All Comments on 'Los Cinco Hermanos Ch. 06'

by eidetic

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You don't understand drugs

If you want to understand drugs - understand PTSD.

The more serious the PTSD the more serious the drugs.

And yes. Split personalities are often a function of PTSD reacting with social rules.

Alcohol is a drug. Anger is also a drug.

I should also mention that weed is better for boners than alcohol. It has been decrimed in California for quite some time.

eideticeideticover 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous: Drugs (edited for typo)

I have tried to think of a reasoned response to your comment which goes beyond "you're wrong."

I am not clear on which aspect of the story triggered your sensitivity to PTSD. Unfortunately, by posting anonymously, I can't have an offline discussion with you about my personal experiences with PTSD, ADHD, ODD, OCD, Bipolar 2, Schizophrenia (or MPD or DID if you prefer), alcoholism (both active and recovering), Anxiety disorder and so forth, and the medications used to treat them, including non-medicinal Ego Therapy.

I also can't discuss with you the recreational use of various drugs including barbiturates, amphetamines, tranquilizers, hallucinogenics, sedatives, psychotropics, narcotics and others. I assure you, I have the requisite experience.

If you are considering Sandy as a victim of PTSD, you are missing the point. There was no traumatic incident in her past which would be causal. She developed a split personality (think Jekyll and Hyde, if you will) as a coping mechanism for her Wild Child side which kept getting her in trouble. She would be a prime candidate for Ego Therapy, if she were willing.

Regarding your comment regarding weed, both marijuana and alcohol both lower inhibitions and interfere with sexual response. If you need a literary reference, please see Macbeth, Act 2, Scene 3. In small amounts and coupled with a stimulant such as dexedrine, marijuana can be used to alleviate the symptoms of premature ejaculation. THC has been shown to help with diseases like glaucoma and cancer.

I empathize with your PTSD issue. It has destroyed many lives. And personally, the VA isn't doing a very good job helping our returning servicemen and women who suffer its effects. It just doesn't apply to this story. I hope you can understand this.

I hope you find plenty of stories here on Lit which tickle your fancy. In my opinion, one's fancy should be tickled often. Thank you for commenting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usereidetic@eidetic
I'm sorry I finished and submitted the latest Spark story so close to the Geek Pride deadline that it was delayed and missed the 25th. However, it is now published. I hope those who have been enjoying the series continue to do so with this latest offering. *~*~*~*~* I keep fo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES