lucky again. And, sadly this time I was careful. But this one has been very good...far better than life with the cheater.

Just turn away and live well....whatever that means to you.

Thank you.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
Cunt!

She's gotta be kidding! She's fucking another guy but wants to keep her marriage? She's fucking lucky her soon-to-be ex didn't kill her,her shitty friend Rachel,and the young stud who was slippin' her the tube steak.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Needed.....

This story is in SERIOUS need of the famous FTDS man to put an ending with balls !

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Probably the most sensible response of all

Divorce her, get her out of your life as quickly as possible and move on. Revenge might seem attractive in the heat of the moment, but actually doing it just extends the amount of time she's still in your head.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Read It Again

I needed to catch up. Seems that Karen cornered the market on stupidity. Giving all the correct cheaters responses proved she thought her husband was just as stupid. 'Fraid not. Now to read her tale. Curious as to how the author is going to spin it. We'll see...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@luedon Re: "Why did she do it?"

While I sort of see your point, but when you get down to it does "why" she did it really matter?

I see "her" story has just been posted, so I guess it's a moot point!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@impo_61 Re: Settlement

It really wasn't made clear what settlement he actually signed, but I would certainly HOPE that he didn't really sign just anything.

I think he meant it as a figure of speech, that she was dragging things out by arguing over the settlement, and he just cut her off by saying that. Again, I would hope that if she hit him with something really outrageous he wouldn't sign it!!

telboy17telboy17almost 8 years ago
What a wimp

Another guy who is too much of a wimp to intervene before it was too late.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 8 years ago
just refreshed my memory

I had to refresh myself on what happened. Now to decide if I care to know the cunt whore's side.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Okay story that seemed to lack information

It would have been interesting to know more about them. But this was a decent depiction of what happens in marriages and how divorces happen. Are there degrees of BTB? By divorcing her, he did burn her happy life down around her ears. Of course we don't know the full circumstances because the story doesn't tell us, but most marriages leave both parties poorer off. So maybe he did BTB. Who knows? That lack of information was the weak point in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The Cost

A co-worker of mine lost his wife due to her taking up with a younger single woman. They began going out once a month for a "girl's night out". Then it became twice a month, then once a week. Originally, he enjoyed the benefits of an inproved sex life; much as in this story. As it continued, she got home later and later; until the night she texted him at 4:00 am. that she was going to spend the night at her "single friends" house. The improved sex had all but ended, replaced by a shower when she got home and just falling into bed saying she was exhausted and her going right to sleep. He could still smell the alcohol on her even after the showers. The "over night" at the "friends" just served to complete the circle that he had already drawn; especially since she didn't show up at the house until 6:00 pm. the next evening dressed in clothes that there was no way that she had gone out "clubbing" in (her word for it).

He investigated her clothes and accessories when she hadn't come home the next morning. Among the many things he found, the thing that confirmed what he already suspected was a recent pack of birth control pills with one week missing. He had had a vasectomy several years before, so obviously those were for her new "activities". They were in the bottom of her lingerie drawer, full of new and sexy items that he had never seen (or that she had never worn for him). He looked in her closet (they each had one in the bedroom) and found a whole area of new clothes that he had never seen that were far sexier and revealing than anything she had ever worn for him. New pumps and strappy shoes with 4 and 5 inch heels on them, when she had always only worn low heel or flats for him saying that "high heels were only something that strippers or whores wore and that they hurt too much to wear them" (guess she was right about the whore part).

He hired a P.I., as he wanted definite proof of what he suspected was going on. It didn't take long as he was quite good and she wasn't even trying to hide what she was doing. His wife had gone "bi" with her single friend and in essence was participating in M/F parties or sometimes F/F parties at various locations around the area. So, with the evidence in hand he just left after seperating the finances as much as he could (and leaving as little as possible for her).

He didn't waste time divorcing her, as this way, unless she filed; he wouldn't have to give her anything else. In the end it didn't matter anyway, because as in this story; she said that she only loved him, it really didn't mean anything, and that it was only "sex" not making "love" as she could only do that with him. She was just wanting to explore her sexuality before she was too old to do so, her single friend convinced her that marriage was too confining and that she needed to go out and "live a little and explore her sexual side".

And so she did, without him in her life anymore. And the COST I mentioned at the beginning, well she did get to live a little. Turned out that during her "explorations" she had picked up more than one STD as the party partners weren't very clean or descrete. The COST to her was that through one of her "bareback" excursions, she contracted AIDS and ended up dying alone as he later found out. The "Friends" deserted her and her family had more or less disowned her after what she had become and the way she chose to live her life (they were devout religious people).

So, for something that didn't mean anything and that was only sex she truly paid a high COST indeed.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
He Was Blind Alright!

She's flashing her store-bought tits at the bartender for free drinks?! He has to keep at eye on her when they go out so she doesn't just whip out her hooters?! WTF?!

Their marriage was a train wreck just waiting to happen! Karen the Cunt was just what the twat needed as an excuse to fuck around! We learned about the time he caught her with young,surfer Joe. How many times had she already been slopped the tube steak by some young stud? Nope,divorce was the only answer to this problem!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not bad

Me? I just drove away. Away from the lounge to pack my bags and I left. That was 26 years ago and I've never had contact again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice tight , too the point story

This is the type of mentality that we , or at least I , aspire to posses .

No back and forth wavering , wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth . He knew where his limits were , and he stayed true to his own moral compass.

This is fiction of course , and " Real Life " is seldom so cleanly incised , but its nice to have the ' Walter Middy' blue print that one would hope to have in such a truly shitty situation.

Well done author

RePhilRePhilabout 7 years ago
Sweet!

Nice Job. Straight forward no corners just fast track to divorce. Oddly refreshing in this section. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kind of an emotionally stunted story.

We got most of the basics, but we don't know what was really going on in her mind. Have to wonder what transpired during the counseling. So, short and to the point.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Consider this:,,,,

When you're a child, everyone wants to be the Bat Man. It is only when you become an adult you realize the Joker makes more sense. Something to consider with this story,,,,,He started out as The Bat man. But the divorce turned him into the Joker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Boilerplate pap

If you REALLY want to write, try learning. Read Starstang's story above yours.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fuck that

Btb the bitch

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Rachel

needs some pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You did good getting emotions up

With the start of your story but then totally popped the baloon. There was no ending dumbass!!!!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
*4

Would have been a *5 if you had done some.damage to Rachel and the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Started out good but the ending was weak. Very weak.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Second time

I disagree with the author. This was a great BTB! I loved it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
This really hit the mark!

Women only grow more beautiful for decades. I know they get hit on by coworkers and friends and most know enough to deflect that stuff. I often wonder about the ugly duckling, or flat duckling, that is suddenly the object of so much more attention. How do they adjust? How do they keep their head?

This story seemed more real than I like to admit. Good job!

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
“ Love isn't just a remembrance of the good times, but also remembering the difficult times and overcoming them as a team.”

That is so friggin’ obvious, yet I’d never seen it in print that succinctly before. Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
NICE.

Wasn’t gonna comment but seeing another (dickwad) commenters remarks and awarding a 1 ⭐️ I felt compelled to say Something, really good thought out story , I enjoyed immensely , keep writing,I’ve seen a lot better but a hell of a lot worse, EXCELLENT STUFF, JUST 5⭐️, Thanks. P.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One star because of this:

"I still loved her probably always would".

What utter codswallop. Just another LW cliche. Try something original.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
It was

It was just sex. Famous last words from the cheating wife.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 4 years ago
Excellent Story

How nice to find a great 5 star written so long ago. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

I would have made sure that The guy had an accident or two .. Even if I had to bring in My 6 Degree Black Belt Nephew . How good is He ?? His wife was almost Raped , But He was there and the 2 Guys ended up in the hospital . He almost ended up in Jail But an off duty Police Woman had his back . She told what had really happened .

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
A first step toward reconciliation?

The MC in this story was quite firm in his belief the marriage could not continue and his is view that is determinate in this situation. Even so, I wish he had asked his willing to do anything to make it up to you wife whether she would have the breast implants removed as a demonstration of her remorse, a preventative measure concerning future infidelity and a first step toward reconciliation. I seriously doubt her answer would have been yes.

Of course it would be harsh for him to allow her to have the implants removed, in the unlikely event she was willing, when he knew he had no interest in staying together. Some injustices, however, deserve a harsh response.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

My first time reading one of your stories, look forward to more! Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

He.helped Karen build herself into a sexy Frankenstein, but he didn't give the monster a working brain.

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 3 years ago

That last line, revenge would only change you, into a monster. Utter bullshit. How about dispensing justice and keeping your self respect. Or are you wanting to be a weak willed cucky boy?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userarkrebel@arkrebel
I enjoy writing and wish to become better at it. I don't have an editor and rely on Microsoft Word to spell grammar check, yes I know that isn't the best idea. I probably start ten stories for any one I finish and I don't post many of the ones that do seem more complete. I en...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES