Loss to Love Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No..." He said sheepishly, prying the gate open and walking up the stairs that led to the roof. The cool air hit my face and I took another deep breath in. I scanned the surroundings, seeing the greenhouse where the botany club usually hung. Other than that, the roof was pretty empty. When school was open, the roof was open all the time. Students loved to come up here for lunch or studying after school. It was one of the nicer, more peaceful parts of the school.

Dean and I hung out here on a regular basis. I watched as Dean walked over to the edge and swung his legs out, dangling them over the side of the school. I rolled my eyes. It was dangerous yes, but I couldn't stop him from doing that every time he came up here. You know what they say? When you can't beat them, join them. I followed his lead, swinging my legs off the side next to him. "You really should stop doing this. It's dangerous." I stated looking down at the field in front of us.

"Then why are you doing it too?" He smirked.

"Because you're a bad influence that's why."

"Remember that time we saw Katy slap Mike from here?" He asked, recalling one time after school when we were just hanging out, at the very same spot that we were currently in.

Katy Thorne, who was head cheerleader, broke up with Mike Weil, star quarterback in the most dramatic fashion and Dean and I was there to watch it all unfold. It was funny to say the least. Katy was going crazy accusing Mike of cheating, making a huge scene on the field, during practice no less. Everyone simply stopped and watched the show. After some hysterical screaming, Katy slapped mike hard across the face and stormed off the field. Of course all this happened two years ago and they have since graduated, but the story still floats the halls of Jameson High.

"Yeah, definitely had some good times up here." I said.

"So what did I tell you? Wasn't this a good idea?" He asked.

"Okay fine, this was totally worth it." I leaned back on my hands and stared out to the dark sky. "I'm really gonna miss you."

"Yeah me too. I'll try to call as often as possible though." He said.

"Yeah I know but it just won't be the same if you're not here." He didn't say anything, and to be honest he didn't need to. It was the truth and nothing could change that. He was leaving, regardless of how much I didn't want him to he was leaving. He sighed, bringing my attention back to him.

"I wish I didn't have to go. There must be some way for you to..." He paused. He had that 'idea' face on. "Hang on." He said, getting off the ledge and going back over to his bag. I watched as he rummaged through the bag, tossing some tools out as he search for whatever he was looking for. "Aha found it." He said, pulling out a hammer and chisel. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What, you're gonna kill me now?" I asked.

"What? No. Just follow me." I did as he instructed following him to the wall that stood beside the greenhouse. A couple of potted plants hung off it but most of it was bare. He placed the chisel onto the wall and hit it with the hammer, chipping off a small piece of concrete. He repeated, breaking off more and more wall.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching him chip away at the wall but all he replied was a rude shush. I rolled my eyes and just watched him work. Slowly I could see letters forming from his carving. After a good fifteen minutes, he stepped back and admired his work. He smiled, apparently pleased with himself. Sure the letters where very crooked and almost unreadable, but it was the thought that counts.

I stared at the wall, letting a small smile creep onto my lips. "DL + DC, BFF" read the carved message of our initials. "If you ever feel lonely, just come up here and look at this. Remember that I'll always be there for you, whenever you need me." He said.

I pulled him to me in a bear hug squeezing him as tightly as I could but he didn't complain or grunt in pain, all he did was hug me back with the same ferocity. "Thanks Dean." I muttered.

"No problem man. Happy 19th Birthday Drew!"

12